• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trouble loading 10/29 Roundtable off of iTunes

ChoirBoy

Earning My Ears
It's 6:17 AM, and I can see there is a podcast for today, both on the website and on iTunes. But when I click to download it (from iTunes) it brings up a box, asking me for my www.wdwinfo.com username and password.
If I give them to it, it just brings up the box again and again and again.
If I don't, and I exit out of the box, it stops the download altogether.

Help? Is anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Yes I am seeing the same error. Somehow authentication got turned on for their server that hosts the show. It doesn't work off the website either. The sysadmin will have to correct it, I don't think there is anything we can do.

we have to wait for someone to wake up and fix the show... at least I can still listen to repeats of Rush Limbaugh

What is also odd is that the description of the new show is identical to last week, but the length of show is different, obviously implying a different show. Weird.

I noticed the show description was the same as last week's but I was able to pull down the show fine

Strange indeed - I'm sure they won't mind giving us the password to download the show we won't share with anyone :rolleyes1

I just attempted to listen via the web and the recording sounded like (for those who remember) a 45 rpm record being played at 78 rpm. Alvin and the Chipmunks on speed!

Oh well ...

I experienced the same thing this morning and came right here to make sure it wasn't me!

Just think, it will be all the sweeter to listen to since we've had to wait! :)

I experienced the same thing this morning and came right here to make sure it wasn't me!

Just think, it will be all the sweeter to listen to since we've had to wait! :)

What a great "cup half full" approach to this!! Me - I am just grumpy about the whole darn thing! I am supposed to be studying for an actuarial exam and I keep convincing myself if I wait five more minutes, I will be able to download the show and listen to it while at the library!

it won't let me download either...

and i'm about to leave for the gym...
i was hoping to get it onto my ipod before then...

but i still have zillions of old ones i haven't heard yet, so i'll still get to listen to the team as i torture myself on the elliptical trainer....

Someone help us! :badpc: I cannot take it!
willy.gif
willy.gif
willy.gif

Thanks for the smilie J/Kim :thumbsup2

It did the same thing to me! That is the first time I have ever seen that on iTunes in the four years I've had it.

I found this on another message forum. It fixes the pop up, but the show still will not load.

1. In the Firefox URL bar, type in: about:config
2. In the filter bar, type ntlm
3. You'll see 2 items:
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris

Make sure that the allow-proxies boolean value is true (this is the default)
Then to trusted-uris, enter .wdwinfo.com (by double clicking the entry)

Is anyone listening from the "listen now" button? The podcast crew sounds like a bunch of chipmunks. It's actually funny, a little annoying, but funny. :)

I woke up this morning and it was working fine. iTunes had already downloaded the Roundtable discussion and was in the process of downloading the Emails segment.

Thanks to whoever fixed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter