• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying Hotwire for LakeBVista this

kiki02

DIS Veteran
weekend. First time. Want only a 3 star or above.

any advice? Yikes!!!!

HAVE A GREAT disney day all. :)

Do you know you can usually figure out the Hotwire hotel by comparing features with the betterbidding dot com list?
I have read and seen that what Hotwire would consider a 3 star other sites call a 2.5. Hotwire often inflates the rating.

betterbidding.com will help you identify the hotel. PL will probably give you a lower rate but Hotwire will let you book a room guaranteed to accommodate 3 or 4 guests and will list amenities. A free breakfast may justify paying a little more.

betterbidding.com will help you identify the hotel. PL will probably give you a lower rate but Hotwire will let you book a room guaranteed to accommodate 3 or 4 guests and will list amenities. A free breakfast may justify paying a little more.

Huh? I don't even know what betterbidding is? is it the same, you bid , and etc? thanks

betterbidding is a "help" site. They can help you identify a Hotwire hotel, based on the amenities listed. They'll give you assistance in deciding what to bid on Priceline. If you use them for help the least you can do is bid/book through their links.

Also Check out www.hotels.com their deal of the day is for Nick Suites for $71 per night. Not sure if that would interest you if you are traveling with kids. Also hotwire has 4 star in Lake Buena Vista for $70 per night. Personally when using hotwire I usually stick to 4star or higher.

Last year we booked the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort in Lake Buena Vista through Hotwire. It was fabulous! We stayed again after that first stay. There is an older part of the building, but we just requested the new section. It is a very large hotel with only one building with outside room access. The other building, about 6, all have indoor room access. I would stay there again, it was so nice.

Also I've found the Hotwire & Priceline star ratings don't quite jive. Usually Hotwire rates a hotel about a half star higher than what Priceline does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter