Tropical Palms Resort?

NancyDee

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Tropical Palms Resort?
I have been looking at campsites and I can get a cabin for a week for less than a tent site at the Fort.
Any & all info would be great.
Thanks

Try rvparkreviews.com, they have pretty good reviews of different campgrounds if you don't get any feedback here.

Best Regards,
Norm

I have camped there a couple times in the past but it has been years since I was there. I was very pleased with it back then, hopefully it has stayed as nice as it was.

I haven't seen anything negative about TP on these boards. Just from looking at the website, I think the differences are that it is a little farther from the action and may not be as shaded as FW. But, it looks like a fun campground and I don't see anything that would be a deal breaker. JMHO

I know a lot of people use this as a 2nd choice when the Fort is full, we camped there years ago and it was fine not in the middle of WDW but then some folks like that.

We scouted out TP a few weeks ago, I wouldn't stay there, especially after being at the Fort. The sites are very close together, not much landscaping between sites. JMHO

We have stayed at this facility several times and there sister property in Sarasota Sun N Fun. The prices are cheaper - if you are going just for a place to stay and on a budget - then yes I would recommend! But if you are going there to vacation "Like at the Fort" well - no comparison!

We've stayed there many times over the years. It is NOT the fort, but it's a nice campground where I've always encountered friendly staff. The best thing IMO is "Old Town" which is in front of the campground. It is within walking distance and has great little shops, cobblestone streets, and huge car shows on Friday & Saturday nights that "cruise" down the street. Very close to tons of restaurants, mini golfs, outlet malls........

I would probably stay at Turkey Lake before I would stay at TP but that may just be personal preference.

Tropical Palms is nice, but it cannot compare to FW. It has a nice pool and Old Towne is really nice and within walking distace. I would recommend it as an alternative to FW, we usually use it when we get to Florida ealier than planned and need a place for few nights before FW. I would not recommend their shuttle to Disney though, it was expensive and getting there wasn't a problem, but getting back was a nightmare.

I would recommend the Full Hook up back in sites at the back of the park. While they are grass sites and not paved, they are a lot bigger than any site you will get at FW. The full hook pull throughs with a concrete pad are tight, as others have mentioned.

I stayed at TP in Jan 2010 when we left a day earlier to beat out a winter storm, then went to FW for our annual WDW trip.

FW was booked and we had to go elsewhere for that one day. TP gave us a muddy site with six inches of water for a mere $86. The site was very tight to the neighbors on either side.

Pool was nice, but TP is good for us for only an emergency stay.

Best Regards!

Tropical Palms is a nice RV resort convenient to Disney World. I stay there often before or after checking into or out of the Fort on extended stays in Orlando.

There are several types of campsites at Tropical Palms, grassy (cheaper) and paved. I was going to be in Orlando for an extended time and in the interest of $$$ I camped at TP on the grassy area which I regretted (and subsequently upgraded to the paved area). The problem was ants. Ants were everywhere back there and insufferable. I rolled my eyes when I saw a review mentioning these ants, I thought the reviewer was a "sissy camper" or something. I changed my opinion once I encountered them on my own.

I stayed there two nights in November. I was in a fifth wheel though so I cannot give you any information about the cabins they have. From the outside they looked very nice and well kept. I did not however see inside one. TP is very convienent to both Disney and Universal.

Try rvparkreviews.com, they have pretty good reviews of different campgrounds if you don't get any feedback here.

Best Regards,
Norm

:thumbsup2 this is a great website - we always check here before we make reservations anywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter