Tropical Storm and Disney

This.

It can be hard to judge where the road is if it's covered in water. It's easy for people to get stuck out in the storm.

Just yesterday I saw a motorcycle crash from rainy roads, the guy was next to a hospital when he did thankfully,but still.

I had a friend down there this week and she spent yesterday at the movie theater in Downtown Disney and according to her, many people had the same idea. I would imagine DD would be slightly more crowded now given that shops are typically inside and out of the rain.

I had a friend down there this week and she spent yesterday at the movie theater in Downtown Disney and according to her, many people had the same idea. I would imagine DD would be slightly more crowded now given that shops are typically inside and out of the rain.

This is the best time to be in the parks -as long as the rain doesn't bother you..... The park crowds are reduced significantly

Is the tropical storm in the gulf heading for florida causeing any problems for Disney, Is everything still up and running normal?:sad1:

We were at the magic kingdom on Thursday as Andrea was hitting. We managed to ride everything. I have pictures of us running/flying with our ponchos and the kids jumping in puddles. We had a ball.

We did Tropical Storm Debbie last summer.
[I joked with my DH - and said Debbie should do Dallas, no offense]

Yes it rained for 3 days. We even had a photo pass photographer take our picture with our poncho's on in front of the castle as a memory.

Then the storm passed and we have 7 sunny hot days after all the cool rain.

Enjoy yourself and bring extra sneakers/socks or wear water 'shoes' like flip flops. :)

We were also there last year during tropical depression Debbie. Rained for most of our time there. All you can do is put on the rain gear and keep going. We were soaked but had a blast, all part of the Disney experience.

Is the tropical storm in the gulf heading for florida causeing any problems for Disney, Is everything still up and running normal?:sad1:

1) Well,
. . . it rained HARD, HARD, HARD today
. . . the skies at 3:00pm were very dark
. . . the rain drops were the sise of quarters
2) Not saying it was the end of the world.
3) But, I saw a guy on Main Street in white robes asking how long a cubit is.

NOTE: Today at WDW there was a "CODE 101" broadcasted. This is where
all CM's must get inside or take shelter under eves, etc.

I thought "101" was simply that an attraction was down due to a routine issue (which could include weather)?

We were at the magic kingdom on Thursday as Andrea was hitting. We managed to ride everything. I have pictures of us running/flying with our ponchos and the kids jumping in puddles. We had a ball.

We drove down to WDW that Thursday, we wanted to get there a few days early prior our Saturday cruise on the Fantasy. Anyway the wind was horrible & there were times my wipers, at full speed, couldn't keep up with the rain. By the time we got to OKW everything had settled down & we had a pleasant dinner at Olivia's. :thumbsup2

Is it just me or is there anyone else hating these ponchos??? :rotfl2:

I once put it on on a really rainy day in July and it lasted only 10 or 15 min... Whow, these things are windproof and HOT!!! I think I was wetter than anyone else walking in the rain!!! :rolleyes1:lmao:

I usually go to Target a few days before we leave and buy the $1.99 ones. They come in a little tiny ziplock bag so they are easy to store when walking through the parks. They are super light but do the job so you aren't sweating bullets under there! At the end of our trip, if I used them, I'll just throw them away (by that time they are ready to be thrown out) and if I didn't, I just throw them in a bag and head home! Definitely worth and and you aren't spending a fortune on the park ones (plus, you don't look like everyone else and you can find your family a lot easier lol)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we used these during Tropical Storm Faye in 2008. It literally rained and was unbelievably windy for probably about 2-3 days and these ponchos lasted. We just hung them up to dry when we got back to the room. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter