trip with new born baby???

Can't say that I have. Two thoughts though... who would hold the baby for you to ride things or is this just a get away from the real world? Second, if you do go, please try to pick a cooler time of year. I am a nurse with at-risk babies and when we went in September it stressed me to see these little babies out in the heat. I was very worried about DD 2 and her red cheeks. Just remember their bodies can't adjust to the heat like ours. I know this is probably not what you were looking for and I am not trying to be offensive. Just thinking of the little one from a nurse perspective. :hug:

I was wondering if anyone has gone to Disney just you and your new born baby????

just a bad idea. when i was there in january, there were some moms with newborns that looked hours old (obviously they werent) but you could see it on the face of the parents - it was a mistake.

are you nuts?.....

I am just thinking about the amount of germs and such and there's no way a sane parent would consider putting an infant into that...

OP--WHY would one even WANT to do that:confused3 I can't imagine that there would be much of a "fun" factor in such a trip.

We took our second child when he was 3 months old, and it was just fine. Each of the parks has a great baby area where you can nurse, change diapers, and just rest. I wouldn't go in the summer when it's really hot, though. That would be dangerous for the baby.

We took my BFF's 14-week-old grandson to WDW in December 2007. The trip wasn't for him--it was for his 9.5-year-old sister! He wasn't even a twinkle in his parents' eyes when the trip was planned, and we didn't want to disappoint her.

So BFF, her daughter, granddaughter, new grandson and I all met at an airport in another city (we had different points of origin) to complete our flights to MCO. The young man in question was very well behaved--just one little screech on the return flight. It was a significant bout of turbulance that had the adults ready to scream! He flirted with everyone on the flights, at WDW and everywhere we went!

This worked well because we had so many adults. That enabled mother and daughter to go on some rides by themselves, although the young lady was a tad too short for RnRC, unfortunately! BFF and I kept the baby at times, went on rides at other times, and sometimes all of us were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. :)

A trip to WDW for just the two of you could be relaxing, as long as you schedule everything around the baby and don't expect too much. And as another poster noted, cooler weather would be much more comfortable for both of you! :)

if you can avoid it don't do it. they won't have a clue about being there so why kill yourself. my kids are 5 years apart so i understand the need to go when the oldest is still young but if you don't have to then don't do it. any time i see a mom with one that little they look sooooo much more tired than anyone else. i've taken a child as young as three and it was so much more tiring than when they turned 4/5 years old and could walk more and be held less.

are you nuts?.....

I am just thinking about the amount of germs and such and there's no way a sane parent would consider putting an infant into that...

Well that's a happy positive response to give out! Geesh...way to not beat around the bush!

My husband is a clinical pediatric pharmacist who works with lots of NICU babies, and he never questioned my sanity when I hauled our newborns around as babies. Granted our kiddos were normal term babies with no health problems, but usually newborns have effective immune systems especially if mom breastfeeds. But beyond that it's just plain mean to question the sanity of another parent who is asking for advice. Shame on you! :sad2:

OP

I would worry more about your health (if you are indeed talking about yourself), if you have just had a baby when you go to Disney World you might still be pretty worn out from labor. I know for myself, after giving birth it took me at least a month or two to heal up and not be sore. So take that into consideration when deciding if you can walk all day and ride some pretty bumpy rides! (Thinking about one of my rips with my second baby....OUCH!) :rotfl:

But if you are okay with the idea and think you can do it, than by all means take your baby to disney. I hauled my newborns around everywhere...the mall, out to eat, cross country trips to see relatives, playdates for my older kids, soccer, ballet lessons, taekwondo etc....there aren't any more germs at disney than your local mall or at daycare for that matter.. so just wash hands and don't let well meaning strangers touch your baby's hands etc... Newborns are so easy to take places, they sleep so much! If you are truly by yourself than maybe think about the fact that you won't have any other hands to help you out...even a newborn can get heavy! And I do agree that if it's hot out that is a big thing to consider...newborns really can't regulate temperature. But I would think an early spring trip or early winter trip would be fine!

But don't let others tell you you need to stay isolated at home for the first six months of baby's life...unless this H1N1 thing flares up again there is really no reason to be a shut in. I am a big proponent of getting your baby out and about and not feeling like you are a recluse after a baby arrives!

I was wondering if anyone has gone to Disney just you and your new born baby????

I don't think anyone has asked the question yet - how old exactly will the baby be? Are you talking a 1-week old baby or a baby that is a few months old?

I personally would have differing opinions, depending upon the age, but I'm not going to judge anyone for what they might choose.

FWIW, we took 10-month old twins (and no, we didn't have any older children that the trip was "for"). We had a great trip - a different trip that we would have had without them, but it was still a great trip.

We are planning to take our next child at 4 months old. We are totally comfortable with traveling with a baby at that age - much easier than traveling with an 18-month old :)

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Well that's a happy positive response to give out! Geesh...way to not beat around the bush!

My husband is a clinical pediatric pharmacist who works with lots of NICU babies, and he never questioned my sanity when I hauled our newborns around as babies. Granted our kiddos were normal term babies with no health problems, but usually newborns have effective immune systems especially if mom breastfeeds. But beyond that it's just plain mean to question the sanity of another parent who is asking for advice. Shame on you! :sad2:

OP

I would worry more about your health (if you are indeed talking about yourself), if you have just had a baby when you go to Disney World you might still be pretty worn out from labor. I know for myself, after giving birth it took me at least a month or two to heal up and not be sore. So take that into consideration when deciding if you can walk all day and ride some pretty bumpy rides! (Thinking about one of my rips with my second baby....OUCH!) :rotfl:

But if you are okay with the idea and think you can do it, than by all means take your baby to disney. I hauled my newborns around everywhere...the mall, out to eat, cross country trips to see relatives, playdates for my older kids, soccer, ballet lessons, taekwondo etc....there aren't any more germs at disney than your local mall or at daycare for that matter.. so just wash hands and don't let well meaning strangers touch your baby's hands etc... Newborns are so easy to take places, they sleep so much! If you are truly by yourself than maybe think about the fact that you won't have any other hands to help you out...even a newborn can get heavy! And I do agree that if it's hot out that is a big thing to consider...newborns really can't regulate temperature. But I would think an early spring trip or early winter trip would be fine!

But don't let others tell you you need to stay isolated at home for the first six months of baby's life...unless this H1N1 thing flares up again there is really no reason to be a shut in. I am a big proponent of getting your baby out and about and not feeling like you are a recluse after a baby arrives!

Very nicely put! Everything you said is right on target!

I can't believe how RUDE some people are on this thread!

OP, good luck with what you decide! You'll have a fabulous time no matter when you decide to go. Just remember to take care of yourself and the new baby!

OP

I don't care if he is THE SURGEON GENERAL. I am a mother, grandmother and a nurse. It is an awful idea to take a newborn to WDW. I wonder if some people has the sense the LORD gave them.

I met a lady and her new born baby in Disney Land Paris at New Years Eve.
We got into a nice conversations and I asked her how old the baby was. She told me ten days and we took a little peek at the baby. He was warm cosy and sleeping.
We talked to here leaving the park and it was way after twelve o'clock. Remember that in Europe the winters are cold and freezing ,nothing like the warm days and nights in Florida.
I think if you feel up to it yourself go for it. New born baby's are very strong and this whole germ thing and they are weak is so exaggerated.

Have a magical vacation with your baby. :wizard:

We took our then 10 week old DS in September. It was hot the whole time we were there. He did fine. I made sure that I nursed, nursed, nursed....it was nice to sit in an a/c baby room. I had my stroller and a wrap so I always had hands free for whatever else I needed to do. Don't worry about the germs.....you would never leave your house if you did :)

Take baby and enjoy yourself!! Relax and enjoy a slower pace.

our daughter went wdw at 3 months 5 months and 7 months. we took her on a disney cruise at 6 months and never would have changed any of it. she was just fine! never got sick or anything. use common sense dont let stangers touch or hold ur baby and wash ur own hands or bring sanitizers .

Do not tell people they are stupid to bring a baby to disney I'd rather my kid be there than at a nursery or grocery store.

Disney makes traveling w/ babies great the baby centers are wonderful. bring ur own stroller and blankets and some soap to wash bottles.
yeah its different dont go expecting to ride all the rides and do everything u did before its gonna be a slower day and plan on naps and shorter days. we are fortunate we live in florida so we go and walk around see things our baby loves the parades and shows with the music this last trip we took her on small world and killamnjaro safari she loved them both,
if u go in summer bring sunscreen,
as for for Disney cruise it is awesome for babies!!!!!!! if u have any ?? or need any help i would be more than happy to help u!
Congrats for still having a life with ur baby and not locking it in a house away fr the world!!!!

I took my six month old and she now has the distinction from my other kids that she has been breastfed on almost every ride at MK :rotfl:

If it was just her I can't say I would have done it, but we had a great time.

are you nuts?.....

just curious... are you one of those parents that stays cooped up in the house with the baby for the first year because of all the germs and such out in the world and never goes outside?

We had our kiddos out and about with us right after we brought them home from the hospital. If there aren't any health risks, then why keep them in a bubble?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter