Trying to decide if MNSSHP is worth the $$

kaligal said:
That is a hard decision! Do you buy them early and risk bad weather or wait and risk a sell-out?

Only you can make the call.

I used to buy early, but had some terrible luck with hard ticket events. Now I wait.

We buy out tickets one or two days ahead of time. I've read about how crowded the sold out parties are. We figure if the party sells out, we wouldn't want to be there anyway. Right now we are hoping to attend the party on 9/30. The last time we went, we saw were able do some character meet and greets with very little wait and got our pictures taken with the hearse at the Haunted Mansion and Cinderella's carriage. We don't so the character meets that have ridiculously long lines like the seven dwarves or Captain Jack Sparrow.

OP here - We are saving a lot by doing a YES class, so it might be worth it.

Do most people wear costumes? I'm sure my younger three would like that, but not so sure about the oldest.

What do you do with the Trick-or-Treat bags when you are riding? We try to carry as little as possible when we are in the parks.

My sister is 14, but up until recently, she dressed up for Disney. If your nine year old wants to dress up, they won't be out of place. Even dressing like a pirate is something we can convince our 14yo to do.

I don't think they still do the free face painting, but in years passed when we went with my dad (who's 6'2 and always looks terrifying, I don't think he knows how to smile) he would always wear a skeleton shirt and have his face painted as Jack Skelenton. He made plenty of little kids cry ... he even freaked out my dd. We've considered paying to have it done when we are at the Fort for Halloween.

I agree, that is alot of money, i will say though that if you can budget that it in it is soooo worth it. We absolutely love the halloween party. The parade is my fav and the fireworks are outstanding. We have also have done MVMCP and it didn't even come close to MNSSHP. Everyone is in such a great mood and super friendly. IMO it is totally worth it. We are going again this Sept.:cool1:

I really want to go, but we decided that it wasn't a good idea for us this trip. My almost five year old is still very afraid of the villians. She won't watch Sleeping Beauty or Princess and the Frog alone. We were afraid we'd spend over $200 on the party, she'd be terrified, and we'd have to leave by 7:30. Even more than that, I'm sure neither one of my kids would last until midnight so that takes away some of the value as well.

My husband and I went to the party in 2008 and loved it. Hopefully in a couple of years we'll be able to try again. (of course by then it'll be $100 a person or something crazy like that :scared: )

I really want to go, but we decided that it wasn't a good idea for us this trip. My almost five year old is still very afraid of the villians. She won't watch Sleeping Beauty or Princess and the Frog alone. We were afraid we'd spend over $200 on the party, she'd be terrified, and we'd have to leave by 7:30.

Yeah, if your child is afraid of Villians staying away from the party (i.e. Ground-Zero-Villian-Central) is probably a wise choice. :thumbsup2

I have been looking into getting tickets for the Halloween Party, but I am unsure it is worth the cost. Tickets for us would be $360.

DDs have been to WDW twice and DSs once. We plan on being there for 7 days in October. The pics and videos that I have seen look really fun! However, $360 is a lot of money. Thoughts?? :thumbsup2

We are pondering the same thing..over $400 for us...

If it's in your budget then you have to do it!!! The Boo to You Parade is my new favorite!!!! And it was just a great vibe all around and a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

I would definitley recomend going. The best party Disney offers IMO. I feel it is well worth the money!

DH and I went to MNSSHP when we were at Disney for our honeymoon. I loved the party so much - I even dressed up in a costume.

I was on the fence about doing it for our trip next year. But I found the Boo to You parade on YouTube, and I showed it to my daughter. She thought it was so cool. Plus she was really interested when she found out there was trick or treating.

She's only three right now, but she will be turning five at our trip next year. She already likes thing that are 'scary scary' so I think she'll be okay. :goodvibes

OP here - We are saving a lot by doing a YES class, so it might be worth it.

Do most people wear costumes? I'm sure my younger three would like that, but not so sure about the oldest.

What do you do with the Trick-or-Treat bags when you are riding? We try to carry as little as possible when we are in the parks.

Be aware that it can be extremely hot -- and take that into consideration when planning costumes. I saw more than a few hot, sweaty kids in cute costumes - they looked pretty miserable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter