trouble deciding when to start fast passes

sitkamom

Mouseketeer
First time scheduling fast passes and my window opens tonight at midnight. What time do you all typically try to schedule start times for your fast passes? It's just my husband and I and we don't have any lunch reservations and no early dinners planned. Crowds are expected to be high, its Mar. 17-23. We will do most rope drops and stay into evening but not especially late. Any suggestions?

Because you are doing rope drop, you can choose your FPs to begin at 10 or 11 depending on which time the park opens.

You won't really need any until about 10:00. For Magic Kingdom, you might want something like 10-11, 11-12, 12-1, because there is a good chance of getting 4th, 5th FPs for rides where the FP could actually save you some significant time in line.

For the other 3 parks, chances of a useful 4th Fast Pass are pretty slim, so you could set up your FPs for later. The hours between 1:00 and 5:00 will be when lines are the most horrendous, so during the afternoon hours you either want to be using FPs, watching shows, shopping, swimming, or napping.

At Epcot, the only really useful FP is for Test Track (with Soarin closed), and I'd recommend doing it before 11:00 when World Showcase opens because there's no way you want to trek all the way back to Test Track (or any other Future World attraction) while you're doing the long, long, walk through World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter