Trip Tips Please

ScottISU

Earning My Ears
End of June trip. Staying at OKW on points rented through DVC Rentals (great service so far!). We are 60 days out, so have booked all dp meals, fp+, and check-in. Family of 4 (ages 8 and 4). Welcome any tips or changes recommended to our itinerary.

Wed Check-In/Requested Upper Floor Miller's Road area. Head to Downtown Disney, Quest?, Dinner @ Portobello.

Thur MK. FP+ 10:00am Splash, 3pm Peter Pan, 4pm Seven Dwarfs. Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare - 6:30pm.

Fri AK. FP+ 9:30am Dino, 12:30pm Kali River, 3:30 Safari. Dinner @ Tusker - 6pm.

Sat Epcot. FP+ 11a SE, 12:30pm Nemo, 1:30pm Soarin. Dinner @ Akershus - 5:30pm.

Sun Water Park in AM then MK. FP+ 12:30pm Enchanted Tales (lunch @ BOG - 1:40p), 3:30 Buzz Space Ranger, 4:30pm Anna and Elsa. Dinner @ Ohana - 8:30p.

Mon HS. FP+ 9:30am Toy Story Mania, 2 pm Star Tours, 4pm ToT. Dinner @ Chef Mickey's - 7pm.

Tues. Checkout. Still have a day left on park tickets (6 day, non-hopper) so can do water park, wrap up with anything we want to do again or missed at one park.

First post, so forgive me for not knowing all the shorthand. Thanks!

The only thing I would rework is Sunday. You won't have enough time at the water park before you have to be at Enchanted Tales FP. Everything else looks doable!:yay:

I will only add this. You are going to love OKW. I agree with pp, you need most of a day at any water park

I would suggest trying to get an early FP+ for the safari at AK as the animals are much more active in the morning. But if you can't make it work with the rest of your FP+'s then it will still be okay!

From experience last year-the water park day is very tiring. We did Blizzard Beach from about 30 min after open to about 3. Went and cleaned up and rested. Dinner at 6 with first FP not til ~7:30 or so - stayed til midnight, then had a sleep-in day the next day. If that hadn't been the only day I had for A&E and SDMT we may have just skipped going to the parks. I know it would be hard to let go of a BOG lunch but if you want a water park I'd consider reworking that day. And 'Ohana that late may make for cranky kids:)

And at AK-try and get to Festival of the Lion King, and Nemo shows-both really good and entertaining for adults and kids. At your kids ages get the Wilderness Explorer book too-fun free activities and the cast members doing these are outstanding.

Have fun!!

Curious if you planned your FP spaced out so far, or if those were the times "recommended" to you?

Just want to be sure you are aware times can be changed to make FP back to back... that's usually our preferred style of touring, but not always if working around an ADR.

Yeah, I modified the times just a bit from the options provided, but not a ton. I agree on the water park timing, we may look at that a little closer, but don't typically spend a lot of time there - a few trips around the lazy river and the little kids area. Going to double check the earlier safari times now as well! Thanks everyone for the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter