• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to chose 2017-- need help

What has changed in the Germany trip? It looks almost identical to last year.

We did this trip last summer, and as best I can tell nothing has changed except the hotel in Heidelberg. The adults only trips now have lunch at Hofbrauhaus (instead of the Steiff Museum), and the adults only itineraries in September have Oktoberfest, but IIRC, you are traveling in the summer. We did not do adults only and traveled in June, so the itinerary is essentially identical.

So...decided to postpone Germany. Am going to do revamped London/Paris first, which buts right into the France trip. It's different enough to do over. I'm just feeling like that speaks to me better than Germany. I figure if I am meant to go to Germany...then these England/France plans will fall apart.

I'm doing London and Paris on my own, but, the new itinerary does look pretty awesome, so I can see why you're doing it. I'm sure that it will be spectacular. You'll have a great time!

Okay, so I'm still thinking: I have the July 28-Aug 4 London/Paris and the Aug 4-11 France only trips scheduled. I'm flying to France on July 15th to spend a few days in Paris to see Loire castles. Then heading via Eurostar to England to go to Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon etc. Then will hit the ABDs. But I feel seriously guilty about spending money to do an ABD a second time.

Am I being silly? The itinerary has changed quite a lot. But I'm wondering if I should just do a different ABD at maybe a different time and just solo England. Thoughts?

Okay, so I'm still thinking: I have the July 28-Aug 4 London/Paris and the Aug 4-11 France only trips scheduled. I'm flying to France on July 15th to spend a few days in Paris to see Loire castles. Then heading via Eurostar to England to go to Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon etc. Then will hit the ABDs. But I feel seriously guilty about spending money to do an ABD a second time.

Am I being silly? The itinerary has changed quite a lot. But I'm wondering if I should just do a different ABD at maybe a different time and just solo England. Thoughts?
There are a couple of ABD's that I've seriously considered doing a second time (like Alaska, which they've changed a bunch). If the altered itinerary interests you, I say go for it! You can do a different ABD next time.

Sayhello

If the itinerary has changed enough to make it interesting to you, I'd do it. There are people who have been on Backstage Magic multiple times and they would probably still do it again (and that itinerary doesn't change, as far as I know).

You'll love it and have a fabulous time. Enjoy!

I think it's totally fine repeating an Adventure. I'm doing China for a 2nd time, but this upcoming China ABD is quite different. Having said that, I think it would depend on what's repeated and what's new.

My concern would be the overlap in Paris from both ABD's and your previous ABD. How much is repeated and what is new for Paris? As much as I love Paris and ABD, I'm not sure I would go to Paris 3 times with them.

Cousin O- there will nothing done 3 times, except The Louvre. Which is fine for me. The France trip has pretty much been overhauled so none of the France stuff is the same as London/Paris. Except the Louvre and maybe a general city tour. I'm fine repeating those things.

Cousin O- there will nothing done 3 times, except The Louvre. Which is fine for me. The France trip has pretty much been overhauled so none of the France stuff is the same as London/Paris. Except the Louvre and maybe a general city tour. I'm fine repeating those things.

Smart of ABD. It does sound very convenient to just finish one abd and immediately start the next in the same city. Do you even have to change hotels?

I can recommend the Normandy portion of the France ABD. Omaha Beach and the American cemetery were very powerful. And seeing Mont Saint Michel was awesome. I'd love to see those again some day.

Paris is only Musee de la Orangerie, city tour, Louvre, and a couple dinners/lunches -- really little time and sightseeing. The France Itinerary is mostly out of Paris.

@ Rapunzellover, sounds perfect! Back to back ABDs, especially where you are ending/starting in the same city, is so smart. You're getting great value for your plane tickets over.

That makes it very, very convenient! You don't even have to change hotels. The France trip does look appealing,but I would love to go to Mont Saint Michel and Normandy. I'm drawn to military history. I think you're not making a mistake at all. There is enough to see and do and, like Blues Traveler noted, a great way to get the most out of a plane ticket.

Yeah, I'm going for it! Coming in a couple weeks early (13 days) to see more of England on my own. Bath, Stratford-upon-avon, etc.

Researching air and damn! It's steep.
Check out Winchester! It's a darling town that's often overlooked, with a beautiful Cathedral.

Sayhello

I am living vicariously right now through my fellow dis'ers (wont be able to book ABD for a while) this trip sounds amazing.... Back to back ABD and time before for touring:worship:
This trip sounds amazing!
I don't know if your a teacher but I wish I was to have whole summer for travel:-)
Happy planning:-)
Kerri

s
I am living vicariously right now through my fellow dis'ers (wont be able to book ABD for a while) this trip sounds amazing.... Back to back ABD and time before for touring:worship:
This trip sounds amazing!
I don't know if your a teacher but I wish I was to have whole summer for travel:-)
Happy planning:-)
Kerri

I am a teacher... And will actually be leaving day after I finish summer school. Coming back right before Fall semester starts (I teach at a community college). It's not the whole summer off, but enough time to travel.

s

I am a teacher... And will actually be leaving day after I finish summer school. Coming back right before Fall semester starts (I teach at a community college). It's not the whole summer off, but enough time to travel.
That makes it very convenient to travel for the time you're looking for. I get quite a decent amount of time off,but it makes hard to take more than two weeks off at a time. Your trip will be amazing!

Btw, thanks a lot for listening to my back and forth, all. I know it's first world problems, but the input really helps. So much to see, so little time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter