Trip Report--with PIPs :)

Jules04

Earning My Ears
Trip Report for our trip May 6-9

I have learned so much from these boards; I want give back with what I learned from our trip.

We stayed at Homewood Suites. It had all the things we needed: a suite, free hot breakfast, full kitchen, shuttle, low price ($109 a night). The room was great. Comfy beds, excellent shower, quiet (we never heard anyone), and a big couch for relaxing. We saved a lot of money by bringing our own food to cook. Really the only thing I didnt like was the shuttle. It was stressful in the morning because it wasnt big enough for everyone so you had to get in line 15-20 minutes prior to its arrival to insure a spot. And since we came back every day for naps, it probably limited our park time somewhat.

Random thoughts!:

Everyone was right, bring your stroller. We brought our double jogger and our girls 5 and almost 3 definitely needed it. We actually broke a wheel on the third night so we didnt have it on day 4. I was exhausted because my youngest wanted to be carried so much that day.

The princess faire is awesome! We used our magic morning time there and we practically had the place to ourselves. The princesses took their time and the pictures turned out great. We also did Ariels Grotto and after having done the princess hall, it was a let down. Though it was nice to see more princesses. We also hit pixie hallow and the wishing well before it got busy.
pr3b4.jpg

2v83kut.jpg

34pj421.jpg

My carefully thought out touring plans went out the window. We just followed the girls lead. We spent A LOT of time in toontown. They probably could have stayed there all day. They loved exploring every corner of it. That place got busy fast though, so get there when it first opens. They also loved all the carnival like rides. Bugs Land was a big hit and the Mater tractor pull.
sfi39i.jpg

33clru0.jpg

Whoever suggested taking pictures of possible souvenirs as your kids see them and then looking at the pics while waiting in line is a genius. We had no meltdowns over which souvenir to get.
n4v05w.jpg

Try everything the kids are willing to do; what they like may surprise you. My timid youngest loved the go-gadget rollercoaster and Mickeys wheel (in the swinging seats!).
5eagw5.jpg

15oy05h.jpg

The parks are amazing at night. Im so glad we did a mid-day break so we could close down the parks. We did single rider with a baby swap for radiator racers at night. If you are only going to do it once, do it at night. Also I you are short like me; try not to sit in the back middle. I would have enjoyed it even more if I could see well :.

Photo-Pass is the best thing ever!! We got about 200 pictures and I love 70 of them. When I get the disc, Ill post some of them. Also, it was great to do the same spot multiple times. The pictures look so different depending on the time of day and some photographers were better than others. Also, having the kids in coordinating or matching outfits turned out really well. I never would have thought to do that before visiting these boards and seeing pictures, so glad I did. Also, we got some of our best pictures (on our camera) on mickeys fun wheel, the tea cups, and while waiting in line.
aya9dv.jpg

2by1pv.jpg

2yngme8.jpg
317csa9.jpg

Unexpected hits. The whole family loved the Aladdin show. It is a must see. The jungle cruise. My husband and I were cracking up at the jokes (could have been the drinks we had prior ;)) and it was relaxing to just sit for a while.

If you like shopping, send your significant other off with the kids and do DTD by yourself. I loved slowly strolling through the shops alone.

Next time, if we do four days, I want to take a whole day off from the parks in the middle to sleep in and rest. By day four we were all so tired that we didnt enjoy the parks as much.
5wd0tz.jpg

I think that is everything. Thanks again everyone for helping make our trip magical.

What cute girls! Sounds like a great trip!

I never heard the tip about taking pics of souvenirs to look at it line. Wish I knew that when my boys were little. Oh well!

So glad your trip went well, this makes me excited for upcoming trip. I think I will definitely get photo pass + after seeing this post. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips!! I love the idea of resting in the middle of the week. Maybe next time!

Great report! So the Fantasy Faire is open during MM/EMH? I had read some conflicting reports about it. Have BTDT with my older girls, I'd love to avoid it, but my littest is now a princess freak, so it's back to it and I would love to get it done early while the others ride Matterhorn or something.

I think this is one of the best pictures ever :)

Glad your family had such a great time, thanks for sharing your TR and pictures!

I love it too!! If this doesn't sat "Disney Love", I don't know what does! Glad you all had a great time!

So happy you had a magical trip :goodvibes your pictures are adorable, and I am sure your Photopass pictures will be amazing! Did you get the plus or just the regular? 200 pictures is a lot, what am I not doing? We have only gotten them at character greetings, and rides.

We hadn't been to Aladdin for our first three trips, and this last trip we had some kind of VIP pass so we went, and afterwards we all said "I can't believe we have been missing this!" It was incredible as well as a cool place to sit and relax.

Your daughters are more brave than me. I am too chicken to do the swinging carts! My daughter has, so maybe this time I will bite the bullet.

Love the idea of taking pics. of souvenirs they want :thumbsup2 our DD is 11, and this trip we are going to be giving her a gift card for each day so she can buy her own souvenirs, but if she can't decide, rather than just buy it, we could take a pic. for her to look at towards the end of the trip so she can remember what she wanted and decide whether or not to get it. Trying to teach that those impulse purchases aren't always the best. And, hopefully with it being her own money, she will be a lot more conscious of her spending.

I also LOVE strolling through DTD alone and at night! I would rather do it by myself than constantly be asked if we are done yet, and I can go in any adore I want! This trip we are going with another family, and the other mom and I are looking forward to leaving the kids with the dads and going to DTD :banana:

We always do 6-7 days so that we can take an afternoon and swim or just rest, and we don't feel like we are missing out on park time. It's also nice to kind of focus on 2-3 lands each day. We have stayed at the Homewood Suites also, and we really liked it, but totally understand about the shuttle. The last two trips we have stayed at the crosswalk, and now we won't do anything else. So nice to have a 6-8 minute walk back to our room rather than waiting for a shuttle. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, and hopefully you have many more in your future!

Your daughters are more brave than me. I am too chicken to do the swinging carts! My daughter has, so maybe this time I will bite the bullet.

Just hold on the first time it swings (and hold on to little ones :)) you get used to it.
And since I'm being AW anyways, a few more pics to convince you to take your camera on this ride!
6f9px2.jpg

usr5w.jpg

13zbybq.jpg

15yw3rt.jpg

So happy you had a magical trip :goodvibes your pictures are adorable, and I am sure your Photopass pictures will be amazing! Did you get the plus or just the regular? 200 pictures is a lot, what am I not doing? We have only gotten them at character greetings, and rides.

We got the photopass plus. I just always made sure the photographer knew I had PP+. We got over 30 pictures just at the princess hall.

DH and I would just stop every time we saw one. If the girls didn't want to do it, we did just us. We hardly have any pictures of the two of us since our wedding (10 years ago!) so this was another great feature. Also I noticed that some photographers just took more. One of the times we did it in front of the castle we got about 15-20 pictures, another time 3.

Great report! So the Fantasy Faire is open during MM/EMH? I had read some conflicting reports about it. Have BTDT with my older girls, I'd love to avoid it, but my littest is now a princess freak, so it's back to it and I would love to get it done early while the others ride Matterhorn or something.

Early entry for us was 9:00, so maybe that is why? We did a few pictures in front of the castle and then walked to the hall. We were the second ones in line.

What beautiful pictures! I showed the pictures with Tink and Daisy to my almost-2-yr old, and I think she got what was going on for the first time. We may even have the same pretty red paisley print dress, if you got it from Old Navy, haha. Also loved the idea of snapping pics of the souvenirs, completely brilliant! Thanks so much for the idea!

Great report and even better photos! I LOVE the idea of the photos of possible souveniears. I just need to remember to take a photo of the store too so I'll remember where we saw it :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing your pictures too.
I loved getting the pp+ as well. Found it well worth it and I am an admitted budget traveler.
I so agree about the Aladdin show - definitely broadway material. What a deal. So glad someone told me about it.
We only spent 3 days on our family trip last summer but we took off one day to spend at the beach and not get up early since opening was 8am at that time.
My 3 - 4,7,8 - all loved Gadget as well.

Oh my it looks like you had a good time. I will have to check into photo pass. Would you say you could leave your own camera home and just use photo pass?

Oh my it looks like you had a good time. I will have to check into photo pass. Would you say you could leave your own camera home and just use photo pass?

In our experience, no, I wouldn't leave our own camera at home. PP is great for ride photos, characters, etc, but not for the "smaller" moments - and those tend to be the most magical.

OP...love the additional pics. on the wheel! Looks like they had a blast :cool1: I am embarrassed to say how much this ride scares me, but I am so afraid of heights that the first two trips I went on it, I sat on the floor of the cart :rotfl2: It wasn't until this last trip that on sat on the seat with my hand clenching DD and DH! So, this trip my goal is to do the swinging :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter