• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Drinks

mulanrouge

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure where to put this topic, but for those of you that rent a timeshare or own a timeshare and can make your own drinks in your unit, what are your best ones? I am allergic to Pineapple and Mango so am looking for some interesting "tropical" vacation drinks to make while I'm on a vacation without the pineapple and mango.

What do you like?
I like mojitos so I take fresh mint with me from my garden.
Anything with rum.
OJ and coconut tequila is tasty and easy bc you don't need multiple ingredients

Well, when we stay in Mexico, we go to Costco for a huge bag of limes and bottle of tequila. Keep the icemaker hummin' and mix up some REAL margaritas in the blender for cocktail hour. We don't drink many cocktails in FL; too busy at the parks. I guess if we did, I would concentrate on local fruits. Strawberry margs or daiquiris in March when that fruit is everywhere. Something citrusy the rest of the year. Even a screwdriver with fresh squeezed OJ would be amazing compared to the Minute Made schlock we get here. Try a simple Greyhound or a Paloma made with fresh local grapefruit juice. Yum.

ETA - don't forget to pack your juice squeezer, or pick one up down there. We've got one like this, but with all three sizes (orange, lemon, lime) on a single hinge for easy travel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter