Trip to Atlantis?

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to learn about and to book a trip to Atlantis?
We are thinking about it as a graduation present/family vacation May/June 2007. Flying from Atlanta or drive down to FL for cruise over.
Thanks
P.S.
Notice I said, "thinking about". This may be way out of our budget. Can't get May 2007 quotes on Atlantis site online.

mickey'sbud said:
We are thinking about it as a graduation present/family vacation May/June 2007. Flying from Atlanta or drive down to FL for cruise over.
Thanks
P.S.
Notice I said, "thinking about". This may be way out of our budget. Can't get May 2007 quotes on Atlantis site online.

You may want to check out the Bahamas travel forums on tripadvisor.com or fodors.com.

We went to Atlantis in February 2004. I know that on their website they offer great deals. In fact, my brother is getting married in January in Florida and we talked about going then again.

Stephgles

Sorry to go OT, but what type of cruise are you thinking of taking to Atlantis? Are you thinking of taking a cruise that offers an Atlantis excursion for the day or is there a ferry service? We live in FL & I've never heard of a ferry service. That would be great!!!

As a side note, there's a ferry from Ft. Myers to Key West. Another used to run between Tampa & the Yucatan Peninsula, but they had problems with high port fees & poor channel dredging & pulled out. There's supposed to be another company doing that route starting some time this year.

tarheelmjfan said:
Sorry to go OT, but what type of cruise are you thinking of taking to Atlantis? Are you thinking of taking a cruise that offers an Atlantis excursion for the day or is there a ferry service? We live in FL & I've never heard of a ferry service. That would be great!!!

As a side note, there's a ferry from Ft. Myers to Key West. Another used to run between Tampa & the Yucatan Peninsula, but they had problems with high port fees & poor channel dredging & pulled out. There's supposed to be another company doing that route starting some time this year.

Sorry, I'm clueless. I'm in the beginning stages of planning and I was just really inquiring of the possibility of cruising over to Atlantis. I have no idea if it is possible or not. However, I have heard that some cruises do allow time at Atlantis for daytime visit, but that there is a sizeable fee to get on property. I think the purpose is for gambling. But, I thought by chance you might could do a cruise/land combo, kinda like WDW and Cruise combo.
At any rate just for further info, we wouldn't be going for the gambling, but for the resort stay.

mickey'sbud said:
Sorry, I'm clueless. I'm in the beginning stages of planning and I was just really inquiring of the possibility of cruising over to Atlantis. I have no idea if it is possible or not. However, I have heard that some cruises do allow time at Atlantis for daytime visit, but that there is a sizeable fee to get on property. I think the purpose is for gambling. But, I thought by chance you might could do a cruise/land combo, kinda like WDW and Cruise combo.
At any rate just for further info, we wouldn't be going for the gambling, but for the resort stay.

I haven't heard of that option, but it would be great. Most of the cruise ships that go to Nassau offer excursions to Atlantis. Lots of people go for the pools. I don't particularly care for the Bahamas, & have never thought the short trip to Atlantis would be worth taking a cruise that had the Bahamas as a port of call. If you do decide to go that route, you can book a room at Comfort Suites for the day & have full use of Atlantis property. I would love to be able to take a ferry there & back though. I much prefer being on the water than flying.

mickey'sbud said:
Thanks
P.S.

I love the Atlantis. Have vacationed there several times. You can book the Comfort Suites which is right across the street for much less than the Atlantis and still have all use of Atlantis facilities. We've stayed onsite twice and the Comfort Suites twice. In fact, we're going again in April to the Comfort Suites. Not only is the per night charge less, you get a free Continental breakfast which is a big help considering that food prices are expensive.

Feel free to PM me with any question. I have lots of information for Paradise Island.

bradleysnana said:
When you stayed at the Comfort, were you able to use the Atlantis pools?
That would be awesome!

You can use ALL of Atlantis facilities - pool, waterslides, etc. Atlantis owns the Comfort Suites property so you have full use of the resort. You just show your Comfort Suites room ID at the Atlantis and will be given a wristband exactly like the Atlantis guests. It is across the road (not on the beach) so you have a short walk to Atlantis.

Atlantis is so big that even if you stay on property (Beach or Coral Towers) it's a hike to the slides.

I have been to the Atlantis 4 years in a row and my family just LOVES it!!!! We own Starwood timeshare so we get to stay in AMAZING accomodations at Harborside at Atlantis. In fact, I have four villas for next May booked already...I will probably be renting 2 of the weeks out. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.

Here is a link directly to the Harborside area on the Atlantis website:
HARBORSIDE AT ATLANTIS

If you would like any info on Atlantis itself, I can give it to you! The resort is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! It is HUGE! They have lots to do during the day...8 pools, The Dig, Fish Feedings all day, Water Slides, Lazy River, The Beach!!!, I can go on and on. I just LOVE this place!!!!! Just know, the restaurants are EXPENSIVE. But if you have a villa, you can cook some meals in your villa to save money! We do that for breakfast sometimes...the breakfast buffet is over $20 per person!

If you would like any further information, please feel free to ask. Atlantis is probably my FAVORITE vacation destination...next to WDW, of course. They are two DIFFERENT kind of vacations.

we went for the first time in May of this year and it was amazing!!! We rented a timeshare at Harborside and it was sooooo beautiful! I have loads of pictures if you are interested - I would absolutley recommend renting a timeshare at Harborside - accomadations are very spacious and close to Atlantis - also shuttles run constantly to the main resorts. Feel free to PM if you have any questions! We went with very minimal $$ for spending - but packed lots of food to cook at hotel. That saved A BUNDLE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter