Trying to figure out Disney Transportation...

GrumpyMommy

Earning My Ears
What is the best source of information on Disney Transportation? Is there a guide or a web site that shows all the transportation options between the parks and resorts and transfers that you need to make?

Maybe some timeframes as well. Will make it so much easier to plan the day if I know approximately how long it will take to get from place to place. Thanks for any info.

GrumpyMommy said:
What is the best source of information on Disney Transportation? Is there a guide or a web site that shows all the transportation options between the parks and resorts and transfers that you need to make?

Maybe some timeframes as well. Will make it so much easier to plan the day if I know approximately how long it will take to get from place to place. Thanks for any info.

Actually, your best source of information is right ehre on the DIS on this board.

There are transportation wizard web sites but they are out of date for many things. Most of the information is useful, but YOU have no idea what information is wrong.

So, just ask away and we'll be glad to help.

Ed

I have a question-- how long does the bus take, from AK to Mk for instance? We're staying at FOR and have a park hopper pass--I'm trying to figure out how feasible it is to travel between parks, or back to the hotel for an afternoon rest. Thank you! dbs :)

Busses do not go directly from AK to MK. You'll need to bus to TTC or any of the monorail resorts and take the monorail from TTC or CR/GF/Poly to MK. My advice would be AK in the AM, bus to your resort around noon....lunch, pool 'til
3:00 / 4:00 PM and then hop the bus to MK. Doesn't work for everyone, but it is a plan! :thumbsup2

Ok here goes... we are staying at CSR and do not have a car. We are 100% dependant on Disney transportation. Need to know best ways to get where we are going and if we need to transfer, etc. I don't want to cut it too short when we have ADRs.

Day 1 - CSR to dinner at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort
Day 2 - CSR to Epcot
Day 3 - CSR to MK then MK to AK then AK to CSR and finally CSR to Spoodles
Day 4 - CSR to MGM
Day 5- CSR to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (haven't decided which one yet) then CSR to Downtown Disney (Disney Quest)
Day 6 - CSR to Grand Floridian then GF to MK then MK to CSR
Day 7 - CSR to MGM then MGM to Epcot then Epcot to Polynesian and Polynesian to CSR
Day 8 - Ahh! I know the answer to this one ME to the Airport and home :wave2:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for any info you can provide.

GrumpyMommy said:
Ok here goes... we are staying at CSR and do not have a car. We are 100% dependant on Disney transportation. Need to know best ways to get where we are going and if we need to transfer, etc. I don't want to cut it too short when we have ADRs.

Day 1 - CSR to dinner at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort

Bus to MK, walk or monorail to CR ( figure 40-45 minutes with wiating for the bus)

Day 2 - CSR to Epcot

bus (35-40 minutes)

Day 3 - CSR to MK

bus

then MK to AK

either monorail or boat to TTC, take bus from there (45-50 minutes)
or walk to CR and take AK bus from there (40-45 minutes)

then AK to CSR

bus (35-40 minutes)

and finally CSR to Spoodles

bus to MGM,
boat or walk to the BW (where Spoodles is) (about 75-80 minutes by boat, about 50-60 minutes walking)

Day 4 - CSR to MGM

bus (30-35 minutes)

Day 5- CSR to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (haven't decided which one yet)

bus (TL about 40 minutes, BB about 20 minutes)

then CSR to Downtown Disney (Disney Quest)

bus (about 45 minutes)

Day 6 - CSR to Grand Floridian

bus to MK, boat or monorail to GF, 45-50 minutes

then GF to MK

monorail (10 minutees) or boat (20 minutes) to MK,

then MK to CSR

bus (depends on how many people waiting)

Day 7 - CSR to MGM

bus

then MGM to Epcot

bus, boat, or walk (35-40 minutes)

then Epcot to Polynesian

monorail to TTC, switch to resort monorail, monorail to Polynesian (35-40 minutes)

and Polynesian to CSR

monorail or boat to MK, bus to CSR (figure 50-60 minutes)

Day 8 - Ahh! I know the answer to this one ME to the Airport and home :wave2:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for any info you can provide.

See answers above. The times include waiting for the busses,boats, monorails.

Some of the answers may change based on whether or not MK is open.

Also, it looks like you may have some early morning breakfasts. There WILL be busses to take you to these. For the MK area, the busses start before 6:30. For the other parks, the busses start at 7AM.

Ed

I suggest you move your meal at Spoodles to Day 4 when you will be at the Disney/MGM Studios. From there you can get on the Friendship boat to the Boardwalk which is very near Spoodles. The Friendship boats travel between the Studios and the Epcot International Gateway throughout the day. They stop at the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht Beach Club.

You seem to be doing a lot of running from one place to another. We made this rookie mistake on our first family trip. The easiest solution is to use the nearest theme park whenever you want to eat at a resort. From the MK you can monorail over to the Poly, GF, and Contemporary (you can also walk from the MK entrance to the Contemporary in maybe seven minutes). You can also boat from the MK over to FW and WL.
From Epcot and the Studios you can easily get to any of the numerous restaurants in the Epcot resort area by walking or the Friendship boats.

then MK to AK

either monorail or boat to TTC, take bus from there (45-50 minutes)
or walk to CR and take AK bus from there (40-45 minutes)

I'd just like to add my experience -

We wanted to go from MK to POR - and DD wanted to ride the boat from MK - no problem I thought, we take the boat to TTC - then take TTC get a bus to our resort-- WRONG... TTC is for parks, not resorts... for MK to a bus route resort, you wallk out of MK and over to the buses...

(I realize the OP was asking about going from MK to AK - park to park - but I was shocked when we got to TTC and couldnt get on to a resort bus - Rookie mistake, thought I'd share - we did get on the first bus going to a park, and from that park went to our resort - but I felt *DUH - oops!! Last time I had gone to MK the buses didnt go to MK, but only to TTC!! Showing my age I know!!)

There was a few posters who said the buses from other theme parks now go directly to the MK and bypass the TTC. I don't know if that's a permanent change or was a special situation.

Guests taking a bus from another theme park to MK might need to take the boat or monorail from the TTC to the MK.

The Unofficial Guide to WDW (guidebook) has transportation information, including best case - worst case transportation times between resort and parks for both buses and cars.

Rule #1 (mine, not UG's): Never, ever make a trip that requires you to change buses. In particular no restaurant is worth that. If you change buses both ways, it will take bloody forever -- trust me. If that is your only alternative, take a cab instead. You'll be glad you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter