• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Try the Celebration Restaurants!!!

DCSingle

Mouseketeer
On my last couple of visits to Disney, I've had occasion to eat at several of the Celebration restaurants. You don't seem to hear/read much about them, so I wanted to spread the word. If you're not familiar with Celebration, it's the "town that Disney built" and it is located right off of I-4/US192. Celebration itself is like an old-fashioned small town. My family could be entertained just walking around. There is a large lake with a promenade and benches surrounding it, as well as one of those interactive fountains that kids love to play in. Many small shops and a movie theater round out the entertainment.

I've been to three restaurants and really enjoyed them all. In addition to good food, I was pleasantly surprised that prices were similar to what I'd pay in DC (if not less) rather than the typically inflated Disney prices. Although you could take kids to any of these restaurants, they are really not geared toward kids (except for Market Street Cafe). Here are my mini-reviews:

Cafe D'Antonio- Good Italian food. You can really decide how nice/pricey you want this meal to be. Plenty of appetizers and add ons if you wanted to make a big night of it, but you could also just have a simple dinner of pasta. Good lunch menu here. Can't remember if they had a kids menu, but I know they didn't have anything that my 3 year-old niece liked, so we skipped this place when she was with us, but food and service were both good on my two other visits.

Market Stree Cafe- This is your best bet if you have kids along or if you're a nostalgia lover. Themed like a '50s diner with lots of homestyle comfort food. Went with a large group including a 3 year old and 1 year old. Plenty to entertain the kids with and service and food were both good.

Celebration Town Tavern- This is primarily a steak and seafood restaurant. A separate section (Boston something I think) is a bit more upscale. Food here was pretty good but service was very slow and we had the baby with us, however I would still recommend this place if you didn't have small kids with you.

In summary, if you're looking to try some new places on your next trip to Disney, I highly recommend that you try out Celebration. Good food, good prices and just walking around the town is fun. Free parking if you have a car. Can be a bit of a pain to get here if you don't.

For sharing you reviews and the good info they contained.::yes:: :wave2:

We have eaten at two of those, and weren't impressed... maybe we hit both at bad times?

We ate at the Cafe, right on the corner,right? and had okay service (our waitress was actually nice to us but EXTREMELY rude to the poor woman in the booth across from us who was struggling to manage 2 preschoolers - it was all completely uncalled for, too). The food was okay, nothing spectacular, but a nice location and okay prices.

We ate the Tavern steak place, but the funny thing is, DH and I both can't remember hardly anything about it other than it was nice inside (classy), expensive, and we had seafood. It's only been 1.5 years since we ate there, so I guess it wasn't that memorable... we usually remember details of really nice dinners out.

I do agree that Celebration is a fun place to visit! We have gone several times, last year we went when they had "snow" on Main St, and there are several boutique shops that I enjoy visiting. My mom, who lives in Orlando now, goes there to see movies on occasion! I could drive around and look at the houses all day long...

Ugh...we were not impressed at all with the Celebration restaurants either..more like frozen food dumped on a plate.

We liked the Market Street Cafe when we visited in January. My husband and I both had a delicious chicken salad sandwich/clam chowder combo. Maybe I was just happy to see krinkle-cut fries? ;) While we were dining, we noticed quite a few Disney "blue ID" employees there as well, so maybe service was kicked up a notch that day?

I have always enjoyed the Market St. Cafe. Their Reuben is out of sight!

Sherlock's is a tiny little place on the square that offers an authentic English tea and some truly magnificent desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter