Trip report - Nov 6-11 Day 1&2

3mom

Earning My Ears
Cast - me, DH, 11 yr old DS, 8 yr old DD, 6 yr old DD

We left Southern NJ around 6am on Sun, Nov 5 and drove the 1000(!!) miles down to Orlando in one day. We made great time - 15 hours. We stopped only twice and were extremely happy to arrive at the Sheraton Vistana Resort around 9pm. Accomodations were excellent - everyone was thrilled. As we were coming into the room, we could hear fireworks outside. We went onto the screened balcony and saw fireworks above the trees (we had a 4th floor villa.) What a great welcome to DW!

Day 2 - MGM. Arrived at opening; not too crowded. Rode TOT with no wait -loved it!! My 6yr old and 11 yr old loved it too, but my 8 yr old said "never again". FP for RNRRC, then onto Great Movie Ride. Went back to ride RNRRC (8yr old loved that one, thank God) and then continued to hit mostly everything with little wait. Lots of people in the park, but lines were very manageable. Stunt show was fun. We left around 5pm - kids were exhausted. Went back to hotel and swam - heated pools are great! Had some dinner at the hotel and got to bed relatively early - MK is tomorrow!!

Wow, you did great with your road trip. Do you usually drive or fly?

This is our 2nd time driving. It's a really long day, but we saved about $1,000 in airfare for the 5 of us. My husband has a company car so we don't worry about putting miles on it. As long as the kids have plenty of DVDs, things are pretty quiet in the car. We've also gotten very lucky - both times we've had great driving weather and little traffic.

our trip would be 26 hours so we will bite the bullet and fly......thanks for your report.....and yes I agree with 8i year old......never again....did it four times and I thought...why make myself sick over a ride......nope not ever again
thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter