• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropicana

Sorcerer Jody

Mouseketeer
For my January trip, I can get a better rate at the Tropicana than Best Western Park Place (where I have stayed before and liked) - is it as nice? How much farther of a walk? Cleanliness is my main concern - is it clean? Thank you!

We have stayed there once, and it was just fine. The walk is almost the same, maybe and extra 100 feet? We are going to stay there again in a week. It is not fancy, but clean, and the staff was great. Don't count on the free breakfast for much more than stale donuts. If you want cereal, or milk they will charge you for it, but that in not why we stay there. We just need a clean quiet place to lay down between assaults on the parks!

Tropicana Inn & Suites no longer offers a free breakfast. We will be staying there in December and I see that they do have a little store on-site (The Cove) that sells breakfast items along with other things you may need. I'm very excited about trying it for the first time!

We enjoyed our stay at the Tropicana. The room was a decent size for two adults and 2 children. The walk is just about the same as BWPPI, just a tiny bit past it.

The beds were good and the rooms were clean. Not top of the line by any stretch, but that's not why you stay. You stay because it's cheap and it's a few yards from the crosswalk to DL. I would have no problem staying here again if I had just two kids. With three, it's a tad cramped.

The Cove is really nice to have there. Full coffee bar in the morning, convenience store for night. It's annoying there's no continental breakfast anymore, but a lot of these motels are going that direction. The staff is nice and the rooms are basically the same as any of the good neighbors (I honestly can't ever remember which room was which motel and I've stayed at most of them).

Room was clean, outdated but who cares? Distance to park is amazing! Such a short walk! The little store is great, fresh pastries, good coffee and a little store with lots of Disney stuff. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

We stayed at the Tropicana this September 12-17 for the first time when our go to place, Best Western Park Place, was sold out of the king-bed rooms. Tropicana offered a discount for staying five or more nights, which ended up being less than Best Western even with their AAA discount by about $8 a night. Our rooms were at the very front of the hotel, which made for a shorter walk than Best Western where we usually ended up at the back of the property. We had two rooms. My son's room was clean but definitely outdated. My room, however, seemed more like a prototype for a possible refurbishment project. Nice dark wood furniture with clean lines, new carpet, a small tiled foyer with a table holding the coffee maker & supplies/ice bucket, an actual closet with doors, built-in shelves with the safe, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had a vanity with the same dark wood with shelves underneath, granite counter-tops, and a glass walled shower (no tub). There was a large flat screen TV with HD channels, unlike many hotels that still have standard-def channels resulting in a really grainy picture. Our rooms were on the 3rd floor and I had a perfect view of the fireworks every night. The Cove market was directly downstairs from us and super handy although expensive. The lack of breakfast didn't bother us because we prefer to visit the DTD Starbucks in the mornings. We rarely took advantage of the breakfast at Best Western when we stayed there. Really, our only complaint was with the in-room coffee, which was awful. We made one pot, each took a sip and tossed it. Next time we'll just bring a few VIA packets along. Overall, the price was reasonable, the rooms clean and comfortable and the location can't be beat.

Hi,

My family has stayed at Tropicana. It is a nice hotel for a one that is not a Disney owned hotel. The one warning I give is the rooms we got were small. However, if you plan on just showering and sleeping there you will be fine. The hotel is pretty clean. I would stay there again.

For my January trip, I can get a better rate at the Tropicana than Best Western Park Place (where I have stayed before and liked) - is it as nice? How much farther of a walk? Cleanliness is my main concern - is it clean? Thank you!
It's about a 5-8 min walk from the Tropicana to the turnstiles. We've stayed there 2x before, and have another trip planned there next month. We've always found it to be clean and well maintained. I'd recommend staying there, definitely.

We like the tropicana. It has been clean, friendly and great location. And the Cove was great for a morning coffee .

We stay at their sister property, the Camelot Inn. We love the Camelot for an affordable, close, and clean hotel. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy. They have down feather pillows which we LOVE. The rooms are pretty decently sized as well.

We did like to stop at the Cove. Nice, convenient store that had most anything that you may need or forgot to pack.

What does The Cove offer that would be quick for breakfast? We are staying there next weekend, and will need breakfast before going into the parks on Saturday.

When we stayed at the Tropicana in September, they were removing all the furniture and steam cleaning the carpets in all of the rooms, which was good to see! If I recall correctly, The Cove had an espresso stand in the back and the store sold pieces of fruit, pastries, and individual bowls of cereal for breakfast. There is also an IHOP on Harbor, which might satisfy someone's pancake craving! In fact, if anyone has a birthday during the trip, you can sign up for their online club and get a coupon for a free stack of pancakes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter