Trip to Disney in 2013

fusion3333

Earning My Ears
I have been debating whether to do Disney world in a Disney hotel rent a condo. What are the major advantages of staying in a Disney hotel and is it worth it? We have been to Disney before but we rented a condo off site.

Benefits to staying onsite:
Disney transporation
Extra Magic Hours
Delivery of Purchases back to your resort
Free parking at all of the parks (if you prefer to drive)
Ability to purchase a dining plan
Immersed in the magic!

If you are flying to Orlando you can take Disneys magical express straight to the resort and have your luggage shipped directly to the resort. No stopping at baggage pick-up. Nice not worrying about hauling suitcases around. I have stayed both on and off site and while accommodations can be cheaper off site, nothing can beat the feeling of staying on Disney property. I like to leave the driving to them and just sit back and relax.

With the dining plan, the full service table meal cam be at any park or resort allowed? meaning if my reservations were at a restaurant in magic kingdom but I didn't visit that park that day can I still go

fusion3333 said:
With the dining plan, the full service table meal cam be at any park or resort allowed? meaning if my reservations were at a restaurant in magic kingdom but I didn't visit that park that day can I still go

No. Reservations behind park walls require a valid park ticket which has been used thru the gate for access. No exceptions.

Omg there are so many I don't know where to start. The biggest is the magic of being on property. You don't need a car starting from setting foot off the airplane to getting back on. You don't have to lug all your bag threw the airport along with your kids( priceless) hard enough to get them from point A to point B. Disney does it all for you. You get to your resort relax, hit a park whatever. The dinning plan, you either get ppl that love it or hate it. I love it-sit down with the kids, order your meal, dessert hand over your KTTW card and that's it! Pay a cash tip or charge it to your card awesome. Any packages you can have sent back to your resort. So many resorts to choose from at different price points. Staying off property is much cheaper yes but it's not the same, not at all. -this is all my opinions these are the many reasons why I love Disney. Good luck with your choice

I think a lot depends on how long you're going for and yiour companions. If you're there 2 weeks, with family, that may be a long time to share one or two rooms - but if I was there for 3 nights with my wife only, I'd be at a hotel for sure.

I agree with all the posts above about the advatanges of staying on property - the disadvantages are that it is much, much cheaper to rent a condo. A week in a condo will cost roughly the same as 3 nights in a value resort or 2 nights in a deluxe.

If you check the location of the condo, it can actually be quicker getting to the park from a condo than from in The World. But be careful - most of central Florida seems to advertise itself as "5 minutes from Disney". From a community like Formosa Gardens, you can be in the Animal Kingdom car park in well under 10 minutes - although a trip up to MK might take 20-25mins.

I have stayed at Disney on property ten times.

A few years ago, my stepbrother and his family went to Disney over Thanksgiving week. He reminded me many times that he didn't understand why anyone in their right mind would actually stay on-site. He just didn't "get it."

Fast forward a few years later, and they went this past year again, but stayed on-site. At Christmas, I think my stepbrother said a hundred times, "I don't know why people would stay off-property." ;)

Needless to say, "he got it."

They live in NC, and drove, but never touched the car after that. He couldn't believe the different modes of transportation.

They stayed at ASMo, and said how much they loved the entire interaction in the morning with the food court, getting on the buses, riding with a bunch of excited kids to get to the parks. They loved the pool and often spent hours in the evening just hanging around, talking to other families.

They said it felt like a "real vacation." No driving, no cooking, nothing. Just being immersed in the entire experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter