• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Depression may be forming next week

Thank you so much for posting! We arrive tomorrow afternoon (for tent camping at Ft Wilderness!) and I have been pretty discouraged! This is a short stop on a long road trip and we only get one park day on Wednesday & the weather made it look like a wash out.

Oh, I hope the weather holds out for you! Maybe you could get a hotel room instead? I know it's last minute but I think even an off site hotel would be better than camping in the heavy rain. Disney may let you get a refund for the campsite because of the Extenuating circumstances with the weather.

Today really was not bad! There was about a half hour of strong rain, then it was just a steady rain, and continues right now. It even stopped right around the dinner hour for about 2 hours.

I hope everyone who's here stays safe and tries to still have an enjoyable time!

Just back from AK, we were celebrating my son's 20th.
Only big downpour was at 1:30pm, we were waiting for the Nemo show and luckily were under a big umbrella. Many people started to leave the fp line and ask where the park's exit was. Lasted less than half hour cause by the time the show was done it wasn't raining
After that no real downpour, did everything we wanted, the only thing cancelled was the jungle book show.
Had a fp for 8:20pm for safari and didn't need it, every attraction was a walk on. Probably would've been able to do everything in 3 hours this evening

We just arrived Saturday and things have been better than expected-weather wise. Sunday it started to steadily rain around 3:30 ( with about an hour of heavy rain) It stopped around 6:00 ish
Today we were in parks and it started raining about 2:30. We had just gotten back to our resort. We headed to Epcot around 4:30 and it was raining but manageable with ponchos and umbrella. Only bummer Test Track was closed and we got a fast pass for that.

This has been pretty much a non event. A couple inches of rain. Wind at 15 or 20 mph.

But local Channel 6 promised to be on "Hurricane" watch all day today.

MK was mostly dead this AM. Probably a combo of people afraid of the storm and people not realizing the park opened early. Got to walk on a bunch of rides. Mine Train was down at park open and later when we came back. They switched our pass to an all day one, so eventually we rode it. Rain was pretty constant today, but it kept the temps cool and the lines relatively short. Seems like this should be the worst of it. We were going to stay til Wishes, but DS11mo was done. Good thing too, because there was a deluge shortly after we got back to the condo.

I am awake at Coronado right now and the rain just got so heavy that I could hear it over the a/c. We did pretty well at MK today though.

Getting ready to head to MK. I think we'll be dealing with more rain overall this morning than we did yesterday. It's been constant for hours now.

We are headed to HS now. Wish us luck today lol looks like the rain is going to be constant. Just make the best of it :)

Beautiful morning at AK. Just a few sprinkles here and there with VERY comfortable temps.
Crowds starting to pour in now though.........the scaredy cats decided to come out! :P

I'm on the east coast & we got quite a bit of rain & wind over here. In fact we are at our beachside shop putting everything back together that we took time to secure & cover yesterday. It's better to be safe than sorry. Having lived in central Florida over 60 years I Pay attention - it could have been a lot worse than it was!

Beautiful morning at AK. Just a few sprinkles here and there with VERY comfortable temps.
Crowds starting to pour in now though.........the scaredy cats decided to come out! :P
We were at AK as well this morning. Got stuck in Primevil Whirl line for about 5 minutes while it rained and the ride stopped. We have yet to break out the ponchos. We seem to be in the right place at the right time. My DH was loving the temps. Back at the hotel now for a swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter