Trip Report SSR

HUFF590

DIS Veteran
Our second trip home, and like our first trip it was perfect.We arrived at 9am May 13-20 and had our choice of 3 rooms ready at the Springs, so we picked one and bell services helped us with our luggage. The room was so clean I do beleive it had never been used before.We had a 2 bedroom and my ds and dd
there husband and wife fell in love with the place. We had a water view and the grounds where lovely. After a 10 hour drive we decided to go to the pool, wow plenty of chairs and the downstream daquri was the best drink ever, the girl at the bar was so nice and funny she remembered me all week. I dont know why everyone thinks the pool is to small, even when all the chairs we used there was so much room in the pool, great slide. We went back to the room at at 4pm to meet garden grocer who was right on time with the food.I then went to the spa for workout, that place is WOW nice. Now the bus service was the best Ive ever seen at SSR never waited more than 15 min at the park or the resort. I found out that the Turf Club has a new menu great hamburgers and chicken wings. The food court also has a great breakfast, and I love being able to shop while you wait for yuor breakfast, we bought a nice SSR shirt for my wife and I. To sum it up we love SSR I told my wife I would like to check out some of the other resorts one day, and she said no this is her Home now, and I agree its nice to say this is my place. :cool1:

It's so great to hear wonderful things about SSR. That is our home resort and we loved it. Although we are trying to try out all of the resorts. We will definately be back in the very near future. I like to hear good things about SSR!!!! :cheer2:

So glad you enjoyed your stay!

While SSR is our home, we have yet to stay there.

We just returned home from OKW (which we love & is where we have been staying the last few years) but really fell in love with SSR this trip & changed our Sept OKW ressies to SSR while we were still there! We can't wait!

Have to agree about the spa & pool & Artists Palette. Olivia's did away with some of our favorites & Good's is only open til 10 with very limited choices...

Hope our experience ends up as positively as yours did!

Thanks for the great report! We're heading home to SSR for the first time tomorrow - can't wait!!!

Glad to hear you had a great trip ''home'' :thumbsup2
I feel the same way about SSR :cloud9:

Great report! thanks!

You mentioned the new menu items at Turf Club -- have they opened the new seating area as well? Just curious.

happyrebster said:
Great report! thanks!

You mentioned the new menu items at Turf Club -- have they opened the new seating area as well? Just curious.

They are working on the seating but not ready yet. We sat outside on the rear deck and they do bring your order to you there.

Glad to see this, makes me excited about buying at SSR after all. Huge plus, new resort = no crooked light fixtures and nicks in the tables which I am hearing ruins vacations.

:thumbsup2

Hi

Thank you for your trip report. Dh & myself will be there end July/ beginning of Aug.

Do you think the table service seating will be ready for then?

I cant wait to get there! :rolleyes:

:woohoo:

zalansky said:
Glad to see this, makes me excited about buying at SSR after all. Huge plus, new resort = no crooked light fixtures and nicks in the tables which I am hearing ruins vacations.

:thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey huff, what an appropriate name. Funny I don't remember seeing many posts from you over here on the DVC forum? :confused3 Another ghost writer I suspect. I'll be watching for your posts over here and when you don't post I'll pm you a reminder. Another sad, pathetic ghost writer trying to spur sales of that dive SSR. Who are you WebmasterD, ChuckS, Carolmn? Fess up. Nobody is buying your glowing SSR review. Nice try but the truth is always watching waiting to call out liars like you. Remember Captain80? Probably not but he was another ghost writer telling us all how he bought DVC while on his cruise. I called him out and we neveer heard from him again. I'll be watching much like the Big Brothers of this board, not allowing any negative SSR reviews to post.

Happy travels,

Telling it like it is Johnny

We're heading home to SSR for the first time in 29 days - can't wait!
Hoping the Turf Club expansion will be finished by then. Does it look like they're getting close?

Thanks for the trip report. My wife and I returned from WDW last week. We talked to several DVC members/guides during our trip. We talked to a nice couple (Lori and Patrick) on the ME bus to the airport and have been thinking hard about becoming DVC members. Tonight, we just agreed that we DVC is for us. We're looking forward to making SSR our new home.

Dan & Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter