Trying to decide on a resort with 4 teenage girls!

kylmac

Mouseketeer
Hi all-we are owners at BLT and love staying there and usually do with just our family of 4. Next summer for my daughter's 16th birthday, we are taking 3 of her friends along as well as my son and husband. We were thinking good ol BLT 2 bedroom plus maybe a studio for my husband and son. Would we have more room in a 2 bedroom OKW plus studio? Just want everyone to be comfortable. I have heard the rooms are bigger at OKW but worry about the location-we like being so close to Magic Kingdom with BLT. Thank you so much for your assistance with this.
Elizabeth

Can the 4 girls share the "2nd" bedroom at BLT (two queen beds or a queen and a queen sofa?) Your son could have the couch in the living room and you and your husband the "master" bedroom? There would be 3 full bathrooms, right? if Your son shared with you and your husband in the master that gives the girls two to share?

That sounds like a great plan. I was not sure about the layout of a 2 bedroom as we have only had a 1 bedroom. As long as there are 3 bathrooms, life will be good. I think they will love the fireworks on the rooftop if they are back from the parks that soon.
Thank you so much for your help!
Elizabeth

Just for the sake of the extra bathroom and being teenage girls I would choose BLT over OKW. While the room size is bigger at OKW, that extra bathroom I think will be priceless with the teens!!

Plus you really can't beat the location for MK and the girls can easily access Epcot by monorail also from BLT and like you said the fireworks every night are a huge bonus and I think would give a more "wow" factor to teens than staying at OKW.

Have you compared the points for a 2 bedroom at BLT vs a GV at OKW? Those are some of the best bargains in the DVC system.

DTD is a short boat ride away. The new bowling alley; Disney Quest, stores, etc., might be to the girls' liking.

IMO, THe dedicated two bedroom at BLT would work just fine for your party. The dedicated 2 bedrooms have two queen beds in the second bedroom.

You may want to get the extra studio for DH & son (just to keep them sane, LOL), but it may not be necessary. The 4 girls get the second bedroom, you & DH in the Master and the son in the living room.

Of course if you get the studio & the 2B, everyone gets their own bed - you'll have two queen beds, a queen sleep sofa, a twin sleep chair,and of course the Master has a King. You get your own bathroom and the 4 girls get the other two bathrooms. Your DH & son get the studio with one queen & a double sleep sofa and their own bath, plus private space. (I'd get the 2B + the studio if I could swing the points).

Have fun!

Just an update-thank you agin for all of your great suggestions. I ended up booking the 2 bedroom lock off so my husband and son can have their own space and the girls get a little privacy. I also get privacy as I get the master bedroom with the king bed-oh yeah! :cheer2:
Elizabeth

Just an update-thank you agin for all of your great suggestions. I ended up booking the 2 bedroom lock off so my husband and son can have their own space and the girls get a little privacy. I also get privacy as I get the master bedroom with the king bed-oh yeah! :cheer2:
Elizabeth

Have you checked the layout for the lock off.... It's not the same as a dedicated 2br.

In the lock off the area you are looking at officially sleeps 5..... That includes two in the master bedroom. The sofa beds won't sleep 4 16 year olds.

I would recommend changing your reservation to a dedicated 2BR since only three can sleep in the living room. Then the girls would have the 2nd bedroom with two queen beds, which sleeps four. You and your DH would be in the MBR and your DS would be in the living room.

Or if you really want privacy for your DH and DS do the dedicated 2BR for you and the girls and add on a separate studio for the guys. Then the living room in the 2BR will be used only as a living room. And two of the girls can use the bathroom off of the living room.

You could also try for a 2BR at VGF at the 7 month mark, but I would still get a dedicated 2BR.

The more I think about it VGF would solve your problems. You would be near MK. And a 2BR lockoff at VGF sleeps 10. There is a murphy bed in the studio portion and in the living room of the 1BR portion. So you have flexibility, you can place your DH and DS in the studio portion, the girls in the living room portion and you in the MBR. Or place the girls in the studio portion, your DS in the living room and you and your DH in the MBR. The bathroom in the studio is split so there are two showers (one with a tub), so two girls can get shower at the same time. And the studio would have a separate door to the outside so girls would never have to enter the living room while your DS is sleeping or vice versa if the girls are in the living room. However the girls would only have one shower in the 1BR portion. I do think two showers for the girls would be a good idea so they can get ready faster. There isn't a floor plan showing a 2BR lockoff for VGF so you'll need to visualize the studio and 1BR plans as connected.

VGF 1BR

gf_1bdrm_zps62699e69.jpg

VGF Studio

gf_studio_zps20e7cb39.jpg

VGF dedicated 2BR

gf_2brdedicated_zps041bfb42.jpg

Have you checked the layout for the lock off.... It's not the same as a dedicated 2br.

In the lock off the area you are looking at officially sleeps 5..... That includes two in the master bedroom. The sofa beds won't sleep 4 16 year olds.
Have to agree here--you'd be far better off with a dedicated 2BR which would solve all your problems and allow the most privacy for all parties. While the VGF suites are lovely, I'm fairly certain they would cost more for a similar setup (admittedly without checking a points chart), but even more importantly, they aren't as close to the MK action and fireworks as BLT. Certainly, you can't walk over to MK from there. Your home resort would seem to be the best option, but definitely go for the dedicated 2BR. :thumbsup2

Wow-you guys are awesome! I am confused-I thought a 2 bedroom lockoff had the 2 bedrooms (1 king bed) and the other (2 queens) as well as a studio as the lock off. Yikes! I better start rearranging my reservation quick! Now I also might try booking rooms on the way down at HHI as a stopover and on the way home at HHI for a day or 2 at the beach. My parents have decided to move down to their beach house on St Simons Island Ga permanently so they might not have the space to accomodate all of us! Hope I have enough points!
Thanks again everyone!
Elizabeth

Wow-you guys are awesome! I am confused-I thought a 2 bedroom lockoff had the 2 bedrooms (1 king bed) and the other (2 queens) as well as a studio as the lock off. Yikes! I better start rearranging my reservation quick! Now I also might try booking rooms on the way down at HHI as a stopover and on the way home at HHI for a day or 2 at the beach. My parents have decided to move down to their beach house on St Simons Island Ga permanently so they might not have the space to accomodate all of us! Hope I have enough points!
Thanks again everyone!
Elizabeth
HHI is a good hour each way off the interstate, can easily be 2 on Friday or Saturday or if there's an accident. If you want to spend a couple of days that's reasonable, I would not do it just to sleep over. Better to get 2 rooms at a moderate place like Hampton Inn or similar or if you do priceline, you may need 3.

Wow-you guys are awesome! I am confused-I thought a 2 bedroom lockoff had the 2 bedrooms (1 king bed) and the other (2 queens) as well as a studio as the lock off. Yikes! I better start rearranging my reservation quick! Now I also might try booking rooms on the way down at
Thanks again everyone!
Elizabeth
A dedicated 2BR has the master with a king bed and the second bedroom with two queen beds. A 2BR lock-off is composed of a 1BR suite combined with a studio to make that second bedroom, thus losing one of the queen beds from a dedicated 2BR. Unfortunately, there is no arrangement as you describe unless you get a dedicated 2BR and a separate studio.

Thank you again everyone-I was able to get the dedicated 2 bedroom with a theme park view (that is a surprise for my daughter as she asks for it every time and we get the lake view instead). I might check points for a studio for my son and husband but for now I will keep the 2 bedroom-I feel there is enough room in them for all of us. The girls will still come and go as they please. My son can sleep on the pull out sofa. It's all good! Hakuna Matata!
Elizabeth:woohoo:

Great news, I bet your daughter will be surprised. Have a wonderful time.

Thank you again everyone-I was able to get the dedicated 2 bedroom with a theme park view (that is a surprise for my daughter as she asks for it every time and we get the lake view instead). I might check points for a studio for my son and husband but for now I will keep the 2 bedroom-I feel there is enough room in them for all of us. The girls will still come and go as they please. My son can sleep on the pull out sofa. It's all good! Hakuna Matata!
Elizabeth:woohoo:
Congrats! I think you'll find that the dedicated 2BR will have plenty of room for all of you. The girls will sequester themselves in the 2nd bedroom when needed; your son will have his own space at night when all are in their rooms (and have his own TV); and you two will have the luxurious master suite with the jetted tub. :thumbsup2

My soon to be 15 year old daughter has begun suggestion a WDW trip with friends for her 16th....

A separate studio just for me sounds good.

Of course my daughter asked if she could drive at WDW because she will be 16-I don't even like to drive at WDW and I am well over 16. I hope the girls have a blast as it will probably be some time before we go back to Disney. They are now discussing a DCL cruise-I said we would think about it...Nothing like a birthday celebration at Disney.
Elizabeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter