• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trouble Getting Suites in 2006?

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Last night we wanted to book a CAT3 for our Anniversary cruise October 2006. Well, the CM said they hadn't released the suites for that time period in 2006. It seemed strange to me. We have a CAT4 for now and were put on 'waitlist' for a CAT3 when they're released. Hopefully there is nobody else waiting for the same stateroom we requested.

Did anyone else have this trouble?

Someone posted this on an earlier thread. Many experienced cruisers are aware that you can fax in a suite request to inventory control at DCL. I've had mine in for almost 6 months now for Christimas 2006. They will place a hold on the suites until inventory control has a chance to go through their requests and once that's done, the remainder will be released for booking.

Hope that helps,
Tammi

Yes it does...I must have missed that thread.

Thanks for the info. We have our hold on 8522 for October 14, 2006.
:sunny:

We were in the suite across the hall, 8022, on our May cruise. It was a great spot, I hardly heard any noise. For our January trip, we were able to get one of the mid-ship category 3's. I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference in the layout.

Tammi

Originally posted by TammiMcMan
We were in the suite across the hall, 8022, on our May cruise. It was a great spot, I hardly heard any noise. For our January trip, we were able to get one of the mid-ship category 3's. I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference in the layout.

Tammi

Yeah! That's great to hear!
:sunny:

Originally posted by TammiMcMan
....They will place a hold on the suites until inventory control has a chance to go through their requests and once that's done, the remainder will be released for booking.....

Hmmmm, you would think DCL would have this taken care of before releasing the dates. This is what they did when they released 2004 dates in December 2002.

Yes, I faxed inventory control to request Cat. 1 Stateroom 8030 some time ago for the same Oct. 14 cruise (which I am excited to hear is the new special Western itinerary). I spoke to DCL today and they said they are still going through fax requests and they should be calling people in the next day or so. When I talked to them yesterday morning, they said they had gotten through April, so it shouldn't be much longer.

My ta said yesterday disney had not honored the faxed requests for the suites. I wanted one of the larger cat 3 suites but that did not happen. We were placed in 8546 and are waitlisted for any of the other 4. I was a little disapointed but hey we are still going.
This is for the May 21, 4 day cruise.

Sounds like we'd better fax in our request for 2009 right away! :teeth:

We're happy with the CAT4 we currently have reserved but would be very thrilled to get the CAT3 we requested!

Originally posted by Hieatt
.....I spoke to DCL today and they said they are still going through fax requests and they should be calling people in the next day or so. When I talked to them yesterday morning, they said they had gotten through April, so it shouldn't be much longer.

Speaking from experience, I wouldn't count on Disney calling to say you got your request. I've found it easier to call them. HTH

TootyJane, believe me, I will be calling every morning and afternoon to check - I do not trust them to call me.

Torismom, DCL has assured each time I have called yesterday and today (4 times) that they are honoring faxes, which is why suites for the later 2006 dates are still blocked out. Now, it wouldn't be the first time that agents didn't know the real story, but the consistency of their answer each time gives me some reassurance.

I agree with another poster - you would think that they would have started going through the requests prior to yesterday.

Hieatt
Thank you for your reply. I wonder what they would do now in my case. Since, my ta already booked us into a cat 3 just not the one of the 4 I wanted. :) LOL
I know a request in not guaranteed and etc.

I wonder if dcl would even notice or switch them or if they would do anything since I am booked in a room.

Things to ponder.

torismom, had you faxed in a request? If so, then possibly there were others ahead of you that also requested one of the mid-ship cat 3's. There are only 4 of them, so it wouldn't take a lot of faxes to fill those right up. DCL would then assign you another stateroom, but you can always remain on the waitlist and see if there are any cancellations.

I faxed in a request for a specific cabin for the Feb Eastern.

DCL apparently goofed and booked me into a Cat 1..

That would have been nice.. but there is no way I can afford that!

Anyone book a suite for the second half of 2006 yet? DCL can't seem to tell me anything about my fax to inventory control in February requesting a Cat. 1 room for the Oct. 14 7 night sailing... I am on hold with a supervisor - she doesn't seem to know what is going on with suites in the latter part of 2006.

Originally posted by Hieatt
Anyone book a suite for the second half of 2006 yet? DCL can't seem to tell me anything about my fax to inventory control in February requesting a Cat. 1 room for the Oct. 14 7 night sailing... I am on hold with a supervisor - she doesn't seem to know what is going on with suites in the latter part of 2006.
I haven't received a call yet for our CAT3 request for the October 14th sailing. :(

Just got off the phone with the supervisor. She said that the hurricanes have them behind and that they are only through July 2006 on fulfilling faxed requests. She said they hoped to be done by the end of this week.

I also called trying to book a Cat3 for August 2006. I was told that the wait list for categories 1 - 3 can be up to 2 years long, and that they would not release the rooms to the public until the wait list is contacted first. So, I booked a Cat4, and got on the wait list for the 3.

On another note, can anyone recommend a specific Cat3 room, or any to avoid and why?

Thanks
Kbut

Originally posted by kbut
So, I booked a Cat4, and got on the wait list for the 3.

That's exactly what we did. We are in 8524 right now, but have 8522 on hold. We'll see what happens.

On another note, can anyone recommend a specific Cat3 room, or any to avoid and why?

Thanks
Kbut
If you check on dcltribute.com, there are a few cabins on deck 8 that are listed as 'noisy' because of their location underneath the pools. The CMs set up the pool chairs pretty early in the morning and you can hear them dragging them across the deck above you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter