Trouble Getting Suites in 2006?

Has anyone gotten a Cat 3 for the 7/1/06 cruise? I faxed my request in on 3/3/04. When I called DCL I reserved a Cat 4 and wait listed the 3 plus I had them charge me the Cat 3 deposit amount.

Originally posted by Hieatt
Just got off the phone with the supervisor. She said that the hurricanes have them behind and that they are only through July 2006 on fulfilling faxed requests. She said they hoped to be done by the end of this week.

Hmmmm, I was just told today by DCL rep that they haven't even gotten through July 2006. I was told to call back Saturday (Oct. 2) to find out if my request had been granted -- no probem because I call daily anyway :rolleyes: -- can you tell I'm a bit anxious? When I did call DCL rep couldn't give me any information other than "Inventory Control is working on it." I wonder what's really going on :confused:

You can put me in the same category as you guys! We're waiting for September, 2006 with no luck in getting any answers.

I've heard that they're through July as well and are 'working on it'.

My original request was put in back in 2003, so hopefully they haven't lost it! :(

Please post if and when you get a call or when you call and find that it's opened up!!!

Originally posted by cotomom
You can put me in the same category as you guys! We're waiting for September, 2006 with no luck in getting any answers.
....Please post if and when you get a call or when you call and find that it's opened up!!!

I'll definitely post once I hear something. I won't count on DCL calling me. From my previous experiences, I'll call daily until I hear. :)

DCL left a message last night indicating I got the Walt Suite for the 10/14/2006 7 Night Sailing. I called them back today - price per adult was $4,387.78, per child $947.78 (for 8 and 6 year old) and $932.78 (for 3 and 4 year old). Grand total: $12,536.68 cruise only.:earseek:

This seems unreasonably high for a mid-October sailing, even for a suite - I was estimating around $10,000, so I am thinking we probably won't do this. Two category 6 verandah rooms would be half the price - around $6700. I was ready for a splurge, but this is probably more than I can stomach.

We have until Oct. 16 to decide, but if anyone is on the waitlist for this one, don't lose hope - you might just get it - the question is, do you want it???!!!

Hmmm.... I got an email from cust. service this morning saying that suites were available to book for Fall 2006. "Just contact my TA or reservations".

Hieatt,

Have you considered only booking two people in the Cat.1 room, and booking the rest of people in a Cat. 11 or Cat. 12 room? It may save you some $$ that way. When you're on board, everyone can still stay in the Cat. 1 room, and you don't actually have to go to the extra room.

Just a thought.

Ling

We had asked our TA to put us on the wait list for a suite for the end of June or 4th of July week. Got a call 2 days ago we could have cat 3 for July 1 or the roy suite for June 24. We took the cat 1--hope someone here got our cat 3 for July 1. We have been on the waitlist for a while now!! I was so excited. So many people fax and waitlist you just never know. Now I have 2 years to wait. We are cruising next summer on RCL because of the repositioning and I can't get excited about that. Now I have 2006 to look to.
Beth

Hi all
Does anyone know when inventory control will start accepting requests for suites for 2007?

Thanks

Originally posted by DVCLady
has called back for October 14, 2006 sailing. We got a category 3. Has anyone else been called?

DCL never called us to say we'd gotten the Cat. 2 for our back-to-back cruises. As has been our previous experience with DCL, we had to call them.

But question is WHY do they hold them in the first place? If people want to book it let them...why do they hold these suites for later??

They supposedly hold them because there is an up to 2 year waiting list of people who want only these rooms.
After numerous calls, we were able to get a Cat 3 for 08/26/06, although not exactly the one i wanted, 8046 under the Goofy pool. Hopefully after numerous more calls we can get a better location.
Kbut

We got a call last week for our CAT3 waitlist and turned it down. I hope someone on the DIS who was waiting for it got a nice surprise! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter