True beachfront hotels on CB?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I've looked at Shirley's thread, which was helpful, but am still having trouble pinning down a good true-beachfront hotel the day before our cruise.

The Ron Jon and Four Points Sheraton both look great, but don't appear to be real beachfront hotels. We stayed at the Hilton last year, and were unimpressed with the condition of the hotel and the on-site amenities, but it did have great beach access. The Resort on Cocoa Beach looked good, but it appears to be full on my desired date.

We're a family of five, kids age 3-11. A 1-bdrm suite would be great, but we can make do in a single room for one night. Any other suggestions for a good beachfront hotel? What about the Courtyard? Anywhere else?

Thanks much!

I've looked at Shirley's thread, which was helpful, but am still having trouble pinning down a good true-beachfront hotel the day before our cruise.

The Ron Jon and Four Points Sheraton both look great, but don't appear to be real beachfront hotels. We stayed at the Hilton last year, and were unimpressed with the condition of the hotel and the on-site amenities, but it did have great beach access. The Resort on Cocoa Beach looked good, but it appears to be full on my desired date.

We're a family of five, kids age 3-11. A 1-bdrm suite would be great, but we can make do in a single room for one night. Any other suggestions for a good beachfront hotel? What about the
Courtyard? Anywhere else?

Thanks much!

I can't help you with a beachfront hotel, but I was wondering if you could tell me more what disappointed you about the Hilton. We are planning to stay there just one night pre-cruise in a couple weeks.

It wasn't bad, but it just had the air of needing refurbishment. I don't know when it was built, but I had the impression that it was built in the late '80's/early 90's, and Hilton hasn't really bothered with keeping it up. Room service was awful, even for room-service food. It was almost as if Hilton's business model was: "You're on the beach and right near the port, so we really don't have to try hard with any of the other stuff".

Great beach access, but it didn't look like anyone was bothering to keep the beach clean either. Maybe that's not Hilton's responsibility, and maybe that's endemic to all of CB when a bunch of slobs descend the night before their cruise, so I don't know if I can fault Hilton for that.

In all, it'll do in a pinch, but there's a reason I'm searching for other options now.

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Ocean Front this past October and enjoyed our stay. Yes, like many Cocoa Beach hotels it is a bit older, but the room was comfortable, the beach access (and pier access) was awesome, and the breakfast was good! I would definitely stay there again. There are two La Quintas in CB...be sure you look up the one that says ocean front.

The Resort on Cocoa Beach will often show full when trying to book online, but if you call them directly they typically do have availability.

HTH!

FYI We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton last Sept. Internal Starbucks-great. Across from 24 hour huge Ron Jon also great. Hotel is older and stale. We thought it was on the ocean. No way. We took a long walk to see the ocean and I was scared. Won't stay there again.

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites on the beach....it was fine. got it on Priceline for $45.00 per night a few years ago.

It is run by Hilton. Nothing fancy at all but for one night it was fine.

MJ

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Ocean Front this past October and enjoyed our stay. Yes, like many Cocoa Beach hotels it is a bit older, but the room was comfortable, the beach access (and pier access) was awesome, and the breakfast was good! I would definitely stay there again. There are two La Quintas in CB...be sure you look up the one that says ocean front.

The Resort on Cocoa Beach will often show full when trying to book online, but if you call them directly they typically do have availability.

HTH!

:thumbsup2 Has my vote. Stayed at the La Quinta in July. Great beach front and decent, clean rooms.

Best Western is right at Cocoa Beach pier. Nothing fancy but clean and decent. Bare bones breakfast.

We stay at Four Points all the time and LOVE it's location! Ron Jon for shopping, resturant and Starbuck on site, and beach is 2 blocks away... easy walk (one block and then across the Cocoa Beach Parking lot, aross the bridge straight onto the beach) It was a great location with access to so much within a 5 minute walk!

I thought the Ron Jon was right on the beach. Am I wrong?:confused3

Ron Jon is on the beach, however there are two different buildings. One is right on the beach and the other is a bit farther back. The water park area separates the two buildings. There is a tram to take you from one to the other.

Best Western is right at Cocoa Beach pier. Nothing fancy but clean and decent. Bare bones breakfast.

I stayed at the Best Western last year too and it is just a decent hotel but just a short walk to the beach. We mostly wanted to stay there because they give you a 40% off voucher for parking right at the port!

I stayed at the Best Western last year too and it is just a decent hotel but just a short walk to the beach. We mostly wanted to stay there because they give you a 40% off voucher for parking right at the port!

We were looking into them for our October trip. Was the 40% off port parking a package, discount, promotion? We have a larger group and will need more than one vehicle left at port. TIA!

We were looking into them for our October trip. Was the 40% off port parking a package, discount, promotion? We have a larger group and will need more than one vehicle left at port. TIA!

Not a part of a package just a perk for staying there. A few other hotels have this too: The La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach (not La Quinta Inn and Suites Oceanfront), International Palms, and Days Inn Cocoa Beach. You might want to look on their website or call to verify just to be sure.
At the Best Western, just tell them when you check-in that you need one and that next morning when you check-out they'll give you the coupon and you present it to the pay booth when leaving the port after the cruise.

We enjoyed the DoubleTree before our cruise last October. Beach was clean and we walked around for hours. Hotel was nice and staff very friendly. Love the warm cookies at check in.

We also enjoyed the Doubletree. The oceanfront set up was very nice and the beach was very clean and quiet too. The room had a very large refrigerator!

Hmm. Well, I am a Hilton Honors member, so maybe I'll give the Doubletree a shot. Thanks, all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter