TRIP REPORT - HONEST OPINIONS, Sorry to busrt your bubbles!!

Crunchiepink, don't worry, I also thought that Cafe Mickey was more a cafe rather than a restaurant until I actually went and read the menu outside! :blush: However, when we went there we found the food to be delicious and of a very high standard. I do understand what you mean about Inventions though, that is a very special buffet in a very special place, but of course the atmosphere of the two places are designed to be different. :)

I think you have made some very valid points in your post and although some of us may not agree with your opinions, we will just all have to agree to differ! :goodvibes After all, the world would be a very boring place if we all thought the same! :grouphug:

Crunchipink I think It's very fair of you to say you've been there done that and don't want to do it again.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Its just that you'll find a lot of opposing ones here , but I'm sure you expected that. :goodvibes
I have to agree with you regarding the Cafe Mickey Menu. From reading the menu only we didn't eat there as I didn't like the choices for DD (3).We went to Inventions too and I loved the choice of food and although it was a bit more expensive I would go again.

We just returned last night and I have to agree....it was the worst holiday I've ever had. The first night's meal at the Beaver Creek Inn at the Sequoia was AWEFUL. The food was cold, the meat was TOUGH as shoe leather, and the prices were outrageous. To spend $14.00 Euro on a 3 year old's meal when she had two chicken nuggets is beyond stupid. I felt really taken by the end of the four days there.

I tend to agree re prices. I do think some of the food and drink is expensive - but I think food and drink is expensive in any Theme Park no matter where you are. :confused3 :confused3 They can charge what they can get away with because they have a captive audience.

I tend to treat my Disney Holidays as a chance to indulge in all the fast food and stuff that I would only have as a one off treat at home.

Personally I tend to graze my way around, a hot dog here, a hamburger there, which is something I would never normally do. That way I don't have to worry about forking out for a 'proper' meal and I don't feel quite so ripped off. I'd do the same in a theme park in the UK too.

I think the food is a reasonable price in Disney. (ignoring my 15% shareholders discount :thumbsup2 )

I think prices in the UK are much worse, Take the "popular" chain brewers fayre for instance, every single meal comes from the freezer then either the fryer or the microwave, the 25€ average 3 course meal in disney seems good value compared to the rubish a lot of places in the UK dish up.

I think the food is reasonably priced too - considering you're in a Disney theme park. When we dine at places like Blue Lagoon the food is exceptional and the price is very good value compared to a good restaurant here in England - compared to London it's a veritable bargain. Add in the amazing theming and it becomes a realistic bargain.

I've never let the price of food worry me - I'm on holiday to spend too much and enjoy myself - Tescos blue and white cheapie good is for culinary bargains, not a Disney theme park.

I've read this thread with interest.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I think reading this they are all extremely valid. Friends of mine think we ARE insane going to Disney every year, sometimes twice but then we couldn't stand doing a beach holiday we'd be bored and camping, stayed one night in my brothers trailer tent and promptly booked into the nearest hotel! Each to their own :confused3

Cost is an issue, to stay at DLP, specially on site, is expensive but I didn't find the food to be too different to what we would pay in, as chrismoo said, our local Brewers Fayre. As with the bad meals we went to a Frankie & Bennys in Birmingham and it was terrible but then went to Bristol and it was fantastic, luck of the draw!?

With the queues, we took my daughter and 2 of her friends to Alton Towers, had a great day but ended up queuing for 2 hours to go on the mousetrap or whatever it's called. I'm like you crunchiepink, hate queuing with a passion, queues to long won't wait.

But, Disney is special, it's what makes DLP special, it's a place if you want and I have, skip with your daughter, act the fool, walk along with a big grin and not feel weird...OK now my daughters 12 she may give me a few stares but who cares! I couldn't do it walking along Tewkesbury High Street, I'd be arrested.

I think what I'm trying to say, allbeit long winded is that a holiday is what you want it to be, our first experience of Disney the european way wasn't that positive but in 2 weeks we're going back for a third time :banana:

wilki32 said:
But, Disney is special, it's what makes DLP special, it's a place if you want and I have, skip with your daughter, act the fool, walk along with a big grin and not feel weird...

I am so pleased to read that and realise that we weren't the only ones to partake in such silliness! :yay:

I was only wondering yesterday what use I might have for the Dingo ears headband I bought, now that I'm home again... :lmao:

kevankiki said:
I am so pleased to read that and realise that we weren't the only ones to partake in such silliness! :yay:

I was only wondering yesterday what use I might have for the Dingo ears headband I bought, now that I'm home again... :lmao:
You'd better believe there are quite a few of us :goodvibes

Bring them to Tewkesbury, you with your dingo ears and me with my POTC bandana complete with Mickey ears! We can keep each other company in the cells :rotfl2:

wilki32 said:
Bring them to Tewkesbury, you with your dingo ears and me with my POTC bandana complete with Mickey ears! We can keep each other company in the cells :rotfl2:

What a fantastic idea, we visit Gloucester once a twice a year as my brother lives there, and Kimbee can wear her Marie ears too :rotfl:

It's no wonder people who hang out on the Internet have such a reputation :banana:

kevankiki said:
What a fantastic idea, we visit Gloucester once a twice a year as my brother lives there, and Kimbee can wear her Marie ears too :rotfl:

It's no wonder people who hang out on the Internet have such a reputation :banana:

I'll come too and just wait until you see my Musical Birthday Cake hat :cheer2: :cheer2:

Crunchiepink - sorry the hol wasn't all you expected, at the end of the day Disney isn't for everyone and your entitled to your opinions. :)
If anyone's bubbles feeling a bit fragile I'll be more than happy to reinflate it with my trip report coming soon. :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to read your trip report Jill, especially if a birthday hat is playing a part :yay:

Hi there this is my first comment on this site but we just got back from a 6 day stay in DLPR and it was my first time there.

Cafe mickey
We had the best night of food and entertainment there and NO PAPER CUPS!!! my daughter and two nephews (and all the other children there) were given plastic beakers with lids which I reused all holiday. My meal was Rack of lamb with olive mash, sundried tomato & garlic relish & stunning sauce - hardly fast food?.

My DD got to dance with, kiss and hug minnie & mickey mouse all night, the staff were friendly and when every waiter and character sang happy birthday to my nephew I thought he was going to burst with surprise.

All this for 209e (two courses for seven and birthday cake).

Yes we are all entiled to our opinion and this really was my favourite bit but maybe you should have eaten in Cafe Mickey first?

We had a great time and I can't wait to go again keep thinking of all the things I meant to do and forgot!!!

Big hello to JillRobinson thanks for organising the trip

Hi catgirl03 and welcome! :welcome: So glad you enjoyed your holiday. :)

I've just read all about your evening in Jill's trip report - what a fantastic time you had! :goodvibes

H catgirl03 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
You'll know from Jill that we are a friendly bunch so glad that you joined in on another thread. Please start your own thread if you have any questions or want to share your own observations as a 1st time visitor. :goodvibes

Hi Catgirl,
I started reading your post, thinking wow that's amazing you had the same experience as us :lmao:
Glad you, Matt & Jessie enjoyed it as much as we did. :love:

jillrobinson said:
Hi Catgirl,
I started reading your post, thinking wow that's amazing you had the same experience as us :lmao:
Glad you, Matt & Jessie enjoyed it as much as we did. :love:

I started reading the post and thought it was you Jill, until your user id was mentioned! :rotfl2:

Glad you had such a lovely time catgirl03, welcome to the board! :banana:

Honesty works well with me.

We came back yesterday and honestly, the 5 days we stayed were too long. I think that we could have happily stayed 3-4. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel this time - and here you do not have to book a breakfast slot. You just turn up whenever (the later the busier). At Explorers last year, we did find it irritating to have to turn up at a certain time.

By the time we come home (this year and last year) we are truly disneyed to the hilt and feel like we couldn't face another Disney holiday (it is exhausting). But we know that over the year we will be left with many magical memories and this time next year we will be desperate for us (and the children) to experience that very special magic again. You may find the same and, if not, then at least you can say you've tried it once:D

I think that being a native Floridian and living in Walt Disney World's backyard through much of my life, has me a little jaded about my visit to Disneyland Paris. It was not nearly as grand as my Disney and I felt much of the magic just wasn't there. We were booked for a four day stay, but arrived late on the first day, so that really didn't count....and I still felt like there was not enough to do during our stay. There is just SO much more in the Disney World Florida for everyone, especially for children my kid's age...three. She only wanted to ride on one thing and that was "It's a Small World". Many of the other rides were unsuitable for her and downright scary. It didn't help that she broke her front tooth on Pocahontas' Playground sliding down a slide, either. Maybe I expected too much from Disneyland Paris....but I really was disenchanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter