Trying to decide between Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
I am considering booking a lunch reservation at either Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo. From what I have read, I believe that Teppan Edo may offer more of a dining "experience" since the food is cooked in front of you. Is that the primary difference between the two? Is the food fairly similar at both restaurants? We are a party of seven: four adults and three children ages 6, 4, and 2.

I would appreciate any information or comparisons between these two restaurants. Thanks!

I am considering booking a lunch reservation at either Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo. From what I have read, I believe that Teppan Edo may offer more of a dining "experience" since the food is cooked in front of you. Is that the primary difference between the two? Is the food fairly similar at both restaurants? We are a party of seven: four adults and three children ages 6, 4, and 2.

I would appreciate any information or comparisons between these two restaurants. Thanks!

I have never ate at Tokyo Dining, but I believe that is the main difference. I will say though, from eating at Teppan Edo, it is a great experience and the kids will love it :)

I haven't eaten at Toyko Dining but we went to Teppan Edo and my little ones LOVED it! They were 3 and 5 during our trip. It was our last dinner in Disney and they were very tired going in! To say the least I was worried. They had been troopers all week but the wait was a little long for Teppan and I they were not holding up well. To make matters worse one of our table mates kept sending nasty looks our way before the waiter came. You know the why are they bringing young kids to a restaurant in disney looks.....

Well to make a long story short the food came and the kids were mesmerized! It was great! Our chef was great and the food appealed to their young pallets. I mean noodles veggies and chicken what kid wouldn't like it? The entertainment created a second wind and it was my hubbys favorite restaurant experience in Disney! So Teppan gets my vote!

We were at the 2nd to the last TS dining around the world. DH picked Teppan Edo (we're two adults) and......DH loved it! Our cook was Ken and he was very funny and entertaining. DH repeats what he said constantly..."It's Showtime!"...:rolleyes: Everyone was laughing at the table thoroughout the time we were there. DH found out Ken worked at Benihana at one point. We'll definitely go again, if DH has anything to do with it! ;) Oh yeah, the food was good.

We ate at Teppan Edo and would definitely go back again! Our boys loved it - both for the food and the experience. Go and enjoy the experience!

Thank you for all of the input. :) There are so many great comments about Teppan Edo. Does anyone have anything interesting to say about Tokyo Dining?

tokyo dining is more about the sushi. My DH has tried a few non-sushi items and was not thrilled with any of them. I would do TD for sushi but stick with Teppan Edo for the full meal

tpkyo dining is more about the sushi. My DH has tried a few non-sushi items and was not thrilled with any of them. I would do TD for sushi but stick with Teppan Edo for the full meal

This is very helpful information. Thank you. :goodvibes My husband is the only true sushi lover in the group. Thanks again!

you're welcome :) He can order sushi at Teppan Edo too. My personal favorite is the Dynamite roll, nice textures

Have fun!

Hi-

I love Tokoyo Dining for the Tempura.....delicious. I love Teppan Edo for the food and experience. The best part? I was able to order the Tempura appetizer at Teppan Edo! I'm sure it's the same for the sushi.

tokyo dining is more about the sushi. My DH has tried a few non-sushi items and was not thrilled with any of them. I would do TD for sushi but stick with Teppan Edo for the full meal

what Jody says!!

Its a nice little place - but its never crowded - usually a reason for that ;)

dont get me wrong, dh and I usually always stop in for a bite to eat once every visit - dh enjoys sushi - its ok, green tea is good, there just are not a lot of options... but what they have is good! It just doesnt compare to your Teppon Edo - but to be fair - we dont eat there!! Mainly because we have a fantastic place here in town that really has good teppinaki (sorry about the wrong spelling!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter