Try not to book Egypt in the summer...

Well, actually--wasn't so worried about the heat--but life interfers, this time in a good way. So we cancelled our June 2011 trip to Eygpt (my older son is getting married then, he just announced!)--and are going back to our original plan for 2011: Peru! We'll have to live this trip through your detailed reports, and hopefully catch it at xmas 2012.
Mazel Tov! That's the best possible reason to cancel a trip! :goodvibes And Peru sounds like an excellent second choice. You're going to have a great 2011! :woohoo:

I'm going with Lindblad/National Geographic in 4 months and they don't even do summer tours there. They have sent me a great informative packet with average temps. It says that Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel are 15 degrees warmer than Cairo so if it's 100 at the pyramids, that means 115 at these other places. :scared1:

Average Cairo temps I was provided:

October-November: 84
December-February: 78
March-April: 91
:eek: But it's a DRY heat!!!

Sayhello

Have already begun looking into trying to add a trip to the pyramid sound & light show...I'm guessing that will be cold in the winter because it's at nighttime. It's early so I'd have to check much later to see if it will fit with the itinerary on one of the Cairo days.

Have already begun looking into trying to add a trip to the pyramid sound & light show...I'm guessing that will be cold in the winter because it's at nighttime. It's early so I'd have to check much later to see if it will fit with the itinerary on one of the Cairo days.
"Pyramid sound & light show"??? :eek:

Sayhello

This is included in our tour with National Geographic but I don't know anything about it. I'm picturing Pink Floyd also so I bet I'll be disappointed.

And sayhello, I live in dry heat; I was in the Grand Canyon last year on a day that was 114. Ummm, no thank you to vacationing in it if I have a choice. :laughing:

We're going to be going in August, provided it doesn't fill up before we can make a deposit. It can't be any warmer than NYC in the summer.

If you want to see about the Pyramid sound & light show rent "The Spy Who Loved Me" (although that one dates back to 1977)

"The Spy Who Loved Me" -- exactly. When I saw DCL/ABD stopped at Corsica, I immediately thought of that white Lotus driven by the Roger Moore 007 off the dock into the ocean.

For many of us of a certain age, exotic glamorous ABD locations, Bond movies come to mind I bet.

"Where is Fekesh?"

"Pyramids...."

When I saw DCL/ABD stopped at Corsica, I immediately thought of that white Lotus driven by the Roger Moore 007 off the dock into the ocean.

that was Sardinia...and it was all I thought of when the Med cruise stopped there in 07

Interesting that the temps in Egypt are the same as they are out here in California Mojave desert! At least when we go, it will be something we're used to! LOL

Hi there
The sound and light show is awesome and an amazing way to see and experience the pyramids. Its worth the extra money and day to see it. The pyramids are in amoungst the hussle and bussle of Cairo and the way the show is laid out you have your back to it and watch with wonder as they light up pyramids and sphynx with some fabulous classical music. It just adds a different type of theatre and grandeur that during the heat of the day with all the tourists you perhaps don't see....if I am making any sence?? And also if you are only to see it once my motto is that you may as well enjoy it from every aspect.

We did the Peru trip this past year and loved every minute. You will be amazed at how beautiful Peru is.

Thank you so much! That is so good to know. I was looking at Egypt and wasn't sure when to go. It looks like a great trip..I wish it had a Israel add-on. That would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter