Trip To Disneyland Is Getting Closer Now......So Excited

50surgeries2012

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are so excited. Our trip to Disneyland with our friend is getting closer now. We're leaving April 15th, and staying for a week. I am taking my manual wheelchair as our friend rented a car. I have a joke with her that is I'm hoping that nothing will break, or come apart on my manual wheelchair because the last two trips we took with her. My front caster tire came off, and the maintenance people at the hotel we were staying at couldn't fix it. On the second trip. The bearings on the front casters broke in half when we were at the Eugene airport. I guess they were pretty old, and I didn't realize it.

My friend's husband who had driven all of us to the airport was a saint then because made an extra trip when he took my manual wheelchair down to the DME dealer I go through in Springfield to see if they could fix it. I ended up having to use an airport wheelchair to get to the gate, and to the baggage claim when we landed in San Francisco.

We're staying at a hotel that's within walking distance of Disneyland, and Disney's California Adventure.

Yay for your trip :cool1:

Maybe think about starting an 'emergency kit' for your WC that has some extra parts, pliers, wrench, nuts and bolts, super glue ...in it just case you have a break down? Last time I took my manual WC I managed to forget the footrests as they come off and I forgot to put them back on before I loaded it in the car! DOH! :rolleyes:

Had to use Disney WC which was as you know a lot bulkier..and really heavy! ..but it worked for the trip. :) since then I double and triple check that. Have those footrests!

Yay for your trip :cool1:

Maybe think about starting an 'emergency kit' for your WC that has some extra parts, pliers, wrench, nuts and bolts, super glue ...in it just case you have a break down? Last time I took my manual WC I managed to forget the footrests as they come off and I forgot to put them back on before I loaded it in the car! DOH! :rolleyes:

Had to use Disney WC which was as you know a lot bulkier..and really heavy! ..but it worked for the trip. :) since then I double and triple check that. Have those footrests!

I'm actually going to pack a set of tools in the suitcase that we will be checking. We're flying on an airline where they'll allow one checked bag, and one carry-on. My friend told me the name of the airline, but I forgot it. I hope the suitcase won't be too heavy with the tools. But, since my guy and I are going to share a suitcase. It'll make it a lot easier to manage with, and push me in my wheelchair at the same time. Or. having our friend pull her suitcase, and our suitcase at the same time while my guy pushes me through the airport in my wheelchair.

I've had to use the Disney park wheelchair before too, and I agree with you on that.

I'm looking forward to a great trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter