Try new restaurants or go back to favorites?

Being as a lot of our "favorites" have been letting us down, we've been trying new places. But there aren't too many "new" places that we want to try given poor food quality. Shula's was one we tried in January and fell in love with. All these years, we've been missing out on this deliciousness! :goodvibes

There is definitely a fine balance between trying new restaurants and doing family favorites! We have 1 or 2 must do restaurants each trip (like Sci-Fi and Ohana's), have a rotating list of restaurants that we have tried before and do them every other year or every few years and then we try and pick one new restaurant each trip.

This year's new restaurant is Cape May Cafe for breakfast!

I have a blast when it comes time for ADR's because I love menu and restaurant choosing! Have fun!

We do a mix. We return to favorites, but try at least 1 new restaurant on each trip. If you don't try new places, you won't find new favorites. Last month, we tried Via Napoli and Trail's End for the first time for lunch and loved both!

There are so many good places to eat that it is hard to narrow down the choices. A lot of our favorite places to eat are in Epcot (both counter service and table service) and it's really tough for us to decide where to eat there.

We are creatures of habit so we usually go back to our favorites and try one or two new places each trip.

I feel like we keep trying new ones...but I miss my old favs!
Some favorites that we are not going back to this trip are:
Boma
Flying Fish
and
Whispering Canyon Cafe.

But I am excited about trying new ones.

Since this trip will only be our 2nd, we've decided to try different restaurants than last time. Except for one-- Raglan Road. We loved it so much that we'd be upset if we didn't go back again! :laughing:

January will be only our 2nd trip and we have a good mix of old and new. I would have preferred more new ones but when your going with 6 other people you have to try to please everyone.

On a long trip, we try at least one new place. This upcoming trip we are going to Yak and Yeti 1st time.

we have a repeats each trip like Brown Derby, and either Y & Y or Tusker House as far as parks go. We do try a new restaurant each time, but there are some that have made the--never going back to list.

If it is a 6 day or less trip, we stick to favorites. If it is 7 or more days, we add at least 1 if not 2 new ones. We have alot of favorites so we generally end up only trying 1 new one.

One of the things I look forward to the most when it comes to Disney is my favorite restaurants! So I always end up back at the favorites, but I am always sure to try a couple of new places, just in case they turn in to favorites!!!

We kind of mix and match. In terms of picking our ADRs at WDW we tend to rotate from year to year with our faves so we don't get fed up with them. Outside the WDW we will tend to try different restaurants but also stick to the ones we like so not disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter