Trip report - Nov 6-11 Day 3

3mom

Earning My Ears
Day 3 - MK

Today was the day I obsessively planned for. I picked Tues for MK based on the touring plan website suggestions and had the touring plans from the Unofficial Guide committed to memory! We arrived at opening, saw the opening show and ran with everyone else to Space Mtn. Got right on - it's my kids' favorite. Did Buzz (no wait), ran over to BTMRR, rode that twice (no wait). Crowds appeared to be on the lower side.

Had 10:30 breakfast at Crystal Palace. Good time to go - the crowd was thinning out. Got great pictures.

We continued to tour the rest of the day with little or no waits - I don't think we even got any FPs that day. We saw and rode everything we wanted to. The weather probably played a big role in the low crowds - it was cloudy all morning and started raining in the afternoon. No problem though, we had ponchos and we just kept going. The kids were a little water-logged, but we got to ride Space Mtn 4 times that day without waiting. (That was plenty for me!) I was amazed by the number of people who didn't have ponchos. We had one family ask us where we got ours.

The 6:40pm castle show was cancelled, but the princesses and princes and Mickey and Minnie came out of the castle for pictures. We got some great shots. The park was pretty empty by this time.

We stayed for fireworks, even though they weren't so brilliant because of the cloudy skies. Still, Wishes is a great show.

Our highlight of the day was when a cast member pulled us out of the Snow White line to have the kids make a pixie dust wish at the fountain in Fantasyland. Then he brought us to the front of the line at Snow White. We felt pretty special (though both my husband & I were hoping for all day FPs or something similiar!)

It was a great day, very wet, but from a planning perspective, very successful (only people on this board can appreciate when your planning goes without a hitch!)

I remember the first time I saw MK with a zillion yellow raincoats.....it just blew my mind......once when they were 5 dollars.......my husband said.......just look at those thousands and thousands of dollars......laughed about it......\
thanks so much for your report......sounds like you did it all and saw it all.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter