True or false?? Cdn special extension?!

If I understand and decipher correctly and read the tea leaves and gaze into the crystal ball...ahhhh you get it

Looks like you must start the pass - i.e. use the first day by June 30 and then use aall the 7 days by July 15th when it is no longer valid

Thanks
Jason

Has anyone tried to exchane non-discounted passes now that it's been extended? I picked up my passes with the DC discount last time I was in a Disney store - because the CDN special would have been over. Now that it has benn extended, I feel like I'm out a lot of $$$. The only saving grace is that we were only going to use 6 days & 2 plus option days, so I'll still have days left over for next time. Still annoys the h*** out of me!

Bizarre, the web site has changed again

:eek:

Tickets are available for purchase only in Canada by Canadian residents only. Tickets are valid for arrival 11/15/02 - 04/30/03. Two or more Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Tickets must be purchased at the same time. If one of the two persons traveling together is between the ages of 3 and 9, the 50% reduction shall be on the lesser priced ticket. Each additional guest will receive 25% off their Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket. Ticket entitlements on this Special Offer 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket are the same as the 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Ticket sold at the gate in Florida but are date limited and must be utilized by May 15, 2003. Nondiscounted 7-Day Park Hopper PLUS Tickets have no expiration date.

thanks
Jason

:confused: :confused: :confused:

What does it means???!!! :confused:

Why do they changed back their site again?? Is it valid for arrival until june 30th or not? Why can't we have a straight answer??
So many questions, no answers.
:mad:

Anyway, we bought them, had our proof of the expiration date written on my invoice, but don't have the tickets yet...

I can't wait to see them... :rolleyes:

I don't know if we are the only one who got the time to buy their tickets before Disney changed their site back again.

Anyone else?

Marty3d
Same thing happened to me back in Oct, I did all my research and bought the DC passes as everything indicated that I wouldn't be eligilbe for the deal, well they changed the deal at wdw the same time I bought my passes here-they didn't know about it here, I found out later about this and I called right back to TDS and had several conversations with the manager-he was quite embarrased that I knew more than him about the tickets.
I made a ruckus and didn't give up, they finally refunded me for the DC tickets and sold me the ones for the deal. Sooooo yes they will refund..They will tell you that they do not do refunds on tickets-that it is not possible-but they can do it. I really think though that you must be a squeaky wheel. I went in there prepared with all my info, dates,who I had talked to, the number of time the deal had changed-all of that and basically laid it out for them. It really made disney look bad because they just couldn't the deal straight. Looks like that hasn't changed. But once again I have to bring up that they can and do like to say "offer is subject to change at any time" or something like that, to me it is just an excuse when they don't have the info.
Hope you can use the deal as it does save alot of money over the DC.
Grover in Winnipeg

Whats going on!!! They changed the web site back to the old epiration date of May 15th.

Is this a mistake or did they change their mind????

I was going to buy these tikets tomorrow.

Grover - thanks - unfortunately I didn't print out the new dates on the web site and now they've changed back.

This is very, very annoying!

I just phoned CRO and this is what I was told:

Due to the War many people who originally purchased tickets under this program where unable to travel in time to use them (postponed their trip). The extention was to allow these people to use the tickets at a later date.

The impression they gave me was that the extension was not meant to lure new purchasers but only to accomodate those who had to postpone their trip. That would explain why they took it off the web site I guess. It seems very unprofessional to me however.

I was told that if I purchase the tickets by tomorrow they will still say the original expiry date of May 15th but I can take them to guest services at any park and get them exchanged for tickets valid until July 15th.

I am not sure if I want to do this. What guaranty do I have that they will honour this commitment once I get down there? Its kind of risky with nothing in writing don't you think?

I think others should call and complain about this also, maybe they will change it back.

If you call post your results so we can see if they say anything different.

Instead of buying them at the Disney Store(if you were going to to that)- purchase them thru CRO, then have them fax or email you a receipt with a covering letter saying the they are valid until July 15 this is what I did,(back in Oct.) I also picked them up "Will Call" at the ticket sales booth (I wasn't risking them being sent in the mail) They also give you a tracking number to track it thru the system. My belief is: that if something is giving to a customer by a Disney CM, in writting then ANY manager at WDW would not dispute it. I picked up my tickets down there, and I went thru without a problems. In fact I've not hear a anyone whose had a problem.
Gripette-Where did you get the tics from? I don't think it'll be a problem. Just keep all your reciepts & the dates you spoke with people
Maybe Madonna31-could check the TA's website & fax you something if that's not changed.

The MAIN thing is be persistant, and be nice to the CM, imagine how stupid they feel when they get the info changing ALL the time.
If you guys had seen this at the beginning...I think we had 2 different thread with 8 pgs each of angry DISer's

I discovered these boards just over a week ago, and was thrilled to read that this promotion had been extended! We are travelling to WDW in June, and I had been so disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to take advantage of the half-price companion ticket. So I was so relieved about the extension.

I called my CAA office, where they knew nothing about it (surprise, surprise). However, she called me back the same day and said that, yes, I could purchase tickets until April 21. Seemed foolish to me, since the 21st was a Sunday and they aren't even open. So I planned to pop in on Saturday the 20th and buy my tickets.

To make a long story short, I phoned on the Thursday just to double-check, and was told that I would have to order my tickets by the end of the day, since they don't ever order on Saturdays! What a mess!

Then when I went back to the Disney site to print off the extension date, (foreseeing a potential problem--can't imagine why) it was changed back ! I thought I was losing my mind, until others here confirmed that I really wasn't cracking up.

Any suggestions on who to contact at Disney so I can avoid any hassles come our vacation time? I want something on Disney letterhead that confirms I haven't just wasted $1000!

Thanks for your help. Great boards, by-the-way! :D

to give you a copy of something since you bought the tics there but also call CRO 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639) and just confirm what CAA told you & maybe they'll send you something.

Yes, Peterpatch, ONT it is! there's quite alot of us here. I think we need another Ptbo Dis-meet soon! If you got your stuff from Ptbo CAA it's no wonder they didn't know what was going on, I didn't get much help from them in Oct. regarding the same thing.

How cool is that?! Have you guys actually met up before?

I'm calling CAA today and I'll let you know if I get any definitive answers. Not holding my breath, though....

CAA MWO still has this one their site:

Tickets are vaild for park admission Nov. 15, 2002 - May 15, 2003. Tickets are not available for sale after April 30, 2003. Taxes included. All pricing is subject to change

I decided not to buy them because I ran out of time and I basically didn't want to go through the hassle.

I probably should have bought them but I guess its too late now.

CAA phoned to say that my tickets are in. I requested something in writing to confirm that I will be able to use them until the end of June. She thought I was wacko for asking, but I'd rather deal with the hassle here than at the Main Gate at WDW!

Going to pick them up tomorrow, so I'll let you know...

CAA phoned today to inform us that our tickets are arrived. I knew that the expiration date on the tickets were going to be April 30th 2003. So, I asked the travel agent at CAA for a guarantee that these tickets will still be valid for our arrival May 11th.

He then informed himself first with his manager than with Disney direct. NO PROBLEMO they replied!! Just to make sure, we asked for a print out from their supplier indicating that the tickets were valid from november 15th 2002 to JUNE 30th 2003.

Here's what i got:

"Special offer passes must be purchased in groups of two (2) .
Passes must be purchased between: October 15, 202 and April 19, 2003.
For stay from november 15, 2002 and June 30, 2003.
Expiration date : July 15, 2003
100% non refundable or exchangeable"

For a third verification, my DH called Disney personnaly and they responded that there will not be a problem because the promotion was extended till July 15th.

Hope everything is going to be fine, and as perfect as Disney's commercial!!
;)

Thanks to all of you who shared and helped me in my concerns!:wave:

It's still worth a try....how long are you going for & when 'cuz some of the other deals sometimes work out better.

I'm glad it's working out for the rest of you! As I said earlier, I got majorly(?) freak out trying to do this at the begininng of the promo and then eveything was fine....hmmmm it's almost makes me think that maybe the "dates" don't mean anything...hmmm maybe I should just not go down that path again
burn.gif
(don't get me started)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter