Trouble w/dining ressies ??

Does it have anything to do with Travel Agents?

Maybe it's that question, have you been to Disney World before? when calling in.

Too many posibilities

Maybe priority for those with Disney Visa OR perhaps based on when you book/when you pay off your trip??

Hi there a few years go when we visited Disney, we were able to print out a pocket addition of the participating disney dining restaurants, does anyone know how to get that? It was so handy to have, and would love to get one again for this upcoming trip next week, any help would be much appreciated.:confused3 5 days until Disney arrival!! Help:worship:

Very good points folks. There has to be a common thread between those who get their requests and those who don't. We just have to find it. What specific questions do they ask when you call for ADRs? I can't remember.

I am going in December( 12-18) and I better not have issues..I am looking for all earliest dinners( 1st available ) on Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Narcossees,Candlelight Proc. Pkg at Les Chefs, and Cape May Cafe ...these are not incredibly difficult to get usually ,well maybe the CP pkg depending on whose narrating....Why would they be moreso now since the dining upgrade? I wish RustyScupper would spill the beans already....

Awesome, now you all have me COMPLETELY freaked out. Most of my ADRs are ok to be whenever within a 2 hour difference but some of the really need to be around the time they are.

I don't really want to go to CRT or Donald's Safari Breakfast if it's after 8:30AM, I don't want to go to go to CM's if it's not breakfast.

There are restaurants that I really want to be the first seating because I know how crazy they can get.

Narcoossee's has to be on our last night because it's tradition.

I need Sanaa to be on the 26th for a late lunch because it's going to be my Expedition Everest Challenge fuel and we're staying at AKL for that night.

Only time will tell. I'd appreciate not having to wake up and call at 4AM more than I have to but I'll do it if it's necessary. I guess I'll just have to have some back ups.

Anyone know where I can bribe someone?

I didn't have an issue with getting any of my ADR's. All within a half hour or so of my initial time. Now that being said all but one of mine were Signature restaurants so I don't know if that made any difference. But you're also going at a slower time so that should help.

Does it have anything to do with Travel Agents?

Maybe it's that question, have you been to Disney World before? when calling in.

Too many posibilities

Maybe during free dining they are trying to get people into the restaurants who have to pay cash money.:confused3 It makes sense. Give people the free DDP, but give those who didn't/opted not to get it the ADR's. This way Disney makes money on people who stay at the resorts SPECIFICALLY for free dining, but they make money on the people in the eateries for those that do not have the free DDP. If people on the free DDP can't get TS, then they are forced to go to cheaper CS. Disney makes out on ALL points.

Glad I am not doing the dining plan this year, if this theory could even POSSIBLY be true. :cutie:

Maybe during free dining they are trying to get people into the restaurants who have to pay cash money.:confused3 It makes sense. Give people the free DDP, but give those who didn't/opted not to get it the ADR's. This way Disney makes money on people who stay at the resorts SPECIFICALLY for free dining, but they make money on the people in the eateries for those that do not have the free DDP. If people on the free DDP can't get TS, then they are forced to go to cheaper CS. Disney makes out on ALL points.

Glad I am not doing the dining plan this year, if this theory could even POSSIBLY be true. :cutie:

FWIW I am going during free dining and I'm paying cash, and I still couldn't get the night I wanted for Chef Mickey except for some ridiculously late time, and couldn't get CRT before 9:05am (wanted 8am, before park opening). Got the others for the meals I wanted, but usually 1/2 hr off from what I asked for. I'm not complaining at all... but I don't feel like I got any preferential treatment. (I did not try for Ohana, and I did a lunch at LeCellier not a dinner)

It IS harder to get dining lately, that is true. Some of the hardest to book are Fantasmic Dinner Packages and Le Cellier. But you have to look at some of the reasons for this. Fantasmic is typically down to 3 nights a week, that many less chances to see it, and that many more people wanting the convenience of the package. Le Cellier is a small extremely popular restaurant, size is a HUGE factor here.

Guests with longer reservations have a HUGE advantage over people taking a shorter trip, which really sucks. No way around it I can think of, but it does suck.

The new system has ALOT of problems that Disney is doing their best to fix. There are some good tips in this thread from people have been successful. I personally do not think the entire inventory for all of the restaurants is being loaded into the system, or maybe it's another issue they have found yet, as some places that should not go so fast (someone mentioned Crystal Palace) are often gone. So, as mentioned, be persistent, and please do not let not getting a reservation at one particular restaurant ruin your trip, you are after all going to Disney. Try something new, you might be surprised! Good luck everyone.

If I wasn't staying for the length of time. I would have definitely had a problem.
I got what I wanted at the end of my vacay.

I have been furious about this problem. I am staying at BCV 8/17-8/25.Called at 90 days spent 45 min on phone with DVC member services and was only able to make 2 ADR. Called back 3 days later and spent 40 min on phone , was told 6 restaurants in a row were totally unavailable . Asked for a supervisor and she explained that they were booked . Some of these were not top restaurants!!! Last week I stayed at OKW for anniversary and while at Le Cellier tried to get ADR for August and was told by manager that new system was overbooking by 100 a night at times and that my whole stay is unavailable for lunch or dinner. As DVc members we do not get free dining so you would think they would give us preference in hopes of making more money. I called a couple of days ago and made some ADRs for lunches instead of dinners but could not get anything for Fri 8/23 at all , even if we split tables.I have had DVC since 1995 and have never had a problem like this!!! One of my 6 children is autistic so we try to have every meal planned out to make it easier for him and to plan what we are doing each day and where we will be.

I have been furious about this problem. I am staying at BCV 8/17-8/25.Called at 90 days spent 45 min on phone with DVC member services and was only able to make 2 ADR. Called back 3 days later and spent 40 min on phone , was told 6 restaurants in a row were totally unavailable . Asked for a supervisor and she explained that they were booked . Some of these were not top restaurants!!! Last week I stayed at OKW for anniversary and while at Le Cellier tried to get ADR for August and was told by manager that new system was overbooking by 100 a night at times and that my whole stay is unavailable for lunch or dinner. As DVc members we do not get free dining so you would think they would give us preference in hopes of making more money. I called a couple of days ago and made some ADRs for lunches instead of dinners but could not get anything for Fri 8/23 at all , even if we split tables.I have had DVC since 1995 and have never had a problem like this!!! One of my 6 children is autistic so we try to have every meal planned out to make it easier for him and to plan what we are doing each day and where we will be.
We are DVC Members too. I think you may have experienced what you did because you called Member Services instead of 407-WDW-DINE. Member services opens at 9am and WDW-DINE opens at 7am. So already people have a 2 hour jump on you. I never call MS unless i'm making an ADR for an not-so-popular restaurant.

I don't think they will ever "block off" tables for DVC. Restaurants are first-come first-serve and they fill the tables no matter what. There is no need for them to make any changes.

Isn't it possible that free dining is simply causing more people to make ADRs and therefore causing everything to book up? People who previously may not have given any thought to restaurants or even eaten TS are probably now researching and planning ahead to see what they can do with their points. Just a thought! ;)

Isn't it possible that free dining is simply causing more people to make ADRs and therefore causing everything to book up? People who previously may not have given any thought to restaurants or even eaten TS are probably now researching and planning ahead to see what they can do with their points. Just a thought! ;)
I think that's exactly the reason why it's tougher to get ADR's. This pretty much coencided with the release of the new system which may be why people are thinkging the new system has bias or is flawed.

I've been free dining since 2005 and have Never had a problem booking. I personally think that it is the 90 day mark booking. Somehow, at 180 EVERYONE doesn't feel the pressure to book on their 1st day. I'd think that less people are booking this year than last year yet it is WAY more difficult to book this year.

Having said that, I called back, spoke to very accommodating CM's and miraculously was able to book everything including Fantasmic dinner that was not available on my 90 day 1st day but is available now (even though the hours are not yet posted.) I am certain that it is the new system. The CM admitted that it was, including that it was ridiculous to expect vacationers to plan their stay without the calendar posted.

Keep trying everyone. Ask to speak to someone in customer relations if you have to. Pixie Dust to all.

I really didn't have a problem with my reservations - the only thing I have had a problem with is getting certain restaurants on certain days. For example, I would love to have O'hana on 9/4 for dinner, but I haven't been able to get it; I also would like Chef Mickeys or Le Cellier on 9/2 and haven't been able to book it. Below is what I have and all of these are dinners between 5:15 and 7 p.m. for 3 adults & 1 infant. I have only one breakfast during our stay.

8/29 O'hana
8/30 50's Prime Time
8/31 O'hana
9/1 Crystal Palace
9/2 Boma
9/3 1900 Park Fare
9/4 Maya Grill
9/5 Le Cellier
9/6 Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)

Not too bad, I have 2 O'hanas because of different family members eating with us, I have Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickey's; so I feel pretty confident!

FWIW I am going during free dining and I'm paying cash, and I still couldn't get the night I wanted for Chef Mickey except for some ridiculously late time, and couldn't get CRT before 9:05am (wanted 8am, before park opening). Got the others for the meals I wanted, but usually 1/2 hr off from what I asked for. I'm not complaining at all... but I don't feel like I got any preferential treatment. (I did not try for Ohana, and I did a lunch at LeCellier not a dinner)

Well, there went MY theory :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter