Tropical Dreams, Mermaid Food, and Wishes on Wheels Oh My! 1st PTR

Dumbo totally makes me cry too. That's good that you are able to use it to spark some good talks. I often try to do that...but they usually roll their eyes and back out of the room lol

Celeste requested that she and I attend Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street next year, and that will be certain to be a hair raising experience! :scared1: *shiver*

Sweeney Todd is brilliant. BRILLIANT. Actually, almost everything Sondheim wrote is brilliant. See them all :D.

Hi Rebecca!!!

Don't worry - you're in great company here on the boards - we can all encourage Disney-crazy-behavior here!!! :thumbsup2

So sorry about your mom.... sending you hugs :hug::hug: And she'll absolutely be there with you on the trip in spirit.

Sorry to hear you're feeling off - hope you feel better asap!!!

Just wanted to say I love Phantom and hope y'all enjoy Sweeney Todd too (Never seen it live)

And yes Dumbo (and several other disney movies) make me cry too

The other night we managed to watch both Pinocchio and Dumbo (the latter is on Netflix currently). This one was hard to watch for me as I cry almost all of the way through it for both both sad and happy moments. It sparked some really good and honest conversation about racism and stereotypical portrayals in movies and our culture.
200.gif

Pink elephants on parade! Look out! Look out!
200.gif

When I was a tiny girl the pink elephant scene scared the daylights out me, and I still find it to be quite unnerving!
200.gif

Pete is bowing out of Disney movies until we're up to his favorite era- pretty much anything from the 70's and after. I asked the kids last night if they would like to stop trying to watch the history of Disney films and they both said that they want to keep doing this. Have to admit I was pretty pleased as they both seem to be learning quite a bit, and have a new appreciation for Disney!

Next up is Bambi and it's another one that causes massive waterworks for me, but I can't wait to see their reactions!

We had guests this Memorial Day weekend, and those friends went home yesterday, soon I'll get caught up on PTRs, TRs, and also replies here. :D
Feeling a little topsy turvy as we're trying to get everything wrapped up for the end of the school year and deal with some weird stuff! I'm very off, lost in
migraine land and feel a bit loopy but this is one of those days I'm just trying to keep my head above water. Hope you are well and Disney dreaming! Bye for now! *love*~ Rebecca
200.gif

Oh, Dumbo. I don't know if my New Mama heart can handle Dumbo anymore! Apparently, it was my most favorite Disney movie as a little little girl, and I always was very fond of the elephants on parade scene. But I happened to watch it either sometime while pregnant or just after I had my daughter and I could not contain my sobs! SOBS!

A month later Pete got up really early and secured 2 tickets for Phantom!

Yay! Sounds like you had a super fun night! I love Phantom, I saw it in London a few years ago and it was soooo good! I have the DVD of the film version and I still think it's hilarious that Gerard Butler was the Phantom! :rotfl:
Such a weird casting choice!

While we're trying our best to see Disney movies in order we keep running into a pickle. Most Disney films are only released for a short time, and if you miss that window it will be years before another chance comes along.

That drives me crazy about Disney! Seriously can they not just put all the movies out and just leave them out?? :earseek:

...and I only cried twice. :blush:

I always wondered how mermaids cry...I mean you all live in water so how do you know if you are crying? :scratchin

This one was hard to watch for me as I cry almost all of the way through it for both both sad and happy moments.

Now, you see, I cannot watch Dumbo :sad2: I would just be a blubbering wreck!:sad:

But he is so super duper cute! ::yes::

200.gif

When I was a tiny girl the pink elephant scene scared the daylights out me, and I still find it to be quite unnerving!

That is a really creepy scene :scared: I still get freaked by it too!

Next up is Bambi and it's another one that causes massive waterworks for me

Again cannot watch Bambi. Too many tears :sad:

We had guests this Memorial Day weekend, and those friends went home yesterday, soon I'll get caught up on PTRs, TRs, and also replies here. :D
Feeling a little topsy turvy as we're trying to get everything wrapped up for the end of the school year and deal with some weird stuff! I'm very off, lost in migraine land and feel a bit loopy but this is one of those days I'm just trying to keep my head above water. Hope you are well and Disney dreaming! Bye for now! *love*~ Rebecca

Hope you had an awesome Memorial Day weekend! Just remember:

deanyoureawesome.gif

:hug:

Hi! :wave2: It seems I had a lot to catch up on. I love your Disney math. I thought about doing that but math is hard. :laughing: It's good that you are going to come out on top.

So sorry about your mom. :hug:

Looks like you had a fun time at Phantom. :thumbsup2

Your watching some good Disney and Marvel movies. I also found it hard to get the Disney movies I wanted to see. I had to borrow some from a friend.

Wow Rebecca! You had a very eventful couple of weeks with lots of ups & downs! :hug:

I hope Celeste is feeling better! Strep throat is awful.

Looks like you girls had a great time at Phantom, though! Phantom was my first Broadway play too when I was about your DD's age. It's amazing how long its been running! I guess it goes to show why people love it so much. I can't wait for Newsies! We may try and take our kiddos since it's coming our way too! We don't get as many of the plays come out East as you guys do on the West side. Beauty & the Beast came a couple years ago and it was awesome. Your Rascal would love it! Lots to keep a boy entertained!

Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful pictures and backgroud of you & your family. :goodvibes I loved the one of the 4 of you in Kawai! We have a very similar picture in that same spot! Waimea Canyon, right? Josh was 22 months old and kept climbing that dang railing with nothing but a chain link fence between him and certain death. Scared the begeezus out of me!

Lovely updates! Sorry i'm so behind!

Hi! I just happened to see you post over on @pkondz TR and I saw something about a July 2016 trip. I just had to come over and check it out... especially since July 2016 is kind of on the table for a possible trip... :rolleyes1

Anyway, I just tried to read through your updates to catch up. Great job on a first PTR and I love your use of gifs. I should really use more myself. :rotfl2:

I had to google Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I've never heard of that one before. Mad respect for you, your art skills, and love of life. Dealing with the migraines, pain, discomfort and being in a wheelchair would bring a lesser person down.

My intent was to just say hi and catch up... you know, save the quoted replies for later once I'm back on the same page as everyone else, but I did see a few as I was reading that I just had to quote.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for a proper Black Widow movie!
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: I think Black Widow might be my favorite Avenger. :love: :rolleyes1

My mother lived with us for a year before her very advanced T-cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma was discovered. This was right after the 2nd round of chemo and was her favorite photo that I took of her. She loved lizards, Stephen King, zombies, her grandchildren, playing classical guitar, and Hawaii. She was going to go to Disney World with us before the cancer, and I think she was looking forward to it. We never made that trip, but her spirit will go with us. She is gone but will never be forgotten.
Debra Hendrix June 5, 1956~May 19, 2013
I know this is just a snippet of the post, but I enjoyed the backstory about your family. I think it is awesome that you and your mom seemed to have such a close and great relationship. I'm sorry she never was able to come along on a Disney trip, but I wish you nothing but the best in taking this trip in her honor. I'd tell you to have a Dole Whip for her while you're there, but I might need to go back and look at that allergy list again to make sure pineapple isn't on there.

I'm so glad y'all enjoyed the show! The only stage show I've seen was in London at the Drury Threatre! We saw Anything Goes and was definitely a trip highlight! Rascal would probably LoVe Newsies! Never a dull moment there!

Hi there! I just wrote my first ore trip report (I already messed it up) and saw yours! Enjoying reading it!!!! I am going ot add lists of tp my family's favors too, you inspired me!

I love live theater! I saw both Beauty and the Beast and Newsies and I vote Newsies! It such a fun and lively show, I love it!

Hope all is well :hug: hugs to you and your family

200.gif

Hello lovelies! I'm a scatterbrain today, busy as a bee, but tonight will get caught up with all of your terrific comments -and some more TRs and PTRs! :hug: Thank you for for being here with me!

200.gif

We watched Bambi and I only cried once,

200.gif

and not at the part that would have been typical to cry at. o_O! I wonder if this could be some new sickness heck I even cry at commercials!

Thank you for for being here with me!

Where else would we be but right here? :goodvibes

Only once? You're tougher than Andy.
(or me)

I wonder if this could be some new sickness heck I even cry at commercials!

You're forgiven. Those commercials are getting better at getting to you... and getting you to buy.

If you figure out what it is, please share, because I'm pretty sure DW has it too! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:laughing:

Finally caught up with your PTR. I hope you're feeling better and can keep the migraines at bay. We're hitting the last week of school here and it's just ridiculous how much stuff goes on. I can barely keep anything straight at this point.

Thank you for those monster hugs sweet friend! :hug: Also my nickname when I was little (and to this day with one cousin :lovestruc) was/is Boo.

Oh - my middle daughter is called Boo. The first time I saw Monsters, Inc., I totally cried at the end. What am I saying, I always cry at the end, when Boo yells out, "Kitty!"

Thank you dear I really appreciate that! :hug: I miss her daily and handled yesterday better than I had hoped. She loved Stephen King! The Stand is a pretty fantastic book! Which others do you enjoy?

Your mom sounds like she was an awesome lady. The Stand is my absolute favorite Stephen King book. I tend to prefer his older stuff. I remember reading It one summer and it scared the carp out of me. I still think the clown slide at the Boardwalk Inn pool looks like Pennywise.

200.gif

Hello lovelies! I'm a scatterbrain today, busy as a bee, but tonight will get caught up with all of your terrific comments -and some more TRs and PTRs! :hug: Thank you for for being here with me!

200.gif

200.gif

and not at the part that would have been typical to cry at. o_O! I wonder if this could be some new sickness heck I even cry at commercials!

I cry at everything. It's silly. Can't watch Dumbo at all. My oldest daughter will stare at me to see if I start bawling at anything remotely sad. My middle daughter sang "Do you want to build a snowman?" at the talent show last year and I was just a puddle at the end.

And I completely understand doing the DP if it makes your husband happy. By and large, all my husband wants to know is when we're going on vacation and how he should pack. The only thing he cares about is where we stay. He loves AKL. I love trying the different resorts, but if he wants to go to AKL, that's fine with me. He doesn't ask for anything else.

Hmmm, which of his books don't I enjoy?
I've got a few books on that list. ;) I like most of his work a great deal though!
I also loved It, and I remember that when I read Pet Sematary I could not even keep the book in my bedroom throughout the night!
I haven't read it, is it quite good?! I think I may have it here.
It's been years since I've seen Fantasia.
I should watch it too.
It held up surprisingly well, and we still can't figure out a few of the animation techniques.
Wow! Good calc on the meal plan! that is a LOT of TS, not like that's a bad thing, but its a lot of food, and why you're going to save a lot of money!
It is a crazy amount of TS I agree! We like food as an experience though so having a sit down dinner every night just has to be planned in.
:hug: hugs to you, and your amazing family, your deserve and are ready for somepixiedust: MAGIC!
Thank you sweetie!!! :hug:
I do remember it freaking me out when I was a child...

tumblr_mwqou46r2d1ske259o1_500-gif.98314

That might be why! :scared1:
It frightened me as well! I totally understand! Also the Rascal looked a bit uncomfortable during some of this scene too. ;) Though as soon as Fantasia ended he asked about watching the Fantasia 2000, I told him we'll get there eventually. :D
Fantasia is awesome...it just makes me think about being at Philharmagic..:) sigh...
We had a lot of fun at Philharmagic as well, love those older 3d movie experiences including Muppets 3d, and It's a Bug's Life. ::yes::
Hope you have a great time - we saw Phantom on night 3 of our 3 night honeymoon!
We had such a terrific time, the actors were good and the costumes and stage were exquisite! I'm so glad you got to see it! Was it in London?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter