Tropical night help!!

Peerue

Earning My Ears
does anyone know of any good websites to purchase "tropical" wear for the tropical night on the 7 day cruise???

Do you have something colorful in your closet at home? It really doesn't have to have flamingos or parrots on it. And it doesn't matter whether the attire is Caribbean, Mexican, Hawaiian, African, or just colorful solids, stripes, or florals.

Perhaps you would you enjoy picking something fun and inexpensive in St. Maarten or Cozumel, and wearing it that evening?

If you're still looking for a Web site, consider http://www.hilohattie.com/ -- which has a good selection of Hawaiian attire. I've been in their stores, and they have nice things (not just the loud tourist clothes for which they were once best known). I've only ordered macademia nuts from them online; the Web interface worked well and they shipped promptly.

I can't recommend a site for adults seeing as I live in a beach community/tourist area w/ tons of shops w/tropical wear. Wait a minute--you may be able to see if Tommy Bahama has a web site. Gorgeous tropical/casual wear. Very pricey for casual stuff but lasts!! If you have a relative in the military some BX's carry the brand for less--my parents got my husband his shirt for tropical night for $69 as opposed to their suggested retail price of $98. They double as beautiful golf shirts, too. Anyway for kids I like gymboree.com and I just bought my daughter a couple tropical outfits from their new line---Hula Girl. The dress had matching sandals you could purchase!! The hula girl line also has hawaiian shirts for little boys too, I believe. Good luck and hope this helps a little.

This is the best time of year to find tropical shirts on sale. Sears, JC Penney's, Kohl's, Target--take a look around and you should find great shirts at half price in the men's department.

I got some nice tropical shirts on e-bay. I got my DD a shirt for $1.25, she is only going to wear it once, so I thought that was a good buy. I got shirts for my DW and I for about $10.00 each.

I was wondering about this also. Has anyone bought the clothes in St. Maarten? I’ll need them for 2 Adults (male & female) and kids. Will I have time to shop? I’m planning on going to the beach in St. Maarten and I don’t know how close everything is on the island. Am I better off buying them ahead of time?

Originally posted by Pickles61
I was wondering about this also. Has anyone bought the clothes in St. Maarten? I’ll need them for 2 Adults (male & female) and kids. Will I have time to shop? I’m planning on going to the beach in St. Maarten and I don’t know how close everything is on the island. Am I better off buying them ahead of time?

Mindy,

Rae took some photos while on St. Maarten during her May '03 cruise. One thing I noticed, there is no shortage of shopping for tropical wear. Click on this link to see Rae's photos. http://community.webshots.com/album/78206131IXQQAR

I saw some tropical shirts in the mens and boys dept. recently at Target. Also, there is a tropical type Mickey shirt for men online at the DisneyStore.

i went to Hilo Hatties site. Good pictures and was able to match the family to the shirt. You may want to try this:)

We bought all our tropical clothes in St. Maarten. There are TONS of shops and beautiful stuff CHEAP! I got a sleeveless top and wrap pants in tropical rayon material for $15/set, the girls' tropical dresses were 3 for $10 and the boys' shirts $10. We were so colorful that we bought almost all the pictures from Shutters from that night. We've all worn our outfits here at home also! (My Step mom took my outfit and wore it in Hawaii when they went 3 months later). I'd personally wait until you get there - it's great fun and a great souvenier!

The color changing t-shirts from there are a big smash with all the kids here - $10 each!

Thanks for the info about the shirts from St. Maarten. I'll wait and buy them on the island. My DS has a color-changing shirt and he loves it. Glad to know they have them there, I'll pick up another one for him

I agree with disney6. I didn't even pack anything tropical this time, just waited until I got to St. Maarten for both myself and my DD.

Our gang on tropical night. My girls got their stuff at Express and I have had my jacket for about 10 years but never ever wore it before....it was perfect for tropical night in the dining room. I changed to a short sleeved tropical shirt for the deck party though.

Hubby and son got their's at either Wal-Mart or Sears for just a few bucks each.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/76180824/76181108Juzkwk

MJ

You definitely should wait until you hit the island! Very inespensive, and easy to find!

We bought clothes in Ste. Martin as well. About $6 each for DH/DS shirts, a two piece dress for me was $12 or so!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter