Try Alternate Airports.......

Kitster

Crazy about Stitch
If you're having no luck finding reasonable air fares check alternate airports. We are trying to fit a trip in for the soft opening of Mission: Space. Since we live on the 'left' coast tickets prices are obnoxiously expensive right now.

However, I just did a quick Orbitz search for a red-eye LAX to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) flight and got a $220 RT price on American Airlines :eek: Since my dad lives in Miami, we may turn this into a WDW / family visit :) Still have to discuss the logistics with my S.O. tonight, but at least this looks like a possibility now.

So don't give up if you can't find good airfare. Ft. Lauderdale is only 3 hours away, Miami International is about 4.5 hours (given the Miami traffic), Tampa is about 2.5 hours from Orlando (if I remember correctly). If you plan on renting a car anyway it really isn't that bad a drive. Just avoid the Turnpike.......it took us 6 hours last November to get from Ft. Pierce to Miami, this is normally a 2 hour drive!!! As bad as I-95 is thru the Miami - Lake Worth area, it's definitely better than the Turnpike is now :(

I agree!
We live in Chicago and typically fly out of Midway or O'Hare and into Orlando International. But a while back I was keeping my eye on Pan Am out of Gary (we live close to the Indiana border), flying into Sanford, FL. Sadly, Pan Am discontinued that service before we could try it, but I am always keeping my eyes open for other opportunities like that.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Tampa is 75 miles, although you should figure 1.5 hours many of us can make it in under an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter