Tropical threat?? Leaving in 9 days...

My friends in Orlando made it through the night relatively well. One didn't lose power or internet and no apparent flooding right around them. The other couple lost internet but not power and minor screen damage to their pool area. Tree damage minimal considering the winds.
Same for my friends near Sea World. Minimal flooding in the yard, no loss of power or internet and a few tree limbs down but no damage.

Makes sense that cast members are apparently being told parks will be closed tomorrow.

(Nothing official, could def. end up not being true)
I won't be surprised but hoping they are able to open back up soon! I am scheduled to be flying in tomorrow, but still 50/50 on if my flight actually happens.

At Contemporary these were the food options today

Chef Mickey's Breakfast $15 Adults $10 Kids all the normal food just no characters. They were also open for buffet dinner but I didn't catch the prices.

Contempo Cafe was open with regular food and some hurricane meals.

Steakhouse 71 was open with a smaller menu mobile pickup only.

Steakhouse 71 and Outer Rim bars open.

Fantasia Market was pretty well stocked with food and alcohol.
That’s where we should have been today! Sounds much better than what was available in 2016/2017. Stay safe and keep us updated!

Here's the schedule for today. Similar dining options available as well.

Attachments

• 20220929_110626.jpg
    20220929_110626.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220929_110549.jpg
    20220929_110549.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220929_110507.jpg
    20220929_110507.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 55
I won't be surprised but hoping they are able to open back up soon! I am scheduled to be flying in tomorrow, but still 50/50 on if my flight actually happens.

Our flight supposed to come in at 10PM tomorrow. I guess the question is will Disney be ready for us if the flight actually happens. Don't want to be where we aren't wanted for sure.

The risk of flooding that I was most worried about seems to have materialized. The area was already so saturated.

Makes sense that cast members are apparently being told parks will be closed tomorrow.

(Nothing official, could def. end up not being true)
Appears that the theme parks are opening tomorrow. The openings will be staggered

Park reservations are required and new reservations have only reopened for Resort Hotel guests. All dining reservations and Enchanted Extra prior to Early Theme Park Entry times will be cancelled, and guests with existing reservations during Early Theme Park Entry will be able to enter even if they are not a resort guest.

The Magic Kingdom will open to Early Theme Park Entry from 8:00a.m., and be open from 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. for regular guests. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place as scheduled from 7:00p.m. to 12:00a.m.

EPCOT will open to Early Theme Park Entry at 9:00a.m., and for all guests from 11:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. Guests will still be able to apply for the Virtual Queue to Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind from 7:00a.m. as usual.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 10:00a.m. for Early Theme Park Entry, and from 12:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. for all guests.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open for Early Theme Park Entry at 11:00a.m., and from 1:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. for general guests.

Disney Springs will be open from 10:30a.m. to 11:00p.m.

Fantasia Fairways Mini-Golf will be open from 3:30p.m. to 10:00p.m.

The risk of flooding that I was most worried about seems to have materialized. The area was already so saturated.
From what my friends say over by Universal had more impact

Hulk has a good part of it submerged by the launch point (not sure the status of it right now) and Jurassic Park River Adventure is damaged with part of the building on the side exposed with metal support beams (couldn't speculate on that but that one IMO would be more of a repair/time needed to repair situation).

This is the screenshot the friends saw on FB that they shared with us this morning

1664497297231.png

Keep in mind though that the launch point and parts of Hulk are over water to begin with so not entirely unexpected with the heavy rain and the amount of rain they got

Hey Everyone, we were going to come but decided to move our trip to December. I called Disney about our park tickets and the CM said to cancel them under my disney experience. She said dont panic, i can call back and reserve them for December. We will not "lose the tickets". I worried. Has anyone else been told the same?

Hey Everyone, we were going to come but decided to move our trip to December. I called Disney about our park tickets and the CM said to cancel them under my disney experience. She said dont panic, i can call back and reserve them for December. We will not "lose the tickets". I worried. Has anyone else been told the same?
Well, that's kind of an odd way of saying it. I don't believe you can "cancel" tickets in MDE. You may be able to change the date - and be aware if your new dates cost more you will be charged the difference. You will also need to make new theme park reservations, those won't shift with your ticket date change.

1664502666126.png

Well, that's kind of an odd way of saying it. I don't believe you can "cancel" tickets in MDE. You may be able to change the date - and be aware if your new dates cost more you will be charged the difference. You will also need to make new theme park reservations, those won't shift with your ticket date change.
its very weird. When i go to modify it, this is the message that i get. So she told me to cancel...I'm afraid to do that lol

View attachment 706626

its very weird. When i go to modify it, this is the message that i get. So she told me to cancel...I'm afraid to do that lol
Are you trying to change the actual ticket dates? Or just the theme park reservation? Above is for the theme park reservations and limits you to the dates your tickets are valid -- which is based on the ticket start date and length of ticket.

If you want to go in December, you will need to actually change the ticket dates. I suspect you will need to call to do this. Sorry you received some poor information from the CM you spoke to earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter