Tropical Storm Lilly

Denine

I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny
Where will the Magic be? It is supposed to be around St. Thomas on Wednesday, the same day the Magic is supposed to be there.

The Magic is due to arrive in St Maarten tomorrow (Tuesday). Lili is currently about to cross the lower Windward Islands. As of 5pm, the center of Lili is about 15 miles east of the Grenadines. This is 429 miles from St Maarten.

If Lili continues on its current track, its eye shouldn't come any closer than 400 miles from the Magic. I would imagine the folks around there might have some high seas, but nothing that should cause the Magic to change course this week.

Hopefully Lili will behave herself! Everytime you see the updates, the course is changed, with both Isadore and Lili.

How does Lili's path affect my cruise next week on the Western Carribbean? I'm starting to get a little nervous. Is it possible the Western Itinerary could be changed to an Eastern Itinerary if there's a hurricne in Grand Cayman? :(

Thanks,
Wayne

From the TV coverage I 've seen of the way Isidore affected the Yucatan, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the western itinerary is cancelled for a few weeks. It looked like Cancun, Cozumel, etc. got pounded pretty hard.

Any word on near future cruises to the Western Carribbean? I hear Grand Cayman has been hit hard (roofs gone, flooding) and Cozumel is now on hurricane watch.

Wayne, Lily to supposed to make landfall by Thursday somewhere between Houston and New Orleans - so the Gulf itself should be clear by the weekend.

HOWEVER, the ports may be in bad shape (esp Cozumel) due to 2 hurricanes in 3 weeks. We're watching closely as well since we're cruising at the end of the month

We are the next Western cruise (10-12). I hope we don't miss any ports, butif we do, oh well.

Denine,

Good luck with your cruise on 10/12 ~ I'm sure DCL will ensure that you and your fellow cruisers have a wonderful time no matter where you end up going!

:cool:

As I'm posting this from the Magic right now, I can tell you that our Western itinerary got diverted to San Juan, Puerto Rico and St Thomas, USVI with 2 days at sea and 2 days at castaway Cay as well. The weather couldn't have been better for us so far, and I can tell you that the cruise staff and officers do their best to ensure 1) guest safety, and 2) a great guest experience.

I can't really complain, although I did want to see Cozumel though. I suppose it just gives me a better reason to come back next year!

-Wayne

2 days at Castaway Cay!!!! What luck!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter