Trying to find this recipe

IluvKingLouis

DIS Veteran
My mom made this back in the 70's and although she remembers it, she can't find the recipe. I've tried to wing it, but it's missing something.

It had ground beef, corn and cheddar cheese mixed together and baked in a pie crust. When I tried it, my burger meat was crumbly. Her's sliced out neatly and kept it's shape (not as dense as meatloaf though).

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd love the recipe. I've googled like crazy but haven't come across this one.

Thanks!

Moving to the Cooking Forum. Hopefully someone else has heard of this recipe and can help you. It sounds interestin and filling.

Maybe you need to add some eggs to bind the meat? You can always google your ingredients or enter then into the search feature at allrecipes.com. Good luck!

maybe she used a brown sauce (same as a white sauce but made with stock instead of milk)? I use that for shepherds pie, bit its still fairly sloppy. Maybe mixing eggs and breadcrumbs (or fine matzo meal) would bind it together a little - more like meatball than meatloaf?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter