Troubled Radiator Springs Racers To Be Closed For Repairs

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
I am so glad I got to ride RSR last October! But I am so bummed for everyone else!

This article was posted to the Orange County Register www.ocregister.com this morning:

Disney's New Radiator Springs Racers Ride Fails at the Starting Line - Ride To Be Closed For Repairs

Anaheim, California - The Walt Disney Company announced today that the new Radiator Springs Racers ride at their Disney California Adventure Park will be closed down for the remainder of 2013 for repairs. The ride debuted on June 15, 2012. While well received by the public, the ride's frequent shutdowns have been a source of frustration for guests as well as engineers and technicians.

Because of the troubles the ride has experienced, Disney Imagineering ordered a top to bottom review of the ride design. Inspectors found a flaw in the design of the ride's control system. Apparently the digital controller in the ride vehicles had an unanticipated feedback loop which led to frequent loss of communication with the ride operator's master control system.

Disney imagineering director Dr. Robert Hudson was optimistic that a solution will be found soon. "We are putting our top imagineers on this issue and are confident we know the root cause of the problem", said Dr. Hudson. "We will have a solution in the very near future. This control system flaw was not anticipated by the design team."

The control system was obtained from the respected Italian automotive company Fiat. Fiat chief engineer Luigi Ferrari was unavailable for comment. Ironically, he was not able to make it to a press conference on this issue because his car got a flat tire.

Some imagineers have spoken off the record about the troubled control system. Apparently there is a strong consensus to remove the current ride vehicles altogether. An early concept for the ride is being seriously re-considered. This concept involves using the Autopia vehicles from the nearby Disneyland park on the Radiator Springs Racers track. The governor on the engines will be changed to allow guests to drive the vehicles at speeds up to 50 miles per hour. This will allow true racing to take place among guests rather than the current imaginary racing.

This new concept excites some Disney guests. For example, respected Disney blogger Leighton McQueen thinks real auto racing will make the ride even more popular than before and is in full support of the change.

April 1, 2013
###​

Oh My! I was nearly in tears. I had read about half way before my eyes saw the date at the bottom!
It's past midday here in Australa. No fooling allowed!!

Someone can't wait. It's still March here in Socal. We got at least 30 minutes until April fools

dude thats just wrong, i'm going to Disneyland with the kids tomorrow, just got pumped about this ride today, totally got bit :-)

oh my goodness, I was actually gasping to myself reading the article and if it hadn't been for the next post reminding about April Fools I totally would have believed it. Well played.

:lmao::rotfl2:

I was so upset about this for a minute, then was thinking, hang on, it's april fools day, please let this be a joke :rotfl2:

Good one :thumbsup2

Oh hydro, you are EVIL. I was feeling just horrible for everyone out there! And then it dawned on me as I read that second paragraph....

And I just read the REST of the article.....bwa ha ha ha.....

You had me until I saw the "respected Disney Blogger"'s name. Almost sent an email to DH over it. I guess that's what I get for being online at 1a.m.

Lana :)

You had me until I saw the "respected Disney Blogger"'s name. Almost sent an email to DH over it. I guess that's what I get for being online at 1a.m.

Lana :)

It was Luigi Ferrari that gave it away to me. But it was still brutal. No more DISboards for me today. I couldn't take anything else like this. :)

i'm just surprised no one has mentioned/picked up the fact that doc hudson was mentioned, fiat, luigi and ferrari are mentioned, not to mention 'leighton mcqueen' -- hello... it's pretty obvious this is a prank :) :thumbsup2

That is so WRONG lol...do you know how upset I'd be after already purchasing our tickets to CA from OH? That's the main reason we are going back to Disneyland since it opened a month after we were there ...

Holy Radiators.. :scared1:thanks for the heart attack. we leave next Tuesday for our trip, and I was about to wake my 8yr old son up so we could go postal on Disney..!!! :rotfl2:

i'm just surprised no one has mentioned/picked up the fact that doc hudson was mentioned, fiat, luigi and ferrari are mentioned, not to mention 'leighton mcqueen' -- hello... it's pretty obvious this is a prank :) :thumbsup2

Yes Alicia, but when you're booked to be there in the next couple of months, and you can't think of anything else, the panic sets in within the first paragraph! No time to read the rest.

I did enjoy reading it all though, once I realized it was a joke.

Half way through the first sentence and I'm thinking, "what?!?! Oh, wait, ugh, yeah, no - it's the first, isn't it?" An "A" for creativity, but I've never busted you in the first sentence before! Hehehe

The "remainder of 2013" was a bit much ... and yet, Big Thunder's current closure could have easily passed as a joke given it's length and inclusion of Spring Break season, as well as Space Mountain's upcoming closure throughout the entire summer, so one never really does know, huh?

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter