Tropical Storm Ophelia

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Good morning all. Anyone have any news on TS Ophelia passing through Nassau this week? I just heard it's not too strong but was wondering if anyone from the southern states heard more comprehensive coverage -we don't get too much here in NJ. We sail Sept. 29th and we have our fingers crossed!

I was just on the National Hurricane Centre's website and it says it is a Tropical Storm still right now and it should hit Puerto Rico on Monday at 2 am

We sail on October 2nd and was really hoping that there would be no hurricanes or tropical storms to worry about, guess that was asking too much.

Keep checking here and it'll keep you updated http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

I'm sailing this Sunday (Sept. 25th) and I'm watching this system like a hawk! Not to mention the other 2 that have the potential to form. Tuesday is our CC day and I'm just hoping that Ophelia does not impact that in any way.

I was just on the National Hurricane Centre's website and it says it is a Tropical Storm still right now and it should hit Puerto Rico on Monday at 2 am

We sail on October 2nd and was really hoping that there would be no hurricanes or tropical storms to worry about, guess that was asking too much.

Keep checking here and it'll keep you updated http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

We're on the same sailing as you Oct 2 :thumbsup2 We are hoping and praying the weather holds also this will be our first ever cruise.

We're also on the Oct 2 cruise. The Weather Channel thinks it will turn up north before we sail, so let's hope they are right. It just makes our anticipation more exciting, don't you think?! (or not!)

Dk

I have been checking NOAA every few hours. Things look good. Looks like she will track north and miss the Bahamas as of right now.

I have been checking NOAA every few hours. Things look good. Looks like she will track north and miss the Bahamas as of right now.

That's what weather underground is saying too. Looks like it will stay west and swing north!:goodvibes

I'm sailing this Sunday (Sept. 25th) and I'm watching this system like a hawk! Not to mention the other 2 that have the potential to form. Tuesday is our CC day and I'm just hoping that Ophelia does not impact that in any way.

I am on the same cruise and I have been watching it too.

This is a good link...
http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker

I am worried about the Nassua day. My 2 dd's are so looking forward to our excursion (Dolphin encounter).

Do you think this is going to make for a rough trip on the ship??

This is a good link...
www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker

I am worried about the Nassua day. My 2 dd's are so looking forward to our excursion (Dolphin encounter).

This is a good link...
www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker

I think the storm is going to stay far enough east that it won't be a problem. I think seas should be fine. We may get some rain, but I'm sure it will be like Florida, quick downpoor and 20 mins later everything is fine. I'm just glad this thing is staying east and swining north early!

We are on the same sailing. The DH is nervous and I am just hoping we have good sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter