Truck Pride

All of you that pull a trailer with your truck, what make is it?

• Ford

• Toyota

• Chevy/GM

• Dodge

• Nissan

Results are only viewable after voting.
One of our favorite pasttimes when camping is when newbies arrive in a nearby site and try to back in. We rush outside and move our chairs so that we can watch the action. popcorn:: It's particularly interesting when it's a husband-and-wife team. Usually he's doing the backing and she's doing the spotting. You can tell alot about the strength of their relationship by watching them back in a big TT. :rotfl2:

Just kidding really. As the driver who backs in a pop-up, I tell my spotter (my 16-year old who is pretty good at communicating) just tell me if I'm lined up and then when trying to turn I think "opposites". Works for me. Good luck! Seriously, if I were there I'd help spot you. Don't worry about asking for help. Most Fort Fiends are the helpful type. :goodvibes

Bama ED

I put 1 kid at each corner, and the wife next to the passenger side. If I don't hear a scream, I'm good!

I agree with Bama, the more eyes the better. My kids are a big help, my 16 yo is the best, I can tell sometimes just by his expression on whats happening.

Please ignore the dirt and sludge on the truck and trailer... Went thru a horrific storm coming down from Canada. This was our stop in Nashville and it was approx -4C as you can tell by the frost on the grass... We had snow ball fights (with all the snow in the truck bed) in every rest area we stopped from Michigan down thru Georgia. Finally melted by the time we hit the Florida border... lol
2009-01-31_2.jpg

God, we are a bunch of rednecks. In less than 2 weeks this thread has almost 1700 hits. If you want a popular thread on this forum, just post one about trucks or beer.

did someone say golf carts. I like gas golf carts:)

How about a thread about gas golf carts being hauled by Ford trucks by a guy drinking beer?

DH has a 2001 Chevy 2500 HD diesel - just passed the 91000 miles mark. The only thing worn out is his leather armrest!

I pull mine with a Freightliner. I hope that counts as a truck. LOL

Nope that is called a "tractor" ... but it sure is a great TV.

Also the TV in my sig is not technically a "truck" but sure pulls like one and the inside secure storage space is great as is the MPG with that proven 7.3L diesel.

Based on my unscientific observations at the many CGs we have stayed at the almost 1/2 of the TVs being Ford reflected in this poll is fairly accurate. The other 4 --- Dodge, GM, Toyota, Nissan make up the other 50%. Also, just look around at the commercial trucks like utility, contractor, etc. and see what platform they are based on ... I have yet to see a commercial like power company or contractor type business (landscaping, etc.) with either a Nissan or Toyota truck. Also a few GMs, but almost no Dodges. That sort of tells me that the Fords are in fact built "FORD TOUGH" and just provide longer more cost effective service than other brands.

Larry

my old moho is ford powered. I pull my golf cart and throw my empty beer cans out the passenger window.

I also drive F-150, son drives Ranger and dw drives taurus, so i guess you can say we are ford people. Also i have a 55 F-100 with flat head v-8 that will pull a house down in low gear.

My 6.0 is dead. :mad:Updates to follow.

Sorry to hear that Tony, curious what it was that did it in? My father has a Ford 6.0 and his dealer keeps calling him telling him to trade it soon. It's a reliable dealer who has always been straight up and they have warned him that the year 6.0 he has won't hold up to the towing he does combined with all the highway miles for work. I think he has the 2006 right now. He gave his 2003 Excursion to my mother and that thing is still rolling along doing fine.

Our work diesel is one of those bullet proof 7.3 liters like Larry's. They don't want to trade it in because it works so well. One of our interns couldn't even kill it by filling it with gas and driving it back from Maine to Massachusetts. He said "It ran a little rough and seemed to be a little hot" when he pulled into the driveway. They put $5K into repairing that damage because it had been so reliable.

Diesel power magazine had a huge article a few months back about 6.0 fixes, Many effective, all costing large amounts of $$$$ but it can be done.

7.3's in vans are not all that uncommon, they built a ton of them as ambulances.

Guess I am the lone Nissan owner here, but I am a proud one. I love my Armada, and it has been a great tow vehicle for my Spree. I hope to see a few Titans or maybe another Armada pop up here though. I was glad to see a Sequoia owner...surprised not to see a few Expedition owners.

Well, what did in my 6.0 is a combination of things, mostly bad timing. On the last morning of our Oct. trip the truck didn't want to start as we were getting ready to hitch up. Turned over, but wouldn't fire, kinda like timing was off. It started, and we got home fine. It would start some times with no problem, then would take a few minutes with lots of smoke blowing, and rough running.
Diagnosis by Ford: need a new FICM. The fuel injection control module was bad. I have 70,000 miles on the truck, and a number of other expensive repairs are due any time. I am 3 weeks past the 5 year warranty, and Ford won't budge. FICM is $1200.00. I believe the starter is about to go to after the abuse I gave it with the bad FICM. :headache:

This happened just as I lost a major account, cutting our income drasticly.

Bottom line, I still owe on the truck, but have equity, though not much. So I have someone who will take it off my hands and repair and resell. I am just glad to walk away at this point.

I had been warned by my dealer, and many other Ford owners to get rid of the truck before 100,000 miles, and intended to do so. This just accelerated things.

So I scrapped up some cash and bought a '93 3/4 ton Suburban. It's old, but low miles for it's age, 118,000. Seems to run strong, many are going strong at 250,000 miles. It looks great sitting in the driveway, all paid for!:love: Besides, I was raised to be a Chevy man. :thumbsup2

We are seriously considering selling the travel trailer and scaling back in that area too. Our needs are changing since the kids are getting more independent, having jobs and lives of their own. Simplifying makes good sense now more than ever.

Rest assured however, this will not be affecting the frequency, or intensity ;)of the FW trips!!!! We will just be in a different rig! (Pictures to follow, of course;))

I have two, "02" gmc 3500 D-max and a "07" gmc 3500 D-max 98000 mi. and 3000 mi. respectivly pulling a cub 160 talk about over kill....I have to keep looking in the mirrors to see if the trailer is still on the truck!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter