Truth or is it just BS

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I have a co-work who is planning a trip to Disney in April. Yesterday we were having a conversation about her trip -- still hasn't booked any dining and is on the dining plan. She is using some woman/possibly a disney travel agent to book everything for her trip. I urged her to get her dining booked so that they could get some of the places they really want to go to at times that will work for the kids.

My co-worker mentioned she was told (by her travel planner) that because she is on the dining plan that Disney makes sure there are reservations available for dining plan people.

This isn't anything that i have ever heard. Is there any truth to this? Do travel agents have any special access to ADR's? Do dining plan purchasers have any different/better access to ADR's.

You would think if this was the case this would be a great marketing point for Disney travel agents.

Curious minds want to know.

It is not true. Your friend is in for a rude awakening when she gets to Disney.

However, DH and do walkups a lot now and are pretty successful. Not at places like BoG or Ohana, mind you, but we've had plenty of walk up success for a party of TWO.

Definitely not. To either point. She's going to be in for a rude awakening. Especially if she thinks she is going to do character meals.

You are correct- if she wants to eat at a particular restaurant (especially at a particular time) she should be making ADR's. Disney does NOT hold spots open for those on the dining plan- the logistics of doing so would be a disaster.

Now if she’s staying concierge level, there might be a bit more truth bc maybe the hosts can help with ADRs. But I would never rely on that.

I have a co-work who is planning a trip to Disney in April. Yesterday we were having a conversation about her trip -- still hasn't booked any dining and is on the dining plan. She is using some woman/possibly a disney travel agent to book everything for her trip. I urged her to get her dining booked so that they could get some of the places they really want to go to at times that will work for the kids.

My co-worker mentioned she was told (by her travel planner) that because she is on the dining plan that Disney makes sure there are reservations available for dining plan people.

This isn't anything that i have ever heard. Is there any truth to this? Do travel agents have any special access to ADR's? Do dining plan purchasers have any different/better access to ADR's.

You would think if this was the case this would be a great marketing point for Disney travel agents.

Curious minds want to know.
No truth to this. Make your ADRs yourself.

Now if she’s staying concierge level, there might be a bit more truth bc maybe the hosts can help with ADRs. But I would never rely on that.
CL hosts are working from the same pool of availability as the general public for both FPs and ADRs.
Our last trip was an adult only affair and we only made 3 or 4 ADRs over almost 2.5 weeks.
However I'm in the midst of booking ressies for restaurants now as our April trip will include children and they want certain restaurants that we don't eat at unless they are there.

Wow. I mean it’s kind of funny but she either misunderstood what her agent said or that is not a real agent.

One has to hope that her agent has already booked her ADRs and she is just confused or wants to act special.

Good Luck to your friend if she doesn't get busy she will be eating a lot of CS. I actually saw someone who thought the same thing as your friend. During our 1st trip in 2006 we had just checked in at Cinderella's Royal Table when I man walked up behind me and told the CM he needed a table for 9 and anytime in the next 10 minutes would be fine. Well the flustered girl asked him for his ADR numbers. He replied to her that he didn't need one he was staying CL at the Grand Floridian. Well the girl explained to him he did need one that all of us had made reservations at 180 days to make this time. He looked at her and called her crazy there was no way this many people made reservations at 180 days and it really didn't matter he was paying $1200 dollars a night and most of were not. G*d bless that girl she kept her composure even after the cussing started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter