• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tropical palms funsuites????

vegies

Earning My Ears
has anyone stayed here? have ressies and would like to know what is close by. (walking distance) grocery store? things to do? any insight would be great!!! 22 days and counting down

We were down in December and stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East, which is adjacent to Old Town. We were driving through Old Town and happened across Tropical Palms. I'd always seen the advertisements for the place, and thought it looked interesting, so we briefly rode through. Looks pretty nice.

As for your question, you're within (driving) minutes of supermarkets/drug stores and restaurants of every type. You'll also be just minutes away from Disney's Celebration Community.

It was about a ten minute drive from our Hotel to the MK parking lot.

Hope ya'll have a good time.

We have ressies there too, and we will be there the same days! Actually we'll be arriving on the 30th of March. I've never been there, but have heard really great things about it. Did you receive a brochure from them. It looks really wonderful, but brochures can sometimes be deceiving, hopefully it's as great as it looks!!!! Maybe we will see you there! :cool:

...but it was a site I was considering earlier (Jan) when I started planning my trip for May.

I got favourable replies to my queries on this board. If you search "Tropical Palms" on the trip planning board, you'll find some of that info.

We're still considering it. Currently booked at the new Animal Kingdon Lodge at a good rate for a Disney Resort. But its still $100US per night more for a small hotel room at AKL than it would be to stay at TP in a 2 bedroom cabin. We just aren't sure that lodging is where we want to spend that extra $150CDN a day anyway. Not to mention the food cost will be lower at TP.

Hope those of you going to TP soon will post your trip reports here...I'm very interesting in knowing how it goes.

We were in Orlando a couple of weeks ago and we drove through the resort and it looked pretty nice. You're right next door to "Old Town" and there is a lot of shops ect. right there, so you are within walking distance to stores ect. Tropical Palms is an RV Park with Park Models that they rent out, so I'm figuring that's what you are renting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter