Tripod Recommendations

sanscomment

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I just recently got a Canon Rebel EOS T3 DSLR and am debating taking a tripod into the parks in the evenings to get good shots. I know that the tripod has to fit in your bag, so does anyone have any recommendations for a good "backpack" tripod for getting decent night shots.

Thanks!

I have an Induro CT213 set of tripod legs and an Induro BHD3 ballhead. Both are no longer available, but there are adequate replacements out there. Tripods can be pricey, but a strong/solid tripod can be invaluable. Manfrotto, Gitzo, Induro, Benro, Sirui, and SLIK are all quality brands that offer good products, some more pricey than others. Really Right Stuff is top notch for ballheads, but pricey.

I love my MeFoto Roadtrip Carbon Fiber tripod. They make a smaller version called the Backpacker which packs down to less than 13" in length. The Daytrip packs down to about 10" long. If I had stuff a tripod into a backpack for relatively casual photography I'd probably just go with some kind of Gorillapod, to be honest. I'm looking to add one to my quiver.

+1 for the Mefoto brand. Either one of the bigger units will fit in the proverbial backpack per the park requirements.

I know people always recomend the Mefoto or other more expensive tripods, but I was on a bit tigher budget. I knew that I wouldn't be getting a top of the line tripod, but I recently got a Zomei Z699C tripod on Amazon. It is carbon fiber, folds up REALLY small and is almost 60" when extended. Very light, compact and great for the parks - I've loved it so far. And the best part for me is that I got it under $120, much less than more well known brands. It has some pretty good reviews online, especially considering its pricepoint. I've been very happy so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter