Try to make this simple?

Suzylynne

Earning My Ears
Hi - I'll try to make this simple. I have 150 points with a April use year. I had to borrow points from 06 to make a reservation so now all I have are my banked 05 points. Do I have to wait until April to make another reservation? And will I lose my banked points if I do not use them by April 07? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Suzylynne

You can make the reservation with the points 11 months in advance. If they are 2005 banked points they can be used from April 1, 2006 until March 31, 2007. If you don't use them by then, they will be lost. But there are options you should look at if you aren't taking a trip.

HBC

As long as your reservations are for after April 1, 06 you will be fine. You do have to use your '05 banked points before April 1 07.

Thanks for your help. So if I were to call today for a reservation in May 06, I would be able to use my banked points? Sorry I find this so confusing. Thanks again.
Sue

Suzylynne said:
...... So if I were to call today for a reservation in May 06, I would be able to use my banked points? ......
Correct.

Best wishes -

Suzylynne said:
Thanks for your help. So if I were to call today for a reservation in May 06, I would be able to use my banked points? Sorry I find this so confusing. Thanks again.
Sue
Sometimes seeing everything in chart form makes it easier to understand. For an April Use Year, your chart would look like this:

Use Year...Vacation Dates
2005....Apr 1, 2005 through Mar 31, 2006
2006....Apr 1, 2006 through Mar 31, 2007
2007....Apr 1, 2007 through Mar 31, 2008
2008....Apr 1, 2008 through Mar 31, 2009
2009....Apr 1, 2009 through Mar 31, 2010

Each year you get your regular allotment of points. If you bank points, they are simply placed into the suceeding use year. If you borrow points, they are simply placed into the preceeding use year.

In your situation, you apparently borrowed all your 2006 points, and they were placed into your 2005 use year. You used all those borrowed points, and possibly some regular 2005 points (unknown?)

You then banked your remaining 2005 points into use year 2006.

So, bottom line: You have no points left in your 2005 use year, and no 'regular' 2006 points that could be borrowed. Therefore you are not able to make any reservation for any dates prior to Apr 1, 2006.

You may make any reservation that takes place between Apr 1, 2006 and March 31, 2007, and use those banked 2005 points. If you don't use them, they will be lost.

You can also borrow points from 2007, if needed, and put them into your 2006 use year. Let's say you have 120 banked 2005 points, zero 2006 points, and want to make a reservation for November 2006 that requires 170 points. You would use all 120 banked points, and borrow another 50 points from 2007.

Just use the chart and write down how many points you have in each year, and what the status of those points is. (Banked, Regular, Borrowed).

You make your reservation 11 months/ 7 months based on your vacation dates. The date you can make your reservation has absolutely nothing to do with your use year month. The vacation dates will fall within a specific use year, and the points used to make that vacation must be in that use year. For example, for your 2006 use year, you could have points classified as regular points, or as banked 2005 points, or as borrowed 2007 points. All of these points are 'assigned' to your 2006 use year and can be used for any vacation within your 12-month 'year', which for you is Apr 1st through Mar 31 each year. Again, you make the reservation based on the vacation dates, not the use year month.

You can call today, and make a vacation for May 2006 because it will use points from your 2006 use year. You could also call next month and make a reservation for February 2007 (11-month mark), again using your 2006 year points which currently consists of banked 2005 points)

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter