Trying to come up with plan for MVMCP

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
We will be attending MVMCP for the first time on Nov. 16, and because I am a compulsive planner, I'm trying to come up with a plan.

First question (might be totally subjective) - should we use this opportunity of perhaps lower crowds to try and ride SDMT and for dd to see Anna and Elsa? All FP+'s were gone for our entire stay when my booking window opened, so now we are trying to do these attractions the old fashioned way. We only get to WDW every 2 years (if that), so there's no real opportunity for a 'do-over' later. Or should we just plan to wait the 60 to 80 mins popcorn:: during normal hours to get these done?
Other than these 2 attractions, there isn't really much we really want to ride. I've heard the "Jingle Cruise" is a must do, as it changes for the party. Any other attractions do the same?

We'd like to take in the Fireworks, Parades, and as many "special" experiences as possible (like the Tomorrowland show and Celebrate the Season show) - anything else I should include? Are there special character greets like MNSSHP, or just the typical characters in their Christmas garb?

If we want to take in the fireworks and the late parade, where should we plan to watch from and about how far in advance should we stake out our spot?

Is there a special spot to watch the castle lighting from, or can we just work it in as long as we can see the castle clearly?

Are there special SOTMK cards, like at MNSSHP? My kids watched a youtube video on the game (kinda missed it 2 years ago) and they REALLY want to collect as many cards as possible, so special Christmas ones would be cool!:santa:

And most important, can I get a Dole Whip during the party???

I'd appreciate any other details I should know - I like a definite plan going in, but I've usually done enough research to completely throw the plan out the window and fly by the seat of my pants:rolleyes1: if necessary.
Thanks!

I went the year before last the first week of December. They had partially opened new Fantasyland and the little Mermaid was the hot ride. We walked right on it. In fact it was so empty it was downright spooky. Probably not so much now that it's fully opened but in my opinion everything is a lesser wait time.

We will also be at MVMCP on Nov 16th! We secured an early dinner ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 4:15pm.. this way if we don't get taken right away, it will still leave us plenty of time to take our time and eat before it starts. I also did our fp's that day for MK- 2 before dinner and the 3rd FP for HM right after dinner and then we will get our spot in Liberty Square for the first parade at 8:15pm. Since you want to do the late parade, anywhere is really good to get a spot because more people do the first one. We just like to stay away from the hub and MS because it is a mad house during the party! We do like standing right near Crystal Palace for the fireworks... a little closer to the way towards the entrance to Adventureland. It worked out great last year, since CP is one of the hot cocoa and cookies spots! :thumbsup2

I really can't say what the crowds will be like but i can't imagine it being crazy busy so I think seeing A&E without fp's is very doable. We went to the very first MVMCP last year and it was a sell out and I didn't find it crazy at all.

I must say The Jingle Cruise in our opinion was far from a must do! It was an hour long wait and not much was even changed. All they did was add some lights and xmas stuff into the jokes. It was a complete waste of our time and we could not believe all the hype was for that! That is our opinion.. I won't waste my time again on that at the party.

Have fun! I cannot wait to do this party again! It was the highlight of our trip last year! :santa:

We will be there that night too!! I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions because it's our first party, just wanted to celebrate going to the MVMCP :goodvibes:goodvibes

For what it's worth, from everything I read on here, it's a great time to get on the "must do" attractions with little to no wait, so that's our plan. We will hit the second parade since it's supposed to be less crowded. Hope you have an amazing time :)

1. Should we use this opportunity of perhaps lower crowds to try and ride SDMT and for dd to see Anna and Elsa?

2. I've heard the "Jingle Cruise" is a must do, as it changes for the party. Any other attractions do the same?

3. We'd like to take in the Fireworks, Parades, and as many "special" experiences as possible (like the Tomorrowland show and Celebrate the Season show) - anything else I should include?

4. Are there special character greets like MNSSHP, or just the typical characters in their Christmas garb?

5. If we want to take in the fireworks and the late parade, where should we plan to watch from and about how far in advance should we stake out our spot?

6. Is there a special spot to watch the castle lighting from, or can we just work it in as long as we can see the castle clearly?

7. Are there special SOTMK cards, like at MNSSHP?

8. And most important, can I get a Dole Whip during the party???

Thanks!

1. As you said, totally subjective…last Sunday, for the MNSSHP, I waited 35 minutes at 10:00 pm to ride 7DMT. I waited approximately 30 minutes at 8:45 pm that night to see A&E. It's hard to say how long the lines will be, not knowing if your particular party will be a sell-out.

2. I don't believe any other rides, other than the Jingle Cruise, change over for Christmas - but Disney could always change this, so keep checking!

3. I enjoy the dance parties, as well as making a stop to get the free cookies and hot chocolate. It's also pretty neat to see the snow on Main Street. I also like checking out the special party merchandise in the shops.

4. The 7 Dwarves are special - the line will get long for them - and they're only out at Christmas and Halloween.

5. Again, depending on crowd size, this could change. I like to watch the 2nd parade on Main Street…I usually sit on the sidewalk in front of the Talking Mickey theater. It's usually not very crowded for the 2nd parade. I like to reserve the Dessert Party to watch the fireworks….

6. You'll definitely want to be in FRONT of the castle to see the special lighting show…

7. I have no idea.

8. YES!!!!

I haven't been to a MVMCP yet (we go on november 20th) but I have looked into it a lot and there are a few things to mention.

First I did a MNSHP last year and even though there aren't a lot of people in the park, it does get busy around the parade route and for the fireworks. If you can do the late parade and fireworks do that and hit rides and characters first.

Most characters are decked out in their Christmas best, but there are some special ones as well, there's Santa, the 7 dwarfs are usually out, the princesses all sport their princes on their arms AND despite all the rumors that there is going to be a special frozen hard ticket event in the MK I have heard from a cast member that Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and OLAF!!! will be at the regular MVMCP. I don't know if this is true....but it seems plausible seeing as how disney has announced the special frozen event in HS instead!!

AND despite all the rumors that there is going to be a special frozen hard ticket event in the MK I have heard from a cast member that Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and OLAF!!! will be at the regular MVMCP. I don't know if this is true....but it seems plausible seeing as how disney has announced the special frozen event in HS instead!!

Fingers Crossed!!! I have 2 boys that would love to meet Olaf :thumbsup2

The Jingle Cruise is supposed to be all through the holiday season from what I understood from the blurb I read....so no need to specifically go during the party if there is a long line!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will change our plan to not include the Jingle Cruise on the party night - we have one other full day planned at MK, so we can probably take it in then without wasting valuable 'party' time.

Glad to hear so many other Diser's will be there! Keep an eye out for us - we'll be the crazy Canadians in the Santa hats, :santa:tank tops and shorts! (because at home it will already be below zero with snow on the ground, so we will be celebrating the warmth of Florida in November!!)

Also loving the concept of giving Olaf a warm hug! Hope that rumor proves true!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter