• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to decide b/t Coral Reef and Garden Grill

OneBoy/OneGirl

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me about these two restaurants? My kids are 5 and 8. Which one would they enjoy more? I know CR is not a character restaurant, and GG has Chip and Dale, right? They won't really care about them, so which one has a better atmosphere. etc?

Thanks!
Jill

I'm going the other way and saying Garden Grill. It was Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto, and we got mass quantities of time and pics with all 4 characters. My son was 4 at the time and thought it was the best thing ever. He loved the revolving resturant, plus they brought the kids thier own special build-your-own-cupcake dessert, too.

100% Garden Grill. We've had nothing but excellent food and service there. The characters are great. We've had horrible experiences at the Coral Reef and will not go back.

I'd say Coral Reef. Garden Grill is so-so in my book. At Coral Reef, you get the underwater view of the sea creatures. It's just more special...and much more memorable. And, I've found the food to be quite delicious.

Been to both several times. and with small kids, I would recommned GG for the character interaction. I also think the way they serve it(family style), you get more bang for your buck. Both are very good but GG gets my vote if you are taking the kids...smjj

Coral Reef! The full wall aquarium is quite memorable. Here's a review from our trip:

Off to dinner at Coral Reef we go. We are early and have to wait, but it's totally worth it. I must say, if you ever get to request a waiter, Tony is awesome! This guy is worth his weight in gold. He keeps on top of my high maintenance family and then some. He laughs with us, kids around with us and gives us tips on things in the park and in the tank. He brings DD's friend refills of Coke by 2's. The kids kept asking for the pineapple out of my alcohol drink and he would play games with them to get it. Now keep in mind these are 17 & 19 year olds and he has them totally entertained. When we ordered dessert he brought them each a bonus plate of pineapple. What a guy. I stopped by the desk on the way out and asked them to tell the manager that we will come back because of Tony.

Oh yes, the food. DSonIL had the mahi mahi and it was delish. DD19 & I had the pork tenderloin and it was very yummy. DH had the steak. DD's friend had the salmon, DD17 had the chicken. All of the food here was excellent. Another place I'd highly recommend and go to again. Tony is a bonus :)

GG for us. When our kids were the ages of yours, they couldn't care less about the fish. They loved the characters.

We ate dinner tonight at GG and the characters were wonderful. They had my DW almost rolling on the floor in laughter. We had Chip and Dale twice, and the second time was even better. The food is good, especially the dessert. We ate at CR on Monday night (8 Jun). We all had fish - ahi, mahi-mahi, and the halibut. All three entrees were excellent. If you get a table by the glass, it enhances the experience. Comparing these two is apples vs oranges. With kids, GG is better because you are in your own booth and the noise level is reduced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter