Triple sheeting at OKW?

SpringBreak

Mouseketeer
I know bedspreads are being phased out of Deluxe DVC properties--
with triple sheeting replacements planned.

I've heard that some OKW units have already undergone the the change.

Will those who've been to OKW please comment? Did you have triple sheeting? What was your building/ room?

Thanks!

I am also curious to know if this has been done at Old Key West and would love to see pictures pixiedust:

I was in building 53 this past week-end and still had the bedspreads!

In August we were in 3621, 1 bed and we had triple sheeting in the master bedroom. I'll post a pic tomorrow as on my iPad just now. I didn't care for the plain look, think it needs a bed scarf similar to BLT. However, I like the principal if triple sheeting.

We were in a one bedroom in October and we had the bedspread.

This was our master bedroom in room 3621 in August this year:

That looks horrible! I wasn't crazy about the new bedspreads (liked the old quilt-looking pattern better), but just the sheet is awful.

I don't understand why they'd go to the expense of adding triple sheeting so everything is cleaned between guests, then put those dirty throw pillows on top of the nice clean pillow cases! This drives me crazy!

Shadeaux, I'm with you! I do not care for the triple sheeting at all. And they kept the dust ruffle with the triple sheeting? I much prefer the finished look of a bedspread/comforter with the dust ruffle. And I do NOT like those throw pillows on my clean linens either.

I have to agree....Looks like an unmade bed! Why can't they at least learn to miter the corners so it looks neater. It does need a bed scarf too.

I It does need a bed scarf too.
Here's a cheap suggestion, they already re-purposed the furniture during our refurb by re-staining it, then let's re-purpose the bedspreads, cut them into strips and make 3-4 bed scarfs!

Yikes! What a disappointment. Looks like an unmade bed. No theme or design there.

It looked awful, just a vast expanse of white sheeting. I didn't like the bedspreads and always took them off the beds and do prefer the triple sheeting. However, it certainly needs a bit of colour with a bed scarf or something. BLT has a white duvet with self design and a bed scarf, that looks lovely.

I wonder what has happened to all the new bedspreads from the last refurbishment.

I had triple sheeting in my studio in building 38 last month. What surprised me is that I actually didn't even notice it until I realized I didn't have to take the awful weight they call a bedspread off of the bed. :thumbsup2 The one thing I had noticed was how pretty the blue accent pillow was and that was it.

However I do think they've missed the design element of a bed scarf in doing the triple sheeting. I moved over to BCV which seems to have the triple sheeting everywhere and there wasn't even a colored throw pillow on the bed. The triple sheeting really jumped out immediately at me.

I have absolutely no desire to have the bedspreads back and was happy to not have to deal with them. I wouldn't mind if they finished the design look that is the norm with triple sheeting and added bed scarves.

Although the previous bedspreads were dirt collectors and heavy at times...they gave a polished appearance which I have always enjoyed. Also miter corners aren't hard once you learn to do them/and give a finished appearance. When at OKW in May (before and after a cruise on the Fantasy) the bedspreads were still being used in Bldg. 39 where I stayed with my girlfriend.

Instead of triple sheeting...why not a textured white bedspread which could be easily laundered? During the summer triple sheeting might be acceptable...but not year round.

Although the previous bedspreads were dirt collectors and heavy at times...they gave a polished appearance which I have always enjoyed. Also miter corners aren't hard once you learn to do them/and give a finished appearance. When at OKW in May (before and after a cruise on the Fantasy) the bedspreads were still being used in Bldg. 39 where I stayed with my girlfriend.

Instead of triple sheeting...why not a textured white bedspread which could be easily laundered? During the summer triple sheeting might be acceptable...but not year round.

I'm not positive about the OKW sheets but the BCV had a design in them. It just does not show up in photos unless you did a close up. And overall the photos give a much more plain appearance than in person - kind of like most photos of DVC resorts tend to not display the resorts to their best appearance IMO.

I am extremely disappointed in how plain, cheap and horrible they look :eek: I was so excited about the new look but now I feel let down :furious: I agree that some color might help :mad:

I'm not positive about the OKW sheets but the BCV had a design in them. It just does not show up in photos unless you did a close up. And overall the photos give a much more plain appearance than in person - kind of like most photos of DVC resorts tend to not display the resorts to their best appearance IMO.

I agree, I just got home from BWV. Looks better in person. The top sheet is a little heavier and has a design, it reminded me of a formal table cloth.

I'm at OKW right now, bldg 30 has triple sheeting. AS others have said, the top sheet is textured and a little heavier, kind of like a thin Damask. A little bit of color in the top sheet, or a scarf would be a more finished look. Probably don't want anything too colorful because of fading, though. Remember how faded OKW's original coral colored towels got before they were replaced with white?

I'm in a studio, and the dust ruffle matches the Roman shades on the patio/balcony door. And that matches the blue studio walls and the beige carpet. I miss our original color scheme. It looks somewhat generic and un-themed.

That said, the top sheets being used are obviously a pretty expensive sheet, not from Walmart or JC Penney.

Just got home from OKW. We were in studio 2330 which had the triple sheeting. I have to say, I didn't like the way it looks but it was very comfortable to sleep with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter