TripAdvisor Says Disney Hotels Closed Through 7/31?

mckennarose

DIS Veteran
I just saw a post on another thread that on Trip Advisor the Disney hotels are listed as closed until July 31, 2020. I went on and checked a couple of them (OKW, CR, ASM, AKL, POR) and it says "this business is closed until 7/31/20". Interestingly, Swan and Dolphin don't have the same note. It will let me go through and make a booking before July 31... at least as far as I can get without paying.

Was there an announcement from Disney about the closure lasting until July 31 that I missed?

I just saw a post on another thread that on Trip Advisor the Disney hotels are listed as closed until July 31, 2020. I went on and checked a couple of them (OKW, CR, ASM, AKL, POR) and it says "this business is closed until 7/31/20". Interestingly, Swan and Dolphin don't have the same note. It will let me go through and make a booking before July 31... at least as far as I can get without paying.

Was there an announcement from Disney about the closure lasting until July 31 that I missed?
This is definitely interesting.

There was no announcements. And I don't think Trip Advisor would be the one to break the news. Part of me wonders if they put that in place so that way they don't have to deal with issuing refunds. Like they personally don't want to deal with the issue, and they personally believe that the resorts wont open before 7/30/20.

Part of me wonders if they put that in place so that way they don't have to deal with issuing refunds. Like they personally don't want to deal with the issue, and they personally believe that the resorts wont open before 7/30/20.
I don't know....
I was able to go through a mock booking for mid July, so you still can book and if Disney remains closed through then, they will have to issue refunds anyway.

What if only certain resorts are going to be open and those listed won’t? Or what if they really are not planning to open until August at the earliest?

Trip Advisor is a third party website. Disney don't control the information listed there. That to me seems to be a placeholder date put on Trip Advisor by the digital marketing manager of Trip Advisor.

Until there is an official announcement from Disney, any date you see online is speculation

What if only certain resorts are going to be open and those listed won’t? Or what if they really are not planning to open until August at the earliest?
If they weren't planning on opening till then then it would be baffling for them to start rebooking for those affected in June. Trip Advisor is probably trying to get around not having to issue mass refunds and are just playing it safe. I think Disney could have also limited or retracted rooms available to third party sites, we don't know, but as previously said I doubt that Disney would allow Trip Advisor to be the ones to break the news of a massively extended closure.

Reservations are currently booking on the WDW site for June 1st and beyond. However, they do state that "resorts are temporarily closed until further notice". I dont' think Trip Advisor has any inside info. Everyone is just rolling with news/updates as it comes...businesses and individuals alike. I don't think WDW would announce a further closure extension this far in advance.

I'm not sure if it means anything but I had a screenshot on my phone of Yacht Club from 3/27 that it would be closed to 4/30. I think that was the same day Disney announced being closed indefinitely. The next day is when they announced no reservations until June 1st. Again, I don't know if it means anything but that's at least what I remember when TripAdvisor had a date listed before.

There's a travel agency site that won't book cruises until mid-July. There's a 100-day hold on cruises that could be lifted before that. I think travel agencies are just tired of issuing refunds. It has to be a nightmare trying to process all the refunds.

Disney won't open in six and half weeks. Come-on y'all and "look into your heart". What does your common sense say? My positive side says October. My practical side says this crap is going to be taking lives well into next year and Disney isn't going to be a party to death. I hope I am wrong because we must open the world back up or most businesses will just not re-open and no bailout is going to save everyone. I hate this bug.

Disney won't open in six and half weeks. Come-on y'all and "look into your heart". What does your common sense say? My positive side says October. My practical side says this crap is going to be taking lives well into next year and Disney isn't going to be a party to death. I hope I am wrong because we must open the world back up or most businesses will just not re-open and no bailout is going to save everyone. I hate this bug.
I don’t think WDW will open by June 1 either, but the point is that Disney hasn’t released any opening dates. Just says until further notice. Trip Advisor was posting wrong info, not from Disney.

There's a travel agency site that won't book cruises until mid-July. There's a 100-day hold on cruises that could be lifted before that. I think travel agencies are just tired of issuing refunds. It has to be a nightmare trying to process all the refunds.
The travel agencies don't issue refunds-no payments are made to travel agencies. Payments are made by TA's directly to the vendor and the vendor would issue the refund.
It is possible some agencies have decided not to book cruises for clients prior to mid-July but many still will. However many cruise lines have paused sailings through 6/30 at this point

The travel agencies don't issue refunds-no payments are made to travel agencies. Payments are made by TA's directly to the vendor and the vendor would issue the refund.
It is possible some agencies have decided not to book cruises for clients prior to mid-July but many still will. However many cruise lines have paused sailings through 6/30 at this point
I know, but they have to do all the leg work of calling the cruise lines and waiting on hold for two hours. I'm sure it's getting old.

I know, but they have to do all the leg work of calling the cruise lines and waiting on hold for two hours. I'm sure it's getting old.
It certainly is! Although luckily more and more can be done online as the pause in sailings gets extended. But I rather the extensions just end................

This was posted in another thread a day before Disney announced their last extension. FWIW.

I wanted to read reviews on Yacht Club so I've been scouring the internet. I found it interesting that Tripadvisor has a banner across the top of the page that says...Message from Tripadvisor: This business is temporarily closed until 04/30/2020.

looks like Florida is going to reopen some beaches this weekend. lets see how that works out for them. If they have a jump in cases it could prove that the closures should be extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter