• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to Budget for Fuel Costs for Trip to WDW...

umaangel00 said:
The gas prices are expected to keep rising until labor day and then start going down to their yearly low around christmas. I am only budgetting between 200-300 for gas and we are coming from Grand Rapids, MI. We will be going in March though. Even with the high gas prices (which should be lower come our trip) it still won't cost me more than 300 for gas.

We have a conversion van (which I wouldn't give up for the world on trips like this :teeth: ) that uses a lot of gas.

On the AAA site, if we were going this week, it would cost around $350 round trip. The five of us couldn't fly for that so it's still ok.

But the good news is that we aren't leaving until after Thanksgiving. I hope what they predict will come true and I can shave some off of that $350. We aren't coming home until Dec. 10th...............here's hoping they are at a low by then. :wizard: :wizard: :teeth:

Mom of Sleepy said:
We have a conversion van (which I wouldn't give up for the world on trips like this :teeth: ) that uses a lot of gas.

On the AAA site, if we were going this week, it would cost around $350 round trip. The five of us couldn't fly for that so it's still ok.

But the good news is that we aren't leaving until after Thanksgiving. I hope what they predict will come true and I can shave some off of that $350. We aren't coming home until Dec. 10th...............here's hoping they are at a low by then. :wizard: :wizard: :teeth:

Yeah I guess you would spend more on gas than I would. LOL. I only have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville. It gets 27-30 miles per gallon highway so I use a lot less gas than most. Its only DH and I that go so it's plenty of room for us both!

We had $210 in gas cards for our July trip. They worked fine, except they were all $10.00 cards so we had to stop at $10.00 and insert new card until the tank was full. Really no big deal especially since all the cards were free from reward programs. We filled up prior to leaving and all the gas cards we had were for Exxon/Mobil. No problems with this along the way from Buffalo to Orlando. The only place we didn't use the cards was once we were on Disney property, the gas at the Hess stations on property is less expensive than the surrounding area so that tank of gas for the two weeks was purchased at WDW. I have a Grand Caravan and I think we only spent $270 in gas total (including the gift cards) round trip and the two weeks at WDW. Gas is more expensive now, but when we first decided that we were going to drive DH found that even at $5.00 per gallon we would still be cheaper than flying/rental car for 2 weeks (family of four)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter