1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tripod: Checked luggage or carry on?

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by 2Tiggies, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

I know there is no rule that prevents me from packing it in either, but would you pack your tripod in your checked luggage? Do you wrap it carefully somehow before? I have in the past squeezed it into my carry-on but may not have space this year.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. m1ckeymouse

m1ckeymouse Mouseketeer

i packed mine in my checked luggage this year between the layers of clothes to give it some protection. survived fine without a scratch. i was concerned about it, but i didn't have enough room in my carry on for it!

4. 2Tiggies

Thanks. It's a fairly sturdy one, but I needed some reassurance as I've always had it with me.

5. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

I use a travel tripod and its attached to my "personal item" camera bag. It has gone through Milwaukee, O'Hare and Midway with no issues.

6. YesDear

YesDear <font color=red>Admired by the Tag Fairy for such

Mine is small enough to fit in my carryon but I would not have a problem attached to my camera bag

7. 2Tiggies

I have my whole camera bag and a laptop in my carry-on. I might squeeze the tripod but it's going to be a struggle. If I possibly can keep it with me, I will. I just don't want it getting damaged in the checked bags, even though it's probably highly unlikely. Thanks guys :thumbsup2

8. My2Girls66

My2Girls66 DIS Veteran

I just got back from Arizona. I put my tripod in my checked bag which is a rolling duffle. No problems. It would have fit in my carry-on but I figured as long as there is a chance they won't let me board the plane with it, I would just check it to be safe.

9. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

I have always put it in my checked bag.

10. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

My tripod is always in checked luggage. It survives the international travel really well.